Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

GameFly September 2013 Used Game Sale (Ends 9/16) Borderlands 2 $10, Crysis 3 $13 and More

gamefly used games xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#271 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Wholly crap!  I just got my PS3 version of Borderlands 2 in from the Pittsburgh distribution center, and along with 7 to 8 chips on the outer edge, is a big, hugh one. 

Is there a way that I can upload a few pictures onto a free webpage, and then post the URL here for anyone who's interested to see?  I have about 7 pictures or so on my album here, but those pictures were downsized dramatically to the specifications on here. 

Just post them on Imgur or something and then post the link here or in your sig.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#272 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

NG has the PS3 version for $14? It's showing $20 now, did they up the price?

Guess so :/

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#273 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

The sale ended yesterday.  That's why prices are increased today.  Although I did notice that God of War Ascension is $14.99 ($13.49 with 10% discount).  Must be one of the daily deals.

#274 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

No free shipping though :(
Posted Image

#275 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Got my DMC delivered to my office, how the Fuck are people scratching the front side of the discs. I hope it plays when I get home

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#276 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I still have yet to receive my DmC. Hell, my copy of GTA that was supposed to arrive on the 19th, got here before the game.

#277 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

DMC is $20 for PS3 at Newegg if you don't want to worry about dents or chips since and since the sale is over.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879233066

#278 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Holy mother of god.  DMC came today.  Look at this badass case.

Idk if I should return it or not.  

2NFozbE.jpgJqTm8Nm.jpg

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#279 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

Think ill give them a piece of my mind again.

This is the 3rd destroyed case I've gotten in the past 3 months.  Maybe they'll refund me (AHAHAH NOT).  Might as well spend $5 more and get it new on Newegg..or wait for BlackFriday

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#280 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Bro.  How did you post your pictures like that?  I wanted to show how badly chipped my Borderlands 2 is.  At any rate, I wouldn't bother returning the case if there is nothing wrong with the game.  Too many returns will get your account/address banned.

This is the 3rd destroyed case I've gotten in the past 3 months.  Maybe they'll refund me (AHAHAH NOT).  Might as well spend $5 more and get it new on Newegg..or wait for BlackFriday

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#281 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Wow why are these cases coming in destroyed.  They should be sitting on a shelf somewhere and in near-perfect condition.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#282 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Bro.  How did you post your pictures like that?  I wanted to show how badly chipped my Borderlands 2 is.  At any rate, I wouldn't bother returning the case if there is nothing wrong with the game.  Too many returns will get your account/address banned.

Whenever I went to take a shot of the smaller "fine" details, I usually use the Macro feature on my camera. It suffices and gives out excellent detail close up. Even tiny specks of dust I can't see with the naked eye show up on the picture.

Wow why are these cases coming in destroyed.  They should be sitting on a shelf somewhere and in near-perfect condition.

Can't say what happened in Gedemer's case, but when I received a busted case (well it's been twice actually). The first time the top plastic looked like it had been scuffed up with sand paper or something, but it wasn't actually broken.

While the 2nd one that I received (for Twisted Metal) came in total pieces, plastics bits were inside the bubble mailer so it was definitely smashed up somewhere along in transit.

#283 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

I want to know what some people do to these games. I didn't care about taking care of my games and cases when I was younger, but now I go crazy if I don't have a mint disc and case when I buy games.

#284 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Wholly crap! I just got my PS3 version of Borderlands 2 in from the Pittsburgh distribution center, and along with 7 to 8 chips on the outer edge, is a big, hugh one.

Is there a way that I can upload a few pictures onto a free webpage, and then post the URL here for anyone who's interested to see? I have about 7 pictures or so on my album here, but those pictures were downsized dramatically to the specifications on here.

Where is chunli barbie when u need her?! There have been people like myself who seem to always get thechips on the discs whereas most of the people either dont care enough to notice or just don't care. If youreally care about it (for your ocd collection) then i would advise buying from game fly. Their resurfacing machines create the chips on the disc.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#285 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

GF will send you another case if you contact them.

#286 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

GF will send you another case if you contact them.

I did email them and told them this is the 3rd time.  I'll see what they say, but I guarantee they will just ask if I want a refund and send the game back.

The reason the cases get destroyed is because they send them in the cheapest quality "padded" envelopes.

