Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#31 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Ugh, I was looking forward to this announcement but since they aren't bundling digital copies of the game with them I see no reason to get one.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#32 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Wow, lots of name calling here instead of rationale as to why people feel this should be posted in the deals thread.  And "one post isn't going to hurt anybody" is not a rational answer.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#33 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

They DO NOT include the games. And I doubt these will be as limited like the Pikachu ones.

Every 3DS that came out limited actually was limited. Why wouldn't this one be?

#34 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Total number of "deals" posted by Echocentricity: zero.

Pot, meet kettle. :dunce:

When have I complained, I never have said anything negative about anything ever posted. That was my point, I know I haven't contributed that much yet. Lol I guess it was you who I was referring to.

#35 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Wow, lots of name calling here instead of rationale as to why people feel this should be posted in the deals thread.  And "one post isn't going to hurt anybody" is not a rational answer.

Why shouldn't it be? Does something have to be less then MSRP to be in the deals section? Some of us on CAG hunt for certain items and are well aware when something that is going to be in high demand is about to drop. Others are just casual about gaming and collecting and would have no idea what is on the horizon.

Every year there are hundreds of items that I would love to be able to buy at MSRP... again. This site gets very little traffic (comparatively speaking) even more so since the redesign. If you're too lazy to navigate off the front page or get overwhelmed because there are 8 new threads in the deal section instead of 4 then you really should learn how to navigate the internetz better.

Threads like these don't clutter CAG but bitch posts clutter threads like these.

#36 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't mind hearing things like this from CAG, I also notice that there's a bunch of little bitches here though.
They complain about shit and they don't contribute.

It's pretty annoying but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with them. Haha.

When have I complained, I never have said anything negative about anything ever posted. That was my point, I know I haven't contributed that much yet. Lol I guess it was you who I was referring to.

Seriously? Read what you write before you post dude.

#37 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just because someone doesn't think it's a deal doesn't mean nobody does. There are the usual suspects who just can't grasp that.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#38 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Seriously? Read what you write before you post dude.

Sorry I was referring to the ones that complain all the time.  :wall:

My apologies, chimpmeister.

#39 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Look, I'm going to leave this up because the limited edition 3DSes have sold out pretty quickly.  Some people may not think this is a deal, and that's their prerogative.  I don't really think this is the thread to debate what should and shouldn't go in the Video Game Deals board, though.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#40 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Every 3DS that came out limited actually was limited. Why wouldn't this one be?

I didn't say it wouldn't be limited. I'm saying it won't be as limited as the pikachu ones.

~I'm kinda glad I stopped frequenting this site. It certainly hasn't improved over the last few years. Take the comments in this thread as well as the Rumble U threads as example.
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everyone else's stinks"

#41 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Am I the only one unable to add it to the cart?

#42 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Alright then. I guess if it doesn't belong here, please move it mods.

I see tons of things in this section at MSRP though, so I don't know what to think anymore.

Well "deal" is a bit of a conceptual thing that varies from person to person. 

So tempted to grab one, but I really wish they bundled a copy of X or Y with it!

Anyway, I'm guessing these will be easier to find than that Pikachu edition.

I suspect they will have the same edition size, but won't be as difficult to obtain. 

Sigh....I don't mind interesting things being posted even if it isn't a "deal"....like the 12 GB PS3.

I usually don't either, but sometimes they get stupid. Like the Eevee 3DSLL topic. 

Eh...

I saw what you were saying about the front page being mostly discussion. One thing I would say is a year ago and earlier there were a lot more "X Game for Y Price" threads. If I came on the board every day I'd be tempted to buy one game a day.

Now, you don't see those a lot. I don't know why. If the deals don't exist, or people aren't posting them? I don't think it is because of the "discussion" threads though.

Recently we've seen a rise in "super threads", which generally prevent additional threads. So while a lot of YMMV deals would be posted,... a lot of them get moved elsewhere. We've also seen the mods remove some threads on no no topics. Like I believe Tomb Raider for free was removed twice and all the Xenoblade threads were removed. 

