Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#61 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just curious.  Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart?  I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.

They should, though I recall the Pikachu one never coming to BestBuy. Don't recall about Animal Crossing, but I recall them having that, so it's anyones guess. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#62 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

It would be nice if you could get exclusive X & Y content for buying just these systems.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#63 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

They should, though I recall the Pikachu one never coming to BestBuy. Don't recall about Animal Crossing, but I recall them having that, so it's anyones guess. 

bestbuy is toss up, i might or might now. they had the animal crossing 3ds xl, but not the pikachu, but this one should be available at all major retailers.

#64 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  BB is a bit in and out and it also gives me an idea about how many will be out there if it's open to most retailers.  I was very lucky to find the Pikachu one in store after Target canceled my preorder the day after it was put up on the site.

#65 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Can I pre-order these in store.

#66 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can I pre-order these in store.

You should be able to.  I was able to preorder the Wind Waker WiiU the day it was announced in store.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#67 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

have stores started taking preorders yet?  I'm heading out tomorrow, but if preorders started I might head out today.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#68 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Just left GS and it's not available for preorder in store yet.

Dariel16.png

#69 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Just left GS and it's not available for preorder in store yet.

yeah, same here. they told me to come back tomorrow to check.

#70 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

I hope Best Buy gets it as I have a $130 gift card to burn through...

#71 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

is this another gs exclusive or will everyone get it?

#72 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm thinking about getting the blue one (getting X and blue is darker) but red is my favorite color. I just don't want the 3DS to be bright red.

#73 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Lmao I love how the complainers are giving this topic legs by COMPLAINING. So ironic...

#74 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

There's a PS4 thread, an Xbox thread, A Wii U special edition thread...if you don't like it don't open the thread. Or maybe go cry to Cheapy who I'm sure will be happy to remove threads like this and just throw away a bunch of money he could have had.

#75 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'd have bought these if they weren't so similar to the 2-tone standard red and blue xls. I think I'm more relieved(that I don't feel compelled to buy one) than disappointed, why disappointed you ask? Because Nintendo has several Japan-only Pokemon xl models already(charizard, eevee, gold/black ) that are much sharper and special looking.

It's nice they're doing something though.

#76 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

There's a PS4 thread, an Xbox thread, A Wii U special edition thread...if you don't like it don't open the thread. Or maybe go cry to Cheapy who I'm sure will be happy to remove threads like this and just throw away a bunch of money he could have had.

You and others are missing the point.  Not opening the thread doesn't solve anything since it's still on the front page of the deals.

And you're right, all those threads exist, and none of them are really deals.  I'm sure one of the main reason's they're allowed to exist is because they make money for the website via referrals.  But if we're going by that logic, why not make a new thread for every new game that is released so that CAG can get as much referral money as possible?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#77 ccval

ccval

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Available on newegg too.  No tax for certain states:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868100143

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868100144

#78 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Tempting ... i waits for it on clearance , lol

"Evil is Funs"

#79 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Eh, 200$ and no game. Not sure if want, especially since I only paid 160$ for my Pikachu XL.

I was hyped for this announcement, but now im considering passing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#80 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

avoid newegg at all cost, people recently had a lot of preorder items cancelled from newegg .

#81 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Tempting ... i waits for it on clearance , lol

Yeah. That will happen.

#82 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

avoid newegg at all cost, people recently had a lot of preorder items cancelled from newegg .

what seriously? I just sent an email to gamestop to cancel my preorder since the site wouldn't do it because I saved $20 from newegg. :( what should i do? make ANOTHER order from gamestop? I wish amazon and nintendo would just make up so I could avoid all of this crap

:ps3: Puppeteer 

[PS4] Knack & Killzone single player(gotta finish dat fall semester before I go all in on mah ps4)
:pc: Skyrim & New Vegas goodness <3
:wii: Smash Bros Brawl Project M
:360: Halo 4 (indefinite hold)
:psp: Tearaway & Killzone

#83 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm not getting the option to pre-order either of them on Newegg.  Am I missing something, or are they really done taking orders?

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#84 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

^ Balls. I had the one I wanted in my cart at Newegg and for some reason I thought I checked out but apparently I didn't and like you said now they've pulled the listing.

#85 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Id never order from Newegg again, I preordered the Wii U Pro Controller and despite the Wii U launching, they didnt ship any until 2013, over a month and a half later. I cancelled immediately and just paid the extra cash to get it at the store.

#86 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

&amp;nbsp;

what seriously? I just sent an email to gamestop to cancel my preorder since the site wouldn't do it because I saved $20 from newegg. :( what should i do? make ANOTHER order from gamestop? I wish amazon and nintendo would just make up so I could avoid all of this crap

i did preorder at gamestop as a backup, also be on the lookout for sites like target, walmart, bestbuy, as they might be other potential retailers to carry this.

#87 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

my pre order at newegg is pending. it says once my item has arrived the status will update. thats a good thing, right? D:

:ps3: Puppeteer 

[PS4] Knack & Killzone single player(gotta finish dat fall semester before I go all in on mah ps4)
:pc: Skyrim & New Vegas goodness <3
:wii: Smash Bros Brawl Project M
:360: Halo 4 (indefinite hold)
:psp: Tearaway & Killzone

#88 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

&amp;amp;nbsp;

my pre order at newegg is pending. it says once my item has arrived the status will update. thats a good thing, right? D:

nope, newegg is known to cancel orders at the last minute,due to issues such as insufficient inventory. LOL
aka we basically did not get any from the beginning from nintendo, but we will charge your credit card anyway in the mean time..

#89 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Formely Moose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Wake me up when it is the Disney Xl. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

Congrats on the booty 

#90 panzerjedi

panzerjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

So tempted to pre-order a blue Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL, but I already have the Pikachu one...