Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

GameStopTIV Trade Trade-in Value credit database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4980 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

New Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ward-pre-owned/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra in-store credit, traded towards pre-owned products (Ends 11/3/13)

Spoiler

New Games for $9.99 after trade of 2 eligible games (Ends Unknown)

Spoiler

30% extra credit on games, electronics & accessories trades towards select items. (Ends 12/29/13)

Spoiler

$30 guaranteed trade-in value on select items. (Ends 10/24/13) *THIS IS A PROMO SO NO EXTRA ON TOP*

Spoiler

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!

Spoiler

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
Spoiler

Can I trade-in sealed games?
Spoiler

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
Spoiler

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
Spoiler

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on games?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
Spoiler

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
Spoiler

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Spoiler

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
Spoiler

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Spoiler

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Spoiler

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
Spoiler

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
Spoiler

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
Spoiler

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
Spoiler

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
Spoiler

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
Spoiler

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
Spoiler

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Spoiler

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Spoiler

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
Spoiler

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
Spoiler

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
Spoiler

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Spoiler

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JP, 28 October 2013 - 08:12 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Xbox 360 Hardware

Spoiler

Xbox 360 Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 28 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#3 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Nintendo Wii U Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo Wii U Games
Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Hardware
Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 28 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

all-banner.jpg

#4 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Nintendo 3DS Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo 3DS Games
Spoiler

Nintendo DS Hardware
Spoiler

Nintendo DS Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 27 October 2013 - 03:04 AM.

all-banner.jpg

#5 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Playstation 3 Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation 3 Games
Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Hardware *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Games *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 28 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#6 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Playstation Vita Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation Vita Games
Spoiler

Sony PSP Hardware
Spoiler

Sony PSP Games
Spoiler

Ooya

System - $30 (9/4/13)

Controller - $20 (9/4/13)

Apple
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Android Tablets
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Edited by JP, 27 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

all-banner.jpg

#7 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Post for expansion.

all-banner.jpg

#8 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Last was Xcode.

Stupid mobile. Last thread was xxi.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#9 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I was trying to figure out what XCode meant. Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out. I was doing a quick and dirty copy.

all-banner.jpg

#10 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well at least the old thread went out with a bang, or a kick to the face as the case was.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#11 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

I was trying to figure out what XCode meant. Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out. I was doing a quick and dirty copy.

Is the second link in your sig pointing to the right place?

#12 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thanks JP for the new thread.

9/4/13.

:ps3:
The Last of Us - $22

:wiiu:
New Super Mario Bros. U - $20

#13 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Is the second link in your sig pointing to the right place?

It wasn't, it is now. For the longest time I couldn't access my blogs as I got an access denied error. Never went back to adjust it after the fact. That post is pretty much useless at this point as the database isn't up and the information will have to be completely re-written for the new procedures.

all-banner.jpg

#14 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I also have no idea what it means.

Is there a reason for keeping PS2? It's not like GS will accept it in the future. It's all done.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#15 Cactuar777

Cactuar777

Cubs Faithful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

C'mon UFC 3 and Alice! Hold your TIV just a bit longer!

#16 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

PS3:

Madden 25 : $26

Saints Row IV: $23

I used the playcation coupon with my PUR and got $78.40 total.

I got these during the B2G1 free this past weekend with Pikmin 3.  I used trade-in credit, and all 3 cost me $98..... so I got Pikmin 3 for about $20.  Not bad.

#17 jtfox21

jtfox21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

So its 30% above the list price right meow?

#18 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh crap, my two Army of Two's from Best Buy are apparently coming in Monday.. which is a day after the supposed trade 2 for 50 ends or when the list is updated. Hoping that they come before the estimated delivery date.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#19 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Updated lists.

all-banner.jpg

#20 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Is there a difference between the two survey options on tellgamestop.com

The "To continue in english" option and "To bypass the survey and report a good or bad experience at a GameStop Store" option

First one you enter employee number, and second one it just asks for employee name.

What I really want to know is if the second option still benefits the employee.

I want the employees to benefit but the second option makes it so much quicker :(

#21 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

9/4

Sony Blu-Ray remote: $4

644690.png

#22 Tebunker

Tebunker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Pretty sure Madden 25 still has the guaranteed TIV of $30 until 9/26. Yup just confirmed on their site.

#23 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

A new thread smell already? But the LAST one was only a few weeks old I thought.

#24 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Oh crap, my two Army of Two's from Best Buy are apparently coming in Monday.. which is a day after the supposed trade 2 for 50 ends or when the list is updated. Hoping that they come before the estimated delivery date.

Ends on the 26th or so, besides a list update you will be fine.

#25 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Pretty sure Madden 25 still has the guaranteed TIV of $30 until 9/26. Yup just confirmed on their site.

Yeah but if a promo bumps it over $30 then you get that. If you trade it without any type of promo then the register bumps it up to $30. It still has a base TIV below $30.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#26 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

4G Xbox 360 S - $75
HDMI Cord - $1.50

PS3
GOW Ascension - $10

Dariel16.png

#27 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

I was trying to trade in an iPad 4th gen 64gb but the guy quoted me 290 about 100 short of the like new etv online for a like new he said he doesn't t take into account the condition so I was wondering if any of you had tried to trade in an iPad where the In store trade values different ?

#28 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

I was trying to trade in an iPad 4th gen 64gb but the guy quoted me 290 about 100 short of the like new etv online for a like new he said he doesn't t take into account the condition so I was wondering if any of you had tried to trade in an iPad where the In store trade values different ?

That's bullcrap. They take condition into account, and there's no variance between stores. Some store managers refuse to take anything as "like new" and require line employees to downgrade everything to "good," but that's a separate problem.

What I don't get is how he got the $290 figure. An iPad 4/16GB is $290 with the lightening cable like new. iPad 3/64GB is $292 good. Nothing close to $290 for an iPad 4/64GB, though. Did he plug the serial number into his system? The serial number tells the computer the make/model and it would have given a quote in line with the website.

#29 Miken

Miken

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

That's bullcrap. They take condition into account, and there's no variance between stores. Some store managers refuse to take anything as "like new" and require line employees to downgrade everything to "good," but that's a separate problem.

What I don't get is how he got the $290 figure. An iPad 4/16GB is $290 with the lightening cable like new. iPad 3/64GB is $292 good. Nothing close to $290 for an iPad 4/64GB, though. Did he plug the serial number into his system? The serial number tells the computer the make/model and it would have given a quote in line with the website.

Yeah many stores are full of crap lol.  Just the other week I was clowning around at this other gamestop and gave them my brand new phone asking them what their rate would be, and they gave me the "good" price as well.  Then I called em out on it showing em I had just bought it the day before and they really couldn't say much.  Told my bud at my regular gamestop and we both got a laugh while I traded in my old phone for "like new" price.

So yeah like many on this thread stated in the past, you got to be careful with employees at gamestop cause some unfortunately won't hesitate to screw you over.

Always looking for mycokerewards points.

#30 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

thanks for the reply's i just got back from another store and the base they gave me was $400 for like new $10 dollars more than stated online ended up with $600 in store credit with the playcation coupon thats what it cost me minus the taxes  

this was for a 64 GB IPad 4th gen if any one was wondering 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GameStopTIV, Trade, Trade-in Value, credit, database