Nintendo 3DS XL Pokemon X & Y Red Edition now for Pre-Order

The ads aren't clear does it come with the game. It kind of just sounds like its a themed 3dsxl rather than a bundle thats the themede 3dsxl and pokemon x or y

im deciding on whether or not i should preorder from amazon or futureshop... i've had no bad experiences with either, any opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
im deciding on whether or not i should preorder from amazon or futureshop... i've had no bad experiences with either, any opinions?
I have almost stopped using Amazon completely (and I used them a lot). The shipping has become slower and their packaging of products has been terrible the last few months. I've had cases cracked and books destroyed simply because they were just thrown in a box without any packing. I tried Prime but some deliveries still took over a week since UPS delivers when they feel like it.

I'm not a fan of EB games but they have the fastest shipping I have ever seen (and I only select Free). They use Purolator and my packages always arrive on release day (unlike Amazon who took over a week and never shipped Muramasa so I cancelled it).

Futureshop and Best Buy are the same. Packages arrive packed nicely but they take a few days. Lately I have started to take advantage of Best Buys reward zone program. I have received many coupons for $10 and $20 just for pre-ordering games. I walked in recently I bought a $50 PSN card using coupons so it was basically free (and I used it for PS+). Since I buy so much stuff online I get BB to price match and buy it there and it has been good so far.

Returns are easy with Amazon. With Best Buy and Futureshop it's usually hassle free and I believe they have an extended return policy for the Christmas season. EB sucks for returns.

I think no matter where you get it from you'll be good. The fastest would be EB. The slowest would be Amazon (people in eastern Canada seem to fare better). Best Buy has rewards for dollars spent.

As much as I hate to say this.

I would just go with walmart.
Best Buy had damage the cover of my shippiment.

Amazon crumpled mine.

Future Shop has probably the worst customer service online (due to the fault of buggy codding on there website)

EB games is good too, but being so closely related to GameStop and there way of doing busisness... I tend to not like them. (EB games still is better as a gameshop than GameStop USA though)

I do love Target though... it's just they are a bit... hard to reach cause being all new and still settling but I may just shop there for pre order and games when they get there shit together.

Seeing as that this releases on Sept 27th my best guess is thst the game isnt included
This system releases two weeks before the game. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle releases two weeks before its game, and comes with a digital copy of the game. That sets a precedent that Nintendo may include an early digital release of the game with these systems.

That's just a fun fact, though. The truth is, including an early digital release would destroy the whole simultaneous worldwide release that they've been working so hard towards. They want everybody to be able to start playing on the same day, so you're right, the game won't be included.

As stated on the official site...

NOTHING is bundled with the system.

Special Nintendo 3DS Systems Coming Soon!
Look for limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems featuring the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal in stores September 27th!
The excitement for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continues to build with the announcement of two limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems! These systems feature the likenesses of Xerneas and Yveltal, the two Legendary Pokémon that grace the covers of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y game boxes.

The limited-edition Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Nintendo 3DS systems will be available beginning on September 27th. Supplies will be limited, so don’t miss the opportunity to share your excitement for Pokémon with these cool new systems!

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games sold separately.

As stated on the official site...

NOTHING is bundled with the system.

Special Nintendo 3DS Systems Coming Soon!
Look for limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems featuring the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal in stores September 27th!
The excitement for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continues to build with the announcement of two limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems! These systems feature the likenesses of Xerneas and Yveltal, the two Legendary Pokémon that grace the covers of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y game boxes.

The limited-edition Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Nintendo 3DS systems will be available beginning on September 27th. Supplies will be limited, so don’t miss the opportunity to share your excitement for Pokémon with these cool new systems!

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games sold separately.
Oh well. I would have considered picking one up if it was included.

I don't know why the site themselves haven't been updated... but future shops and best buy supply should be done too...

Looks like pre order cancellations will be rolling out the week before D=

On a more cheery note, Eb Games will be stocking 2 of each 3ds in each store for those who miss the pre order... much like the Wind Waker Figurine edition.

On a more cheery note, Eb Games will be stocking 2 of each 3ds in each store for those who miss the pre order... much like the Wind Waker Figurine edition.
Your informant is incorrect about both points of that sentence.

1. Both colours are once again available online.

2. Stores are taking unallocated pre-orders on both colours. That means they may take as many pre-orders as they want, until corporate sends out a nation-wide e-mail stating that the country's supply has been exhausted, at which point all stores will cut off pre-orders simultaneously. Systems will then be divvied up among stores accordingly. It's possible that they won't be sold out, but no extras are promised to any store.

3. (slightly off-topic) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Collector's Edition is extremely limited, and each store has been allocated a small number of them. Once that store sells out, there will not be any extras. Since each store is allocated a number based on their current Wind Waker pre-orders (who are offered first dibs at the CE), and Nintendo sales history, each store will be expected to sell out at around the same time, though YMMV slightly. Going by the information gathered from my city, these will be sold out before the weekend.

3. (slightly off-topic) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Collector's Edition is extremely limited, and each store has been allocated a small number of them. Once that store sells out, there will not be any extras. Since each store is allocated a number based on their current Wind Waker pre-orders (who are offered first dibs at the CE), and Nintendo sales history, each store will be expected to sell out at around the same time, though YMMV slightly. Going by the information gathered from my city, these will be sold out before the weekend.
from what ive noticed most ebgames will only have 7 allocated spaces for preorders

It wasn't meant to be a link. Quebec is charging people environmental tax now. It's sickening how much tax they keep piling up on us.
A 0.2% tax on an item you'll buy once every year in the more extreme cases, in order to handle the small cost of electronics recycling? Doesn't sound sickening to me at all, and it's leagues less pervasive than enviro fees on drink bottles.

A 0.2% tax on an item you'll buy once every year in the more extreme cases, in order to handle the small cost of electronics recycling? Doesn't sound sickening to me at all, and it's leagues less pervasive than enviro fees on drink bottles.
I think the problem is not the 0.2% tax itself. It's just the fact that their tax keep getting higher and higher and the difference this taxation make is moot in comparison to the other provinces and territories.

I mean I don't like my 13% but quebec is up at 15% at the moment.

Shadow put it bluntly. It's not just the 0.2% tax, it's all the taxes they keep pilling up on us. Not to mention we pay 15%. It adds up you know.

bread's done
Back