Take your pictures, upload to Imgur, and when adding a post on here select the little picture icon and paste the URL of the picture from Imgur.  As far as quality of the picture goes, it's just my iPhone 5 and it takes me forever to get the POS to focus correctly.

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#287 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Where is chunli barbie when u need her?! There have been people like myself who seem to always get thechips on the discs whereas most of the people either dont care enough to notice or just don't care. If youreally care about it (for your ocd collection) then i would advise buying from game fly. Their resurfacing machines create the chips on the disc.

I think you are thinking of "chunlirocks". The Gamefly chipped discs person. Lol.

I have always gotten mint cases here in Texas. Half my games have chips and the other half dont. I dont buy often from them because of the chips.

512847.png

#288 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

I think you are thinking of "chunlirocks". The Gamefly chipped discs person. Lol.

I have always gotten mint cases here in Texas. Half my games have chips and the other half dont. I dont buy often from them because of the chips.

You must be lucky...as I live in San Marcos, Texas and always get crappy discs and cases lol

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#289 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

You must be lucky...as I live in San Marcos, Texas and always get crappy discs and cases lol

I honestly think its the people delivering your packages or maybe your apartment office etc.

I am in the same area as you and would imagine we get games from the same distribution center.

512847.png

#290 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I honestly think its the people delivering your packages or maybe your apartment office etc.

I am in the same area as you and would imagine we get games from the same distribution center.

Yea I believe it's the USPS delivery.  They put our mail/small items in our apartment mailboxes which are fairly small (hard to fit a game sideways)  

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#291 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

Holy mother of god. DMC came today. Look at this badass case.

Idk if I should return it or not.

2NFozbE.jpgJqTm8Nm.jpg

If you are a regular customer at GameStop just ask them if they have/sell a case to you. Chances are they will be cool and give you one for free.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#292 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

You could always buy a few empty game cases for whatever desired console via Ebay.  Paid somewhere around $10-$15 for 10 xbox 360 cases (same green cases as retail games come in).  Just for times when case is broken in mail. 

Like mentioned above you can always contact GF and request a replacement case.  

#293 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

If you order 1 game, they put them in a padded envelope which is easily damage in transit. I'm waiting for my order now from Sunday but I ordered 2 games which most likely will be in a box. I'm worried about the condition of the Xbox 360 copy. Only had problem once with a PS3 copy where the disc was crack in the middle.

Dariel16.png

#294 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

There was actually an old article floating arond that said that the chips were because of USPS' handling of the packages. GameFly used to use cardboard mailers to protect the discs in rentals but they stopped that long ago and just ship the discs in paper sleeves.

#295 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

There was actually an old article floating arond that said that the chips were because of USPS' handling of the packages. GameFly used to use cardboard mailers to protect the discs in rentals but they stopped that long ago and just ship the discs in paper sleeves.

They still use cardboard mailers with the games inside the mailer in a paper sleeve.

512847.png

#296 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

They still use cardboard mailers with the games inside the mailer in a paper sleeve.

Weird, the last time I used them the games came in plain mailers without cardboard. Maybe it depends on the facility?

#297 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Weird, the last time I used them the games came in plain mailers without cardboard. Maybe it depends on the facility?

Maybe mine ship from the Austin,Tx distributing center.

512847.png

#298 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'm sure the reason the case is broken is due to the USPS handling. I work for UPS and I'm sure they operate in the same fashion. Small envelopes and boxes go into bags, which will hold 10-100 pieces, depending on how big and heavy. Problem is, often times when loading a trailer full of packages, these bags will get thrown in and have larger boxes stacked on top. This crushes down the contents of the bags. It's not supposed to operate like this, but most of the loaders don't give a crap.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#299 Baldur

Baldur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm seeing a trend here with people receiving DmC, regardless of platforms, in a usually banged up state. That and taking a rather long time to arrive. That's what happened to my Xbox version... first gamefly game that I had doubts about working: scratched disc, no manual, damaged case, and took over a week to arrive. :(

#300 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

My DmC arrived with a damaged case as well, just cracked on the inside a bit.  No manual either, though that's probably just how it comes.

The disc has a few chips and scratches, but it will probably be okay.  Scratched PS3 games really annoy me, you pretty much have to do it intentionally.