Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

GameStop SotW Coupons September 2013: 09/30-10/06 50% Extra Credit When Trading Any Systems

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

GameStop PUR Steal of the Week Coupons for September 2013

https://www.gamestop...ards/Home/Index

Current Coupon

Available 9/30-10/06

https://www.gamestop...Kdpr D22roUUQ==

sotw_093013.jpg

Steal of the Week!  Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any systems, from Monday, September 30, through Sunday, October 20. You could get a massive amount of credit ready to be used on anything in-store or online, including next-gen systems and games! Get your coupon now for 20,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, October 6!

Limit 1 coupon per customer.  Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption.  Hardware must have all necessary components for trade.  Not valid toward cash trades.  Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.  Coupon expires 10/20/13.

FAQ

How can I get these coupons?

You need to sign up for GameStop's Power Up Rewards program (both the free and the paid versions work) and activate your card on their website. You'll then get points for purchases and trade ins which you can use towards these coupons or anything else on the rewards site.

How many of these can I get?

As many as you have enough points for. Same coupons will not stack in one purchase however (so cannot use two of the same type of 25% off coupon for example).

Will these coupons stack with any other coupons/promos?

Trade bonus coupons: No. Trade bonuses VERY RARELY stack together. Usually only happens if the employee or the register somehow screws up.

$ and % off coupons: Yes, mostly. Coupons have been known to stack so long as they are different promos. Example: 25% off + 20% will stack but 25% + 25% will not.

I ended up buying a coupon but no longer want it. Can I get my points refunded?

According to their Terms/Conditions, no. However some CAGs have had success talking with customer service and getting a refund that way. Otherwise you can always try trading your unwanted coupons to fellow CAGs here: http://www.cheapassg...trading-thread/

#2 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Appreciate the hard work and the early info dump!  That 25% off a used game coupon is looking finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.

#3 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

50% bonus when you trade-in console would be nice but not for 20,000 points lol. 

#4 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Birthday and Playcation coupons kinda make these pointless. But... Playcation is ending soon. I want some more coupons like the $100 VIta/3DS :(

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#5 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

I want the one for next week. Thanks for the info. I'll save my points.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#6 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Thanks op!
Currently Playing :wiiu: SM3DW & Mario Kart 8) 4 player couch madnezz!!!

:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours

#7 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Newb questions, perhaps, so I apologize in advance (perhaps would be helpful to include in the OP as suggested so others don't have to repeat the same questions).

If I'm reading this right, the 25% off used games coupon can be purchased on the week of 9/16.  What is the expiration date on these coupons?  Do they typically expire in a month?  3 months?  No expiration date?

Does the 25% apply to all used games in a single transaction, or just for one used game?

How many of the same coupons can I get if I have enough points?  Can I get 2 or 3 of these 25% off used games coupons to be used in separate transactions?

And do these stack with other PUR Pro coupons?  If I had a $20 off used games coupon, can I use the 25% off AND the $20 off?

#8 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Birthday and Playcation coupons kinda make these pointless. But... Playcation is ending soon. I want some more coupons like the $100 VIta/3DS :(

its going to be 50,000 points

#9 YamahaSC

YamahaSC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is there anyway to get the 50% Trade-In Bonus Playcation coupon anymore?

#10 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Is there anyway to get the 50% Trade-In Bonus Playcation coupon anymore?

I don't think so, unless someone gives you their unused coupon code.  I need one too, I might actually have to pay the 4000 points this week to trade in my iPad Mini since it would come to $285.

#11 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Newb questions, perhaps, so I apologize in advance (perhaps would be helpful to include in the OP as suggested so others don't have to repeat the same questions).

If I'm reading this right, the 25% off used games coupon can be purchased on the week of 9/16.  What is the expiration date on these coupons?  Do they typically expire in a month?  3 months?  No expiration date?

Does the 25% apply to all used games in a single transaction, or just for one used game?

How many of the same coupons can I get if I have enough points?  Can I get 2 or 3 of these 25% off used games coupons to be used in separate transactions?

