Photo
* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10878 replies to this topic

#10861 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Back when Drive came to theaters, The Lion King had a small rerun in theaters as well. My wife and I wanted to see Lion King, so we figured that if we go to an early morning show, it wouldn't be very crowded. We were wrong, there were kids everywhere.

So we're waiting for the movie to start, and this guy comes in and plops down next to me and starts looking around the theater. My first thought was what kind of 40 something year old dude goes to a kid's movie by himself? Here was the conversation between him and I as he started awkwardly talking to me:

Dude - This is Drive, right?
Me - Haha, yeah. Can you believe all the kids?
Dude - I know I heard it was a pretty violent movie.
Me - Oh wait. Are you serious? I thought you were joking. No, this is The Lion King.
Dude doesn't say anything else. He just stands up and leave the theater.

Maybe it was a double feature?

MattNY.png

#10862 rpg

rpg

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Speaking of trophies...51 plats for me in 2013! Woo! Look how big my cyber Johnson is!

are u my evil twin? have 51 plats in 2013 and im playing borecraft :-k

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#10863 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Got Lego Marvel for the kid for Xmas and that shit is really fun. I even earn trophies once in a while without going out of my way.

#winwin

#10864 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

I hate shitty trophy implementation, which a lot of games get wrong sadly. I'm not beating X game X number of times on each difficulty just to unlock a respective trophy, Fuck outta here. At least GoW got that right on 360

Most games since 2007 have implemented that if you beat a game on the hardest difficulty you get the other trophies for easier difficulties as well. So in most cases you only have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty and your done with the "difficulty" trophies.

512847.png

#10865 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I still wonder how anyone has time to play 51 different games in a year, and to completion at that. That's like one a week.  I'd be lucky to finish (not complete) one a month. Like this year, I finished two games  period (Brothers, Bioshock Infinite), three if you count The Walking Dead season 1 (that I started in 2012). I just seem to not have the time/drive/energy much anymore. But I'm still way excited by gaming conversations, even if I can only be an ancillary participant.

Posted Image

#10866 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

are u my evil twin? have 51 plats in 2013 and im playing borecraft :-k

Trying to squeeze Borecraft in for 52!

I still wonder how anyone has time to play 51 different games in a year, and to completion at that. That's like one a week.  I'd be lucky to finish (not complete) one a month. Like this year, I finished two games  period (Brothers, Bioshock Infinite), three if you count The Walking Dead season 1 (that I started in 2012). I just seem to not have the time/drive/energy much anymore. But I'm still way excited by gaming conversations, even if I can only be an ancillary participant.

I had a sweet run in August/September where I got something like 5 plats in a week. That was cool. Breakfuss would be pissed though because he's so anti-trophy.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#10867 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

One platinum, and that's from a game I had previously beaten. (Sly Cooper HD).

Not sure how the level system for trophies work though. Seems like I've been stuck at  Level 12 forever.

Put me down in the one game a month crowd. That's if i'm lucky.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#10868 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

I had the wife and kid gone an entire Saturday, which I used to start & plat God of War Chains of Olympus. It's oddly satisfying to plat a game in less than 24 hours. Though I was bummed that no one was around to give me high fives and chest bumps when it popped.

#10869 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's mostly an energy issue for me. I have time after I get home from work everyday, but most of the time I just collapse on the couch.
I'm guessing all this, time to rest and time to play games goes away when I have a kid.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#10870 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

That feels like me most of the time, though I have completed a few more games than you this year. I sample a lot of games thanks to the GS thread, but I don't finish most of them. I only get 5-10 hours a week to game and most of it goes to Madden/NCAA football.

MattNY.png

#10871 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Lets watch the Minecraft name calling in here guys. Show some god damn respect!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#10872 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Three trophies away from 52. Trying to boost them now because I have no shame.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

#10873 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Lets watch the Minecraft name calling in here guys. Show some god damn respect!

****craft is a dirty word in my house.  My wife is a baker and she recently had an order for a Minecraft cake and hated every second of it.  There were just so many fondant squares to cut out that she just tired of it.  Of course, when she delivered it, several other kids/parents said they wanted her to make a minecraft cake for them too.  She darn near pulled her hair out.  We'll see how many orders she accepts. ;)

Posted Image

#10874 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Pack up your bags, we'll be moving to a new thread in a bit. Do not post in there until I give the all clear.

http://www.cheapassg...season-pass-15/

Edit: So much for that idea.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#10875 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Pack up your bags, we'll be moving to a new thread in a bit.

You can't make me.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

#10876 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Someone had to post....lol

#10877 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Frisky's new thread is fragmented by Blabadon already :error:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#10878 rpg

rpg

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Someone had to post....lol

photo-324126.jpg?_r=1370622131 :shame:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#10879 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Now the new thread is ready to go, so go ahead and do your stuff over there.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki