Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for Xbox One, $43.41 shipped @ GoHastings.com

AC4 Black Flag Assassins Creed GoHastings

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

** NOT  RELEASE  DAY  DELIVERY **

GoHastings.com has Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag up for pre-order for Xbox One here.  Price is $39.99 plus shipping.

Shipping is $3.42 via Standard Mail or $9.42 via Expedited Mail.  Worth noting that the game will not ship until release day, meaning it is probable that the game would not arrive until the week following Thanksgiving.

The game is not available in-store at the $39.99 price, but a $5.00 reserve can be made nonetheless (at the $59.99 price point).  Also worth noting that the other versions of the game are marked at their regular $59.99 price.

This may be a pricing glitch.  If it is a glitch, I must say that I personally have zero experience in how GoHastings handles things going forward.

CAG member "kodave" has a post here about GoHastings, which includes FAQs about the company.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#2 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Do they charge now, or when they ship?
Posted Image

#3 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

For me in Seattle, there's tax, too. So it's a little shy of $50... I guess it's a deal, but I'll hold. Thanks OP!

www.bighugenerd.com

#4 io

io

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Awesome, thanks!  My son wanted this after seeing the video presentation at PAX and I told him I'd be waiting till it was cheaper as all AC games drop pretty quick.  I really wanted it for less (like $20-$30) but $43.41 for near-release isn't too bad.  I might even put it away for Christmas for him.  I figure the X1 comes out too close to Black Friday for there to be a great BF deal for this game (I think that's how I got AC III pretty cheap last year).

Now we'll just have to see if they honor this.  But if not, no big deal - it's not like it was $15 or something.

#5 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

I wasnt even going to bother with another Assassin's Creed game, but with the lack of any good games coming out this year for Xbone and the cheap price I guess they got me again.

#6 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Do they charge now, or when they ship?

Authorization Process (link)
When your order is placed, goHastings.com authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order amount until the order is shipped. You will not be charged for items that do not ship.

(personal note: this sounds just like how Best Buy does it.)

And from this post by "kodave" in the GoHastings thread....

Standard Shipping:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 3-10 Days

Priority / Expedited Mail:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 2 - 3 Days

GoHastings.Com primarily ships items using the United States Postal Service (USPS). Video games ship via USPS First Class Mail.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#7 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I think this is a pricing error..... Meh, it'll be $20 by the end of the year

#8 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Damn, I already have 9 games pre-ordered for launch but this was one I was on the fence with, in regards to buying right away at launch, and my son is a big fan of AC so I went ahead and ordered it. I suspect sales are going to be pretty rare for games in the first couple months so this is probably the best price were going to see for awhile. I am now spending just as much in games as I am the console itself. Oh well, thats the price you pay for being an early adopter. 

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#9 Dijital

Dijital

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Unfortunately I see them cancelling this as I'm sure it's a pricing mistake on their part :(

Posted Image

#10 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

must be a price mistake, do they usually cancel?

I hope gohastings didn't raise their shipping prices for all games..

#11 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

Awesome, thanks!  My son wanted this after seeing the video presentation at PAX and I told him I'd be waiting till it was cheaper as all AC games drop pretty quick.  I really wanted it for less (like $20-$30) but $43.41 for near-release isn't too bad.  I might even put it away for Christmas for him.  I figure the X1 comes out too close to Black Friday for there to be a great BF deal for this game (I think that's how I got AC III pretty cheap last year).

I don't know, never underestimate the Ubisoft price drop. ACIII was $35 on Black Friday, less than a month after release. I'm expecting a $39.99 price point for ACIV before Christmas, even on the new consoles.

#12 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Ugh, I didn't wanna buy an XBone, but I guess I have to now. Damn this cheapass blood of mine.

#13 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Ugh, I didn't wanna buy an XBone, but I guess I have to now. Damn this cheapass blood of mine

You're crazy. Buy a whole system because you saved $18 on a multiplat game? ;/

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#14 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

I still waits for AC3 drop down $9.99 ;)   AC coming out every year no rush or spend over $19.99 same as call of duty :)

"Evil is Funs"

#15 io

io

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I don't know, never underestimate the Ubisoft price drop. ACIII was $35 on Black Friday, less than a month after release. I'm expecting a $39.99 price point for ACIV before Christmas, even on the new consoles.

Well, that's kind of why I got this.  Yeah, that was a nice price and that's when I got AC III but this comes out so much closer to BF that I really can't see them including the next-gen versions in any BF sale.  They might toss the PS3/360/WiiU ones up for $35 or so.  And even if they do include X1/PS4, it's no big deal.  Sure, I'd rather use my Amazon credit than a credit card at Hastings, but I figure I better jump on this while I can.  I can always cancel later.

#16 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

You're crazy. Buy a whole system because you saved $18 on a multiplat game? ;/

I didn't choose the CAG life; it chose me.

#17 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Got 1 in case I buy an Xbox one

#18 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I picked it up, will be hitting Walmart to exchange for PS4 version since I hear they let you do that without receipt.

Tracidic.png

#19 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I still waits for AC3 drop down $9.99 ;)   AC coming out every year no rush or spend over $19.99 same as call of duty :)

it was $9.99 once or twice at gamefly already!

#20 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

If I recall correctly, I believe they honor their price mistakes.  Didn't they have LA Noire at a wicked crazy low pre-order price?  They sent an email acknowledging the pricing mistake, but said they would honor our purchase at that price anyways.

That said, price for this game will drop at Ubisoft's usual fast rate, especially since they insist on releasing around Black Friday.  Lol.

#21 heatfan1121

heatfan1121

Pikmin 3 is Awesome!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I picked it up, will be hitting Walmart to exchange for PS4 version since I hear they let you do that without receipt.

Return fraud is illegal...  :roll:

Thanks for posting this OP! I picked one up for my X1.

#22 io

io

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Looks like it has been corrected to $59.99 now so we'll see how this goes with those of us who got in.  It seems maybe not that many people jumped on this so perhaps they'll just let it slide.