And do these stack with other PUR Pro coupons?  If I had a $20 off used games coupon, can I use the 25% off AND the $20 off?

Coupons are usually good for 3-4 weeks. Once they are available on the rewards site they'll mention when they expire in their description.

Based on the wording the 25% off coupon should work on all games in a single transaction but no one will know for sure until someone tries it out and reports back.

You can get as many coupons as you want so long as you have the points for them.

It should stack with other coupons, so long as it's not another copy of itself. So 25% off + 25% off won't work but 25% off + $5 off will.

#12 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Will 20% off work with the 25% off coupons

#13 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

As I mentioned in the OP it should, yes. Won't know for certain until someone tries it once it releases, however in the past similar coupons such as those have stacked together just fine.

#14 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Updated with this weeks coupon.

#15 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Meh, the birthday coupon is free, and theres only a 5% difference

#16 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

But if it stacks with the 25% off... ;)

It's also better if you're buying several games at once since the b-day coupon only works on a single game and the 25% off coupon applies to every game in a transaction.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#17 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

From the wording of this weeks coupon I believe it'll work for all games in the transaction (although I haven't used one yet so I'm not 100% certain). So there's that. Plus this coupon should stack with the birthday coupon.

#18 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

So BD Coupon + This Coupon + PUR = 55% Off a game?

#19 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

So BD Coupon + This Coupon + PUR = 55% Off a game?

Not quite. Coupons will apply one at a time and off of new total. Let's say you are buying a $10 game. SotW drops it to $7.50, then Birthday to $6.00, finally PUR 10% brings it to $5.40.  So 46% off total.

#20 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Not quite. Coupons will apply one at a time and off of new total. Let's say you are buying a $10 game. SotW drops it to $7.50, then Birthday to $6.00, finally PUR 10% brings it to $5.40.  So 46% off total.

Oh okay thanks.

#21 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I need to make a list of games I want and get them all together...

#22 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

I don't know why some of you guys would actually spend points on this coupons. Fuck GameStop with these stupid coupon promotion and bad marketing. Coupons are supposed to be free!!!!

#23 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

But if it stacks with the 25% off... ;)

It's also better if you're buying several games at once since the b-day coupon only works on a single game and the 25% off coupon applies to every game in a transaction.

I need to make a list of games I want and get them all together...

Holy crap.  If it applies to all used games in a transaction, then I'm in!!  Making my list, too!

And if anyone gets it to work for the whole purchase, appreciate letting us know.  Thanks!

#24 alljoy214

alljoy214

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Going after work to find out. Wish me luck!

#25 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I would try but I can't get to gamestop until the weekend

do you like conga's? do you like lines? do you like free iphones/cash?! join the iphone canga line!

http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11235053

#26 Kapone360

Kapone360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Does this stack with their 50% off select preowned games promo they got going?

#27 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

1. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon is confirmed to work on multiple games in one transaction, so maximize the number of games you're getting!

2. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon does NOT play nice in-store with the ongoing 50% off select used games list sale.  Make sure to separate out any games that are eligible for the 50% for a second transaction, otherwise the computer will force your SOTW coupon to kick out the 50% promo and you will end up paying extra and have to do a return/rebuy to fix it.

Check my sell list! (online passes, DLC, Club Nintendo coins) http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11867110

***NEW*** Evil Dead (2013) DVD - UltraViolet code - $1

#28 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Coupons shouldn't stack with promos, but YMMV.

#29 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Wondering what I should even get

#30 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Going after work to find out. Wish me luck!

1. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon is confirmed to work on multiple games in one transaction, so maximize the number of games you're getting!

2. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon does NOT play nice in-store with the ongoing 50% off select used games list sale.  Make sure to separate out any games that are eligible for the 50% for a second transaction, otherwise the computer will force your SOTW coupon to kick out the 50% promo and you will end up paying extra and have to do a return/rebuy to fix it.

Do you remember what the expiration dates were for your coupons?

I know this doesn't stack with promos, but do you guys think this 25% off will stack with a B2G1 coupon?