Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Steal of the Week: Get 50% more in-store credit when you trade electronics toward the pre-order of any next-gen items

gamestop

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

sotw_090913.png

Steal of the Week!  Get 50% more in-store credit when you trade electronics toward the pre-order of any next-gen items, from Monday, September 9, through Sunday, September 29. This is your chance to save big on the hottest upcoming systems and fill out your game library on day one. Get your coupon now for 4,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, September 15!

In-store credit much be applied towards next generation systems, games and accessories. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Offer good towards items normally accepted in trade. By trading your smartphone, tablet, or media player, you release GameStop from any claim to the product (including, but not limited to, loss off the device or its contents, any music, pictures, or other data stored on it.) Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No Dealers. Void where prohibited. See sales associate from complete details.

For 4000 points you can get a 50% trade in value bonus towards any next gen product. So preorder a game cancel it and you will still have the 50% in store credit

#2 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

edited title for clarity.  thanks!

#3 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Its cool I'm a noob at this

#4 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I guess I'll get it out of the way: playcation /thread

#5 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Playcation expires in 5 days.

#6 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm confused. What are the points? I haven't gone to Gamestop in years. Can I just take my stuff in to trade in or is there other steps? I want to trade in my PS3 and possibly my 360 consoles. How much can I get?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#7 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm confused. What are the points? I haven't gone to Gamestop in years. Can I just take my stuff in to trade in or is there other steps? I want to trade in my PS3 and possibly my 360 consoles. How much can I get?

For everything you buy at game stop you get points added to you account. You should buy them with your power up rewards card. You also have to connect your Power up rewards card to power up rewards website.

#8 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Man if this lasted into October I would totally bite as I'll be getting a Note 3 and looking to sell my galaxy S3. Only offering it for 2 weeks is lame.

#9 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

Might get a pre owned Wii for $50. My GameCube disappeared and my kids broke my Wii with b.c.
Posted Image

#10 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

These SotW coupons are the lamest shit I have ever seen.  It would be a total pain in the ass to use them if they were free...the fact that you have to pay for them is ludicrous.

uc.png

#11 BobTheFlub

BobTheFlub

Sepulchritude

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Is there any chance at all this stacks with the Playcation coupon? Was planning on trading in the PS3 with the coupon for some extra PS4 stuff anyway, would be nice if I could get a bit of extra credit too.

#12 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Doubtful.  50% on top of 50% so double TIV??!?!!

#13 Feren Silver

Feren Silver

Beware the fury of a patient man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

Doubtful.  50% on top of 50% so double TIV??!?!!

Now $14 for all of your games!*

*In store credit.

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

#14 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Is there any chance at all this stacks with the Playcation coupon? Was planning on trading in the PS3 with the coupon for some extra PS4 stuff anyway, would be nice if I could get a bit of extra credit too.

No, because Playcation doesn't stack with anything.

uc.png

#15 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

This is a great way to dump the iphone 4s. I hope value doesn't tank overnight

#16 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

So four dollars is the price to pay for missing Playcation.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#17 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

^ I think this was intended for the iPhone 4S more than anything. People should be able to preorder it this week and get it before the end of the month, if apple stays consistent with their history.

#18 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

No, because Playcation doesn't stack with anything.

Except the power up reward card

#19 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Except the power up reward card

That's not an offer, it's a membership benefit.

uc.png

#20 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

^ I think this was intended for the iPhone 4S more than anything. People should be able to preorder it this week and get it before the end of the month, if apple stays consistent with their history.

If you're talking about the new iPhones, pre-orders start 13th for 5C and 20th for 5S

#21 dk drumin

dk drumin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

has to basically be new for the like new price only worth it if you can use both coupons

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#22 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

the playcation coupons are still active for a few more days so this is gamestop stealing from you lol
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#23 dk drumin

dk drumin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

i didnt check online thought i got a good deal. Now im home i realized i was scammed by gamestop the playcation worked but canceled my coupon i got 336 but damn still have sotw but who cares im out of a ***** iphone 4s

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#24 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

How do you actually spend the 4000 points to get the coupon? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the powerup rewards site.

Edit: never mind, I found it by scrolling through all the rewards

#25 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Sure is a Steal of the Week. Gamestop stealing from you. I think they should change the name. Obviously, anyone can tell that it's gonna be Gamestop stealing from you. But for the few that don't know, the name should get changed. I'm thinking Scam of the Week.

#26 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Does it work if I already pre-ordered the Xbox One and I'm just looking to pay it off with the trade-in credit?

#27 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Does it work if I already pre-ordered the Xbox One and I'm just looking to pay it off with the trade-in credit?

It should. It's like the 30% promotions they have when it's toward an item. The one rule it has is that all of that credit must go into that one thing, but you can keep the extra credit if there's any.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#28 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

It should. It's like the 30% promotions they have when it's toward an item. The one rule it has is that all of that credit must go into that one thing, but you can keep the extra credit if there's any.

Great, I can do an iPad flip and I only need $200 more on my Xbox One, so there should be some remaining credit.

#29 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

OP, you can put these up with the rest of yours and modify your thread as you prefer.

All the rest of the SOTW for this month:

9/16/13.

sotw_091613.jpg

9/23/13.

sotw_092313.jpg

9/30/13.

sotw_093013.jpg

#30 kwick7

kwick7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

for some reason (website glitch maybe??) the TIV value of the iPone 4S, for AT&T only, went from $210 to $290 today. Verizon and sprint still $210. I hopped on tht the second I noticed!

$290 + 50% bonus = $435.

$435. For a 2 year old iPhone. With zero hassle.

:)