Don't understand the absurd outrage over this being posted. Potentially collectable LE. On top of that, the title says what the topic is about so it's not like you were fooled into the topic. Some people in this community are so vocal over the stupidest things. I expect comments about board space and bandwith next so I hope I'm not disappointed.

The best is how it only appears in items they dislike. I know Persona 4 the Golden Solid Gold edition had a huge thread, which didn't have people complaining about this sort of thing. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#43 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

i like these threads because without them i wouldn't even know about this. my friend is in the market for a 3ds for pokemon and i told him about it.

do you like conga's? do you like lines? do you like free iphones/cash?! join the iphone canga line!

http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11235053

#44 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Am I the only one unable to add it to the cart?

I ordered one with no issue.

#45 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Does something have to be less then MSRP to be in the deals section? 

Yes.  Hence the term "deal".  If you want to speculate about price variance go play the stock market.  You'll make a lot more money then you will buying and selling video games.

Also, still with the petty insults.

Ideally there should be a way to hide threads that you don't want to view.  Wish that was a new feature of CAG 3.0.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#46 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

In for one of each!

430928.png

#47 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

I ordered one with no issue.

Seems to be removed from the site. Clicking on the banner takes you to games and not the system anymore.

#48 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I believe these are the similar to the ones Japan are getting. Except I don't think they have the red one. I was personally hoping for something like a charizard or something. Oh well. Might wait a little longer on a 3DS now since I don't have one I for sure like. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Posted Image

#49 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

If the site doesn't work try going to your local GameStop. I need to do that tomorrow.

Posted Image

#50 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thank for the heads up OP, I'm actually looking to buy a 3DS XL for my son so that he could play the upcoming Pokemon game. For the same price might as well get one with Pokemon theme on it.

To me this is a deal because of how limited this will be for sure. People are just bitching because it's not a deal that you can flip. I have notice lately that this site is full of kids now who would flip games just to make a buck.

Dariel16.png

#51 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Perhaps it wasn't posted here in the Video Game Deals section because it is not a Video Game Deal.

you don't belong in the video game deals section

#52 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

So confused why they wouldnt push the date back a couple weeks and bundle it with the game. >< Wonder why they didnt bring the gold one over. bleh

why bundle the game when they can get your money twice?

#53 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

^ Yeah and don't be fooled---even if this did come with a copy of the game it would most likely be pre-installed and would be $219+.

Keeping it at $199.99 is better for those that A) Aren't interested in buying the game (right away) B) Want a physical copy of the game

#54 zyk

zyk

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

This is Pokemon we're talking about, they know they never need to make some bundle, it will sell regardless.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: Super Smash Bros.

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#55 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Lol I really wonder if someone would buy this 3DS & not get pokemon x or y.

#56 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes.  Hence the term "deal".  If you want to speculate about price variance go play the stock market.  You'll make a lot more money then you will buying and selling video games.

Deal - "Informal A sale favorable especially to the buyer; a bargain."

We all define a deal differently, but a deal does not explicitly mean a sale. Similar to how people were saying Xenoblade was a "deal", but annoying because they suspected a reprint. This is really no different. 

why bundle the game when they can get your money twice?

Standard version $200

Bundled version $220

So it really only costs you $20 dollars more, but you get a retail version / don't get restricted with version (I assume blue would be Y and red would be X, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't rather have 1 color and the other game) / can get a "deal" like newegg. 

Lol I really wonder if someone would buy this 3DS & not get pokemon x or y.

I own the Pikachu one and will not be getting X or Y unless they drop to $20 new. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#57 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fuck you guys, preordered the blue one. If you don't want it, just leave the damn thread alone lmao.

#58 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Just curious.  Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart?  I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.

#59 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Perhaps it wasn't posted here in the Video Game Deals section because it is not a Video Game Deal.

Thank God we have a member of all of two weeks to show us all the err of our ways. I'm sure we shall all renounce our evil posting practices and repent in the fire of the CAG forum rules. Hallelujah! 

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#60 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Just curious.  Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart?  I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.

I don't think it's a Gamestop exclusive, so it should be available at all major retailers aside from Amazon.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home