Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Rainbow 6 Vegas FREE on Xbox Live (9/16-9/30)

Rainbow 6 Vegas Free Xbox Live Games for gold gaming with gold xbox live gold

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Jiryn

Jiryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Rainbow 6 Vegas is free on Xbox Live for Gold users from 9/16 till 9/30

Direct link here

http://marketplace.x...15-d802555307d6

#2 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Dang that's an old ass game.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#3 Jiryn

Jiryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Dang that's an old ass game.

Everything "Games for Gold" has offered has either been a cheap ass Live game or an old ass retail game.

#4 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Don't forget that BestBuy has a 100% trade in event going on, so you can get 50 cents for your used copy. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

That's like a used car company offering a free cassette deck installed with every car sold.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#6 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

That's like a used car company offering a free cassette deck installed with every car sold.

More like 8-track, because people still buy cassettes.

#7 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

don't we have a dedicated thread for this?

#8 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Everything "Games for Gold" has offered has either been a cheap ass Live game or an old ass retail game.

Dead Rising 2 is an old ass game? 

Posted Image

#9 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Dead Rising 2 is an old ass game? 

3 years ago is pretty old to me.

#10 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Don't forget that BestBuy has a 100% trade in event going on, so you can get 50 cents for your used copy. 

That's what I've been doing. Same thing with the humble bundle. I'm taking brutal legend in too.

Almost a dozen discs cleaned out so far.

#11 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

The game is still fun 7 years later. Only thing that's really ugly is the graphics and it bothers me that co-op story online doesn't have any of the dialogue/story so me and my friend are beating the game again, but he has to play the sp to hear out the story as well as get the realistic achievement.

It's a shame the new rainbow six has been in limbo forever despite Ubisoft saying It's still in the works.

The hours I put into this and R6 Vegas 2 was enormous. Only Gears, Borderlands and the Halo titles came close to the amount of hours I spent on this and It's sequel.

#12 CarpeCubensis

CarpeCubensis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Oh thank you Microsoft for showering us with such amazing top of the line content.... Ugh could they even dig deeper into the bargain bin?

This game came out nearly 7 freaking years ago, and it costs 3 dollars for a physical copy at gamestop. At this point they really might as well just stop.

#13 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Oh thank you Microsoft for showering us with such amazing top of the line content.... Ugh could they even dig deeper into the bargain bin?

This game came out nearly 7 freaking years ago, and it costs 3 dollars for a physical copy at gamestop. At this point they really might as well just stop.

It's a token gesture, to make it appear like they're on par with the PS+ free games program.  And an attempt to keep and entice some of the newer people to the Xbox ecosystem.  I've never played RSV, for example, so I ain't complaining (but, for the record, it's not working at making me loyal to Xbox...I just can't resist free).

#14 CarpeCubensis

CarpeCubensis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Even the most "anticipated" game they announced as like a flagship of this free games thing is halo 3. Itself being 6 years old, having 3 newer sequels and is selling for less than 8 bucks. They should have called it "Microsoft's Bargain Bin Bonanza!" As an owner and subscriber to both of these consoles it makes me cringe every time they announce the new game.

#15 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Microsoft should change the name from "Game with Gold" to "Game with Golden Age games".

16Z462z.jpg

#16 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Microsoft should change the name from "Game with Gold" to "Game with Golden Age games".

LMAO

#17 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Monsta Mack is like the only person who isn't pissing on this game.

My only complaint about the game is the achievement list... wow. I'm never getting anywhere to completing this one. However, I had a bunch of friends wanting to pick this up (because it's free), and wanting to co-op with me, so say what you will about the price, but I didn't want a slimy used copy from GameStop even for $1, and I'm pretty sure my friends didn't want that either. The price of free is a hard bargain to pass up too.

#18 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

3 years ago is pretty old to me.

When the XBox has been around since what 2005, I'd say 3 years doesn't qualify as "old ass".  

Still, yes, many of these games are older but they've all been well reviewed, decent games at least.  The only real head-scratcher so far has been the Magic game since it's so niche.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#19 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

When the XBox has been around since what 2005, I'd say 3 years doesn't qualify as "old ass".  

Still, yes, many of these games are older but they've all been well reviewed, decent games at least.  The only real head-scratcher so far has been the Magic game since it's so niche.

I'm going to add Defense Grid to that list too, not because it was the only other XBLA game, but it's like... all the others have been staples of Xbox one way or another (other than Magic)... but then Defense Grid?

#20 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, R6 Vegas and R6 Vegas 2 are great games. But they're dated as hell now.

I mean shit, the next R6 game was announced what? Three years ago?

16Z462z.jpg

#21 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm going to add Defense Grid to that list too, not because it was the only other XBLA game, but it's like... all the others have been staples of Xbox one way or another (other than Magic)... but then Defense Grid?

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tower Defense games are one of the most "mainstream" (and yes, casual as well) games out there.  Magic on the other hand is a video game based off a niche card game making it double-niche I guess you could say.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#22 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

:applause:

Posted Image

#23 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Never played this game. Going to go get it soon, even though I heard it was only $3 at Gamestop for a used copy.

Wish you could trade your Games with Gold for past Games with Gold you missed.  I so would trade Rainbow 6 Vegas for Assassin's Creed II or Crackdown. :(

#24 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tower Defense games are one of the most "mainstream" (and yes, casual as well) games out there.  Magic on the other hand is a video game based off a niche card game making it double-niche I guess you could say.

I never said it wasn't 'mainstream' or anything... it's just not a staple of what you think about Xbox... Assassins Creed, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six, Halo... all of those scream Xbox. Defense Grid doesn't scream Xbox. It screams Humble Bundle to me.

#25 CarpeCubensis

CarpeCubensis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

The only games with gold I have been interested in was crackdown which is a great game, and dead rising, but I would have preferred off the record, it's a much much better version of the game. I either already own the rest or played and finished them so long ago that I have no interest in playing them again.

#26 beetlegum

beetlegum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Why does MS even bother if all we are gonna get are crap old titles?  Yet, there are so many Live arcade titles now that many people have not played.  Something like Toy Soldiers or Zero Clash would make me feel like I'm really getting something for free.

#27 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

While Rainbow Six Vegas is a great game, it's definitely way old.  I just finished the sequel (probably the oldest game in my backlog of old/recent titels). - the first was better IMO. It could also be the very last firefight in the sequel really frustrated me :P

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2014 is coming: http://bit.ly/1nUR6fk

#28 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

It's amazing how people bitch and moan as if they actually deserve something more. Take it or leave it, it's free. Don't sit here and whine about it...

#29 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

It's amazing how people bitch and moan as if they actually deserve something more. Take it or leave it, it's free. Don't sit here and whine about it...

Compare what PS+ is getting compared to this. Consider that PS+ is $10 cheaper per year too

#30 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Compare what PS+ is getting compared to this. Consider that PS+ is $10 cheaper per year too

You also don't get to keep anything you get with PS+. Either way, the fact is no one deserves a damn thing. This isn't a part of the paid service, this is a bonus. Take it or leave it. No one has any right to bitch about it though, like some self-entitled child. That's about as pathetic as going to the grocery store and complaining that the free samples aren't entire unopened products. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rainbow 6 Vegas, Free, Xbox Live, Games for gold, gaming with gold, xbox live gold