Photo
- - - - -

Torchlight II 4.99 @ gamestop (and other games)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

to those who missed on the torchlight II sale gamefly had recently; gamestop has a pc d.load sale going right now:

http://www.gamestop....-xu0,138c-162-a

several good prices there, especially for torchlight II @ 4.99

http://www.gamestop....light-ii/103573

Question though.... anyone bought a digital game from gamestop? How does it work? I want to make sure i dont need to use a shitty download client or something through them

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 davidmt

davidmt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I've never bought a digital game from GS, but I see this:

Connectivity THIS GAME REQUIRES THE GAMESTOP APP  

#3 zyk

zyk

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I wanted torchlight 2 when it first came out, but i'm not really in the mood for it now ~_~. $5 is super cheap though..

Yea you gotta install their stupid app to get the key for the game. You can just get the key, activate it on steam and just uninstall the program. I dunno if it works for all games though, it worked for Metro 2033 though =P

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#4 CapnYoAsse

CapnYoAsse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

I bought PvZ through Gamestop some years ago. They have since revamped their system and no longer allow me to download it (so I can reinstall it). Apparently, if I still had a receipt, I could settle the matter, but who keeps digital receipts that long? Well, I don't.
:whee:Let's get buttarted ... in here. :booty:

#5 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

well.. shit. I wont be buying it then. WHy the hell would you need a shitty bloatware app from a terrible company like GS just to get a friggin steam key? Seems pretty shady to not mention its steam activated too.

If they just gave you a steam key i would bite but i dont want their garbage on my system even temporarily

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#6 coolshopp

coolshopp

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Ah so it's the same as gamefly pcdd? Stupid that theymake you download a stupid app just to give you a code. Gamefly's isn't even copiable, so you have to switch between windows unless you're some sort of freak who can memorize an entire key

#7 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

no. it seems like you need their d.loader to even GET the code if i understand it right. Gamefly at least lets you just take the code without their d.loader for steam games

\-Clicky Here-\

#8 Gershomcz

Gershomcz

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

So it's confirmed then that you can just get the key and activate on Steam?

#9 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Pretty sure the app is just for retrieving your Steam code. Once you grab it you can uninstall the app and what not.

I had to install it when they gave Rift away for free, but it was so I could grab the CD Key and Rift installer. I didn't need the Gamestop app afterwards for anything.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#10 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Some games you can some you can't. It'll mention steam in the description if its a steam key. If it doesn't then its played through their client. Either way you have to use their client to get the game. Even if its steam you have to use the client to even have access to your purchase and see the steam key.

#11 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Pretty sure the app is just for retrieving your Steam code. Once you grab it you can uninstall the app and what not.

I had to install it when they gave Rift away for free, but it was so I could grab the CD Key and Rift installer. I didn't need the Gamestop app afterwards for anything.

This is correct.  You only need the app to get the key, not run the game (assuming that game activates on Steam, Origin, etc.).

Alternatively, once you purchase an item, live chat with a Gamestop rep.  They can usually give you the key without needing to install the app at all.

Posted Image

#12 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

It will be this price or lower on Steam at some point.

The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#13 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

I would buy it at this price, but I'm expecting to see it in an inevitable future Humble Bundle soon.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#14 Churchbus

Churchbus

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

You may find it interesting that Trine 2 Complete just became part of Humble Indie Bundle 9.  In fact, it's really an excellent bundle in general.  And you don't have to go through Gamestop!

#15 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

If anyone is interested in Torchlight 2, I've got two Steam keys I can gift I'll give away for $4 each.