The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Already got a WiiU, so waiting on the Wind Waker HD Collector's Edition at GameStop with the Ganon statue for $55.

Already got a WiiU, so waiting on the Wind Waker HD Collector's Edition at GameStop with the Ganon statue for $55.
Is the U.S. getting the Gannondorf statue? I've only seen pictures for the Europe version. I will pay msrp for that thing.

Is the U.S. getting the Gannondorf statue? I've only seen pictures for the Europe version. I will pay msrp for that thing.
From Nintendo's press release...

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.

While I'm not really interested in it because of the download version of the game, I hope someone else other than GS picks this up. Same with the Ganon figure. 

From Nintendo's press release...

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.
I will need to stop in GameStop after work today and get my reserve switched to the Ganondorf version. Hopefully it is in the system by then.

Sucks that they are throwing the extra goodies as digital downloads. I like owning physical copies.. so even though this is a good deal and the gamepad looks awesome, looks like I'll be waiting to pick a Wii U up.

There is no way this wont' sell out, the MSRP is the exact same as the regular Deluxe, but with a free premium game, and that digital code for Hyrule Historia.

I will need to stop in GameStop after work today and get my reserve switched to the Ganondorf version. Hopefully it is in the system by then.
Considering most of corporate is at the GS convention in Vegas don't be surprised if it takes until Friday for it to show up.

Am I crazy, or doesn't it also have a special Zelda themed gamepad?
It does have a special Zelda themed gamepad.

WiiUset_k_goldback_C_NOA.png

Considering most of corporate is at the GS convention in Vegas don't be surprised if it takes until Friday for it to show up.
Called my local Gamestop and was told they have 2 SKU's in the system. He said the Limited Edition was showing for $59.99 rather than $54.99, but that the prices had just changed so they are likely still updating the info.

Weird question.

I want to pre-order the Wii-U Zelda bundle, it's avaliable online. Can I pre-order it at full price now then later add trade in-gift cards/credit to it to reduce the price?

Weird question.I want to pre-order the Wii-U Zelda bundle, it's avaliable online. Can I pre-order it at full price now then later add trade in-gift cards/credit to it to reduce the price?
The only online site I know of that allows that is Amazon and they don't sell Nintendo hardware.

Can anyone speculate on how limited this bundle will be? Will this be more excessively produced like the New Super Mario Bros red Wii bundle and therefor be available for months to come or will it be comparable to 3DS limited edition releases and have more of a single-ish production? I know no legitimate details have been released on this but just wanted to hear other peoples perspectives.

Can anyone speculate on how limited this bundle will be? Will this be more excessively produced like the New Super Mario Bros red Wii bundle and therefor be available for months to come or will it be comparable to 3DS limited edition releases and have more of a single-ish production? I know no legitimate details have been released on this but just wanted to hear other peoples perspectives.
Speculation you say??? You've come to the right place! *snaps suspenders*

I predict a flood of these consoles. It's cheaper to not produce a physical game and since they're taking a loss on the console they're going to prefer you buy this to the Nintendoland bundles. Plus it's Zelda and this seems like something of a Hail Mary pass to sell a ton of consoles because so far they've sold almost nothing.

So yeah I predict that this will be limited to the number they can sell.

I also predict Deader comes and tells me I'm wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

I predict a flood of these consoles. It's cheaper to not produce a physical game and since they're taking a loss on the console they're going to prefer you buy this to the Nintendoland bundles. Plus it's Zelda and this seems like something of a Hail Mary pass to sell a ton of consoles because so far they've sold almost nothing.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines. At least it's still a fair opportunity for me to finally get a Wii U. Unfortunately i'll probably force myself to also buy the physical game for the statue. :???:

Yeah I dont know...Zelda stuff they dont seem to produce as much as others. The 3DS version sells for quite a bit now. I think im gonna pass on the console until its cheaper still but Im gonna try to grab that limited edition with the statue even though I dont have a Wii U lol :)

So...

If I preorder online I have to pay all at once?  How much do you have to pay if you preorder in the store?

The Gannon figure...you have to pay extra or it's included in the limited edition bundle?  Or is it only with a limited edition of the game?

It's a GameStop exclusive. A Zelda themed console sold at one retail store is not going to last long. Get it now or get an all black one with no Zelda.

I also predict Deader comes and tells me I'm wrong!
If that was the case they would produce more of those Animal Crossing XL. It would make sense by your logic, since AC cart use a special chip that are more expensive to make. Compare to carts, printing a disc cost next to nothing.

$299? Not too bad. With the game, that's a defacto $100 price cut on the deluxe. I might deal at this price point.

Where's all the people telling me a week or two ago that there wouldn't even be a black friday/holiday bundle for $299?  :whistle2: 

Now the decision, to pick this bundle which may or may not sell through depending on how limited it is. Or wait and see if Black Friday brings us something even better (i.e. a $249 bundle of some sort)

If there is a black friday deal it will be around $50 saving ($50 off, $50 gift card, or another game).  But it nintendo don't have any more shipment, the price will go up at least $100 on ebay by November.  Don't forget that amazon will not be carrying this.  It is up to you if you want to gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind Waker is still my favorite Zelda and that GamePad looks awesome, but I can't justify getting both this and a PS4 at launch when I barely have time to play the games I currently have. Stupid responsibilities that come with getting older.

If that was the case they would produce more of those Animal Crossing XL. It would make sense by your logic, since AC cart use a special chip that are more expensive to make. Compare to carts, printing a disc cost next to nothing.
Call me when 3DS has only sold 3.5 million consoles after a year then we'll talk....I mean it's not like Nintendo didn't do something drastic with it when they couldn't sell it amirite?

Wind Waker HD just dropped to $50 on the site, is this MSRP or just a current deal? I put $60 on Wind Waker HD, so will I just get $10 back or will they simply give me the collectors edition instead?

Wind Waker HD just dropped to $50 on the site, is this MSRP or just a current deal? I put $60 on Wind Waker HD, so will I just get $10 back or will they simply give me the collectors edition instead?
new MSRP, you need to ask them to change it to CE.

50 is msrp. I doubt you would get the ce since they are different skus

Does this come with Nintendoland AND Zelda or just Zelda?
Black Wii U Console (32GB)

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U GamePad

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD full game digital download

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia digital download

bread's done
Back