The Official CAG September 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

I got Dishonored from the most recent gamefly sale.  I don't expect I'll be buying much since all my extra money is going towards an X1 in November.

3DS (black) - found it for cheap on Craigslist. Not pictured: eShop copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening that I system transferred to my XL.

aRuIRE1.jpg
Razer Blackwidow Tenkeyless - $40 shipped from Microsoft. I don't like the clicky switches as much as the silent blacks on my old keyboard (Steelseries 6Gv2), but getting rid of the numpad more than doubled the space for my mouse.

Some games - finished my physical set of Ace Attorney localized games and picked up Nocturne from Amazon Warehouse; SoulSilver and Strange Journey were <$10 from Best Buy, and Pandora's Tower was $14 at GameStop.

Catherine CE

Tales of Xillia CE + LE

Digital pickups - Skullgirls, Journey, and Tokyo Jungle from the PAX PSN sale, and Skullgirls and Divekick on Steam.

gallery_226059_8054_5538.jpg

My dad found this in one of his vacated rental houses and gave it to me. It's really dirty inside and I'm not really sure why Atari made the case so big since there's not really sure why Atari made the case so big since the board is so tiny, but whatevs. 

I saw these at a local comic shop and couldn't walk out of there without these. $150 total. A bit much but in the end worth it as I can stage practice battle for the new Smash game. haha.

Mega Man vs. Link on the Pikmin stage ^_^

Flea Market finds

Pacman 2 has a lenticular cover.  I haven't seen that before.

Also got Wii Music for $2 (not worth taking a picture)

Second to last physical PSP game to be released?

Duck Tales was full price. The Master System light gun was $5. The rest of the video games were $2.50 from a local store. The SNES game is Darius Twin. Bananagrams was $15.

Both are complete, except Leaf Green was missing the adapter. I originally had Emerald but I found out it was a fake so I returned it. =( They were $40 each but used credit.

I picked up  a box at release. I was one of the lucky ones who got no duplicates and I got a shiny Eevee. The only thing that sucked was that I got two preorders and both were the black Kyurem. Everyone I know around me got the black one as well. Each region must have only gotten one type? Anyway if you have a white one and want to trade for a black PM me.

These past few weeks I have been finding cheap Nintendo Powers frequently. They range from the first year to the Pokemon era GB/N64 issues. Only a couple of issues have something missing. Unfortunately I have not come across the first issue yet besides the one my Uncle threw away a few years ago. D=

There is over 60 issues here with some Nintendo Strategy guides tossed in too. There is a complete run of '91-'94. I got these in a trade.

Also picked these up for a $10.

So after these few pick ups I figure I might as well go for a complete set.  I am debating on whether taking the cards out of the stack of dups I have to try to get a complete set of the trading cards.

Twisted metal and PSABR were $24.98 shipped on amazon. So $12.49 a piece new.

And MGS HD was a trade on here. I got two copies of batman Arkham city from amazon on accident.  Now I can keep my MGS HD LE sealed.

Latest pickup! Got this BluRay from GoHastings and came in perfectly with everything! Also got a ton of new manga in as well :D

Bought these in August, but didn't get them until September.  Pandora's Tower and the GC memory card were from Amazon using the $5 off $25 deal (free memory card in this case), and the rest were from the Best Buy B2G2 pre-owned sale.  Most of them came complete as well (more importantly the two that I'm keeping).

I also picked up Walking Dead Season 3, though I forgot to put that in the bunch.

9679092249_8bf2e39b1f_z.jpg

Picked up the first season of Lost on Blu-ray for $5 at goodwill in 9.5/10 good condition.

iFWfZmG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
20130906_212203-1.jpg

Got these from FYE.com. I find it amusing that they shipped from SecondSpin.

20130906_210929-1.jpg

20130906_211030-1.jpg

20130906_211059-1.jpg

Got these using TRU's Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off sale:

20130906_212253-1.jpg

20130906_212325-1.jpg

20130906_212405-1.jpg

Picked these prints up for $15 a pop.  Just framed them today.

The games in the bottom row were all CL finds for $5 a pop (TWEWY's sealed).  The 2 Dreamcast games were $2 each from a pawn shop.  America's Test Kitchen's from Gamestop.

Picked up 

One Best Buy

:ps3:  DMC: Devil May Cry $20  Manager markdown 

Another Bestbuy from the 50% off rack

:ps3: Dual shock 3 (silver) $22.50

:ps3: move shoot attachment $1.50

Bought an Eclipse Stick controller for $10 today for my Goodwill Sega Saturn from awhile back. Everything seems to work just fine!

20130909_231514-1.jpg

Also got 10 empty 3-disc Blu-ray cases to condense some of my stuff. I just wish I could find the 12mm 4-disc cases Disney has been using lately.

well got decent items today, most notably,

snow miku 2013 and sakura miku nendo from jp.  totally forgot about sakura miku but fortunately still cheap.

rest, blah.

IMAG0566.jpg

I bought 23 items in a local auction 2 days ago and just picked them up today. I paid about $250 after fees.

-Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X joystick for PC and PS3.    -$8.00

-Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter for PC and PS3.   -$17.00

-Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter for PC and PS3.   -$21.00

-Thrustmaster Universal Challenge racing wheel for $6.00

PS3/PS2/PC/Gamecube/Wii

-PowerA Fus1on Tournament controller for PS3. $13.13

-DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle, PS3 PlayStation network, spin, scratch & sing $3.00

to make the party.

-DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle, PS3 PlayStation network, spin, scratch & sing $3.00

to make the party.

to make the party.

-DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle, turntable controller and game for Xbox 360, $3.00

spin, scratch & sing to make the party, by ActiVision, model NTSC.

-Rock Band 3, Fender Mustang Pro-Guitar controller for Xbox 360, all new $18.18

pro mode compatible guitar.

-Rock Band 3, Fender Mustang Pro-Guitar controller for Xbox 360, all new $19.00

pro mode compatible guitar.

-Cyborg wireless stick for Xbox 360, model 47325, by Mad Catz. -$12.00

-DJ Hero turntable kit by PlayStation network for PS3, start the party, $3.00

scratch and mix the hottest hits

-PDP Performance Designed Products charging stand for Wii controller, $3.00

Disney, Epic Mickey.

-Hori Fighting Stick VX, license for Xbox 360. -$14.04

-ActiVision Xbox 360 Tony Hawk "Ride" game and wireless skateboard $6.00

controller.

-(3) Keyvan Electronic model X804675-003, for Xbox 350 hard drive. -$20.02

-Aver Media Game Capture HD for PS3/Xbox 360/Wii, untested. -$21.00

-2 piece lot of PlayStation portable traveler cases. -$2.00

-2 piece lot of PlayStation portable traveler cases, (1) is a soft carrying $2.00

case.

-SNK NeoGeox fight stick, untested. -$5.00

Won an Engadget Giveaway! Ive only opened the USB adapter (plan on putting the other 2 on Ebay) and sadly I think its DOA! I installed the driver and my laptop and PC dont even notice anythings plugged in no matter which port I try. I did the uninstalled, reboot, reinstall, reboot a few times. I figured the only thing worth trying was contacting Amped Wireless so Im gonna wait for a response.....

Edit- They will replace it! The guy knew what giveaway I was talking about.

OH is it my turn again?! I spent alot today! 

$500 of Amazon Giftcards- $400 at QuickTrip, they have Amazon and Itunes $25 GCs for $20 apiece (thanks SlickDeals!)

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D- complete, $9 @ Goodwill

Ninja Gaiden- complete, $3 @ GW

Splinter Cell Blacklist!- complete, $20 @ GW. Looks like a Target return and the discs have a few scratches. Nothing our buffer at work cant fix. 

20130913_191953-1.jpg

20130913_192104-1.jpg

20130913_192431-1.jpg

20130913_192523-1.jpg

Got Fairy Tail for $20 at FYE. Got the rest at MovieStop. Used the B2G1 Free on all anime to get Battle Girls and Bleach free.

How is the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 art book? I already have pretty much everything that's on there, so the art book is the biggest reason I wanted to get it, but it looks a bit scrawny..

Zaku77 shows off his art book a little bit in his video. I hear only the first batch comes with the book so mines still sealed as I ponder selling it. It was the last one Target had. I read about people complaining about how its not much of a limited edition but its the same price as the normal version so its not that big of a deal.

All from FYE.com's 30% off sale:

20130916_182059-1.jpg

20130916_182327-1.jpg

20130916_182307-1.jpg

20130916_182152-1.jpg

The FYE stickers ruined my YuYu slipcover, but the product itself is still factory-sealed.

How is the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 art book? I already have pretty much everything that's on there, so the art book is the biggest reason I wanted to get it, but it looks a bit scrawny..
The artbook is really quite small and rather shit because of its brevity. The artbook is also the case, so it's a nice little digipack. Even if you happen to have the Japanese Final Mix, you don't have it in English, and these are the HD remasters of the games. I'd say buy it for sure if you plan to re-play them (or experience Final Mix for the first time). But if you don't plan to play them, then it just comes down to how much of a collector you fancy yourself. lol

$44 from Amazons Shave And Save promotion. Plan was take Madden 25, Killzone Trilogy, and Ratchet And Clank Collection to Walmart and do the No Receipt Return and end up makin a little and getting the razor blades for free......didnt go so well. Online says you can get an even exchange or a giftcard for sealed items. Manager says they cant do Madden without a receipt cus its over $50 and they cant do Killzone Trilogy cus it wasnt in the system!  :censored:  Ended up just getting a $21.53 GC for RACC. Basically I got my Sears Shop Your Way Rewards points back I used. 

Oh yeah, got Bioshock Infinite/Borderlands2/ Mafia 2 on PC for like $23 from Gamefly

$44 from Amazons Shave And Save promotion. Plan was take Madden 25, Killzone Trilogy, and Ratchet And Clank Collection to Walmart and do the No Receipt Return and end up makin a little and getting the razor blades for free......didnt go so well. Online says you can get an even exchange or a giftcard for sealed items. Manager says they cant do Madden without a receipt cus its over $50 and they cant do Killzone Trilogy cus it wasnt in the system! :censored: Ended up just getting a $21.53 GC for RACC. Basically I got my Sears Shop Your Way Rewards points back I used.

Oh yeah, got Bioshock Infinite/Borderlands2/ Mafia 2 on PC for like $23 from Gamefly
I tried returning a copy of Madden today as well (NOT from that promo) without a receipt and was told I couldn't return it without receipt for store credit and they quoted some '"15 day policy" that I've never heard of because I've returned plenty of stuff without receipt to Walmart (video games included). Did talk them into allowing me to exchange it for a game of equal value though but the electronics department was far too busy to walk me up front with a game so planning to go back again tomorrow and hope for better luck.

I didn't want them to give me $$...I just wanted the store credit for the game.

bread's done
Back