Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/29-10/5)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Scribblenauts Unmasked is $60 on WiiU?  WTF?  I thought it'd be $40 tops.

I guess they are cashing in on the fact that WiiU owners have nothing good to play, but damn....

Yeah, it's a great tactic for morons too damn stupid too damn stupid to look up prices online.  I don't know anybody who's fooled by that nonsense. 

Non gamers/parents are fooled by that non sense.

#32 trock3

trock3

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Walmart online has pretty good prices though. 

#33 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

may have to look at my local WalMart and see if I could get gta. They're pretty small on game sales now

#34 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

As a Walmart employee, I know for a fact that Walmart never has any legit sales.

What they do is post regularly-priced items in a flyer then people think they are on sale and buy them. It's a great tactic.

Walmart does sell those individual containers of velveeta shells cheaper than most places - my 7 year old loves them.   :rofl:

Selling on Amazon as Gaming Cheaply

Please feel free to PM me if there is a game you want to purchase cheaper than Amazon Warehouse or Gamestop.

#35 Hirshy

Hirshy

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Good deal for Pokemon X and Y? Order both and get $10 GC back with free in-store pickup on release date. Newegg had it for a buck or two cheaper, but I hear that shipping takes forever...

#36 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

These aren't MSRP; everything is a whopping 3 cents below MSRP.  

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#37 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Seems like the best Pokemon deal? 5$ gift card only other deal I know of is the poster at Gamestop.

Now Playing...

:xb1: Forza Motorsport 5 :xb1: Titanfall

:ps4: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

PSN: needLEEr

XBL: needLEEr

Come check out my trade list! Dozens of new titles for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Vita, & more! Rare Games & Retro too!

#38 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

GameStop has a bonus item for picking up both X and Y.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#39 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Will have to try to price match GTA V SE at Best Buy Sunday morning. Sounds promising....
MLIFTgM.gif

#40 Trogdor469

Trogdor469

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Anyone have any luck price matching Frys for the pokemon 3ds?

#41 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Will have to try to price match GTA V SE at Best Buy Sunday morning. Sounds promising....

Sounds like a plan!  :)

Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#42 Adsuki

Adsuki

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

No Zelda? Lame. Going pass on this one. Thanks anyway OP.

Just trying to make my way through the universe and save my darling Prince Hideyoshi~ <3

#43 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Really want to PM GTAV SE in a NYC store either in Target or BB.... but according to the online stock locator no one seems to have it in stock. 

Bummer...

Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#44 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Ok.. I can't find the proper thread to post this.. 

Has anyone made a preorder at a best buy store by taking one of those cards to the register to put down $5?

I preordered COD Ghosts for 360. The big signage at the store mentions you are supposed to get a code for your avatar 'now' and a tshirt at pickup. Needless to say, there was no code on my receipt and of course no one was able to explain. Advice?

edit- found a forum link that may be helpful will give it a shot but curious to see if anyone on here has been through the same

1080i is for douchebags

#45 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Neither, that's the system, not the game

So they're releasing the LE systems...before the games?  Imagine if the Wii U WW bundle came out and there was no way to get the games, or the Halo 360's.  Seems pretty damn silly.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

So they're releasing the LE systems...before the games?  Imagine if the Wii U WW bundle came out and there was no way to get the games, or the Halo 360's.  Seems pretty damn silly.

But the X/Y Console is not a bundle. It is just a themed console. It does not include the game neither physically or digitally.

#47 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

So much for using the Remember Me @Gamer coupon. Ah well.
Posted Image

#48 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

So much for using the Remember Me @Gamer coupon. Ah well.

My thoughts exactly. Don't worry though, I can see the game dropping to $10 soon enough.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#49 cbarnette1966

cbarnette1966

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

good thing I picked up BLOP2 wii U while it was still $19.99

#50 Darthziggy

Darthziggy

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

So they're releasing the LE systems...before the games? Imagine if the Wii U WW bundle came out and there was no way to get the games, or the Halo 360's. Seems pretty damn silly.

The first Halo 360 (for H3) came out a few weeks before the game and didn't have the game included, FYI. I do agree it's silly but it's happened before.

#51 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Anyone know if the 100% trade in bonus is still in effect?

#52 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

No trade bonus.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#53 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm thinking of going to walmart to get the new pokemon.

If I go on midnight would I be able to get it or gotta wait till morning of 12th?

I never did this for a game before so not sure.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#54 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Anyone know if the 100% trade in bonus is still in effect?

It is not...

1080i is for douchebags

#55 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

Being right is all that matters.

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Is it routine to put up ads regardless of whether or not there are actually deals? Seems kinda irrelevant to post MSRP prices on a site that is all about deals. Maybe next to the thread title put in parentheses "all msrp. Crap deals. More like Cheap Ass Retailer amirite"

Currenty Playing / Recently Played / Backlog:  :ps3: Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Puppeteer, DmC  :ps4: MLB 14 The Show, Strider, BF4  :wii: everything retro Nintendo   :wiiu: DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, Batman AO, NES Remix 1 & 2, Shovel Knight   :3ds: Tomodochi Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball  :vita: Tearaway, Murimasa Rebirth  :pc: Darksiders 2, Counter Strike GO, Chivalry, Saints Row 4  :lol: Most Anticipated: SMash Bros Wii U, Far Cry 4, Evolve, Destiny, Halo MC Collection, No Man's Sky, Inside, N++, Diablo 3 PS4, Minecraft PS4

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

#56 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Do you guys think the Pok√©mon X/Y 3DS XL will be limited/rare like the Pikachu one was? I want to surprise my son, but I don't get paid until Friday

Currently Playing :wiiu: SM3DW & Mario Kart 8) 4 player couch madnezz!!!

:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours

#57 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm thinking of going to walmart to get the new pokemon.

If I go on midnight would I be able to get it or gotta wait till morning of 12th?

I never did this for a game before so not sure.

You should be able to walk in at midnight or a little after and the electronics associate can sell it to you at or after 12:01am Tuesday.

MLIFTgM.gif

#58 Photonianpa

Photonianpa

Just another gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

You should be able to walk in at midnight or a little after and the electronics associate can sell it to you at or after 12:01am Tuesday.

A lot of times in walmart they have the mod in the back ready to go well ahead of time. Sometimes it would be a couple of hours till it gets rolled out onto the sales floor but Hydro is correct. If you ask for something that is released, as of 12:01 they can sell it to you. at anytime before that, even if you were able to get your hands on a copy the register wont permit the sale. they tie the release date to the upc that they scan somehow.

#59 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Didn't even know Black Ops 2 was on sale for Wii U til I was there the other day. Went near there hoping to do the Target B2G1 free on Wii U and ended up just grabbing some WiiU stuff at Best Buy instead, got Black Ops 2 purely on a whim for the gamepad features. Turned out I got it before it went up to what it is now.

#60 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

But the X/Y Console is not a bundle. It is just a themed console. It does not include the game neither physically or digitally.

That's my point in every way.  Dumb it's not a bundle and dumb it's coming out before the games.

The first Halo 360 (for H3) came out a few weeks before the game and didn't have the game included, FYI. I do agree it's silly but it's happened before.

I remembered it happening before just didn't remember what, H3 is probably what I was thinking of.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)