keeping track of your digital games?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
how do you guys keep track of all your digital games? Between steam, gog, shinyloot, indiegalla, humblebundle, indieroyale, desure, ect ect, Im accumulating quite a random selection of games. I hate having to go to each site and browse everything every time im not sure i bought something or not. Is there a good way to keep a list of all my digital games so i can check at a glance? I used to use the game collection feature here and it was ok for physical games but that feature is now missing. 

I guess i could just write them down but that wouldn't be very organized because i couldn't keep it alphabetical 

I actually just ran into this as well.

I have a bunch of Wii VC and WiiWare game and was trying to find an efficient way to go through them.

I decided there is no good way.

I use my email folders with sub folders organizing the games by sub genre and further sub folders by SP, MP or both. From there I just tag the games I ended and keep it moving.

For games on DD services - I uninstall all SP games that I ended (unless mods and/or free DLC is out for them) and only leave the MP stuff installed.

LOL I spent a ton of putting my info in that site a few years back, then forgot I did it.

You could also use GameFAQs, they also have a game list.  Not sure what the options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does backloggery pull information from a database or do you enter your own information?  I couldn't find a place to search for games from a database.  I would use the CAG collection, but it seems they changed some things around and now it's hard to just click a button to show it as a beaten game.

I started out using Excel.  Now I use my own Access database.

I should also add, that I also use the database to organize all my games (iOS, PC retail, PS/PSN, Xbox/Live, etc.)

Does backloggery pull information from a database or do you enter your own information? I couldn't find a place to search for games from a database. I would use the CAG collection, but it seems they changed some things around and now it's hard to just click a button to show it as a beaten game.
You just enter the names of the games, select the platform, and check if it's beaten/unbeaten. I like the speed at which you can enter stuff, as searching for every game can be extremely time consuming at other sites, but I suppose some want something a little more graphically impressive in which case I'd suggest Grouvee. It pulls from the GiantBomb database I believe, and the aesthetic is really nice (sorta a GOG/iBooks look). It also has beat/played/owned options which are obviously essential for backlogs.

If The Backloggery isn't your thing I'd definitely give it a look :)

Well grouvee looks nice, but it doesn't look like there's a way to edit the system you have the game for.  I think it's time to start an Excel spreadsheet and customize it to my needs.

I keep track by making sure that 99% of the digital games I buy are either on Steam/give a Steam key or on Desura/give a Desura key. Saves me a ton of headaches.

Early on I did the 'I have this game from Gamersgate, and this game from GOG and this game from Amazon and this game from Greenman and this game from GetGames and this game from Gamefly and this game from the developer's site...etc etc' thing but it just got to be too much and I personally don't want to mess with spreadsheets or external programs or whatever.

There's reasons why Steam is so popular and having all your games collected for you in one place and updated is one of those reasons.

Now when I'm not sure if I bought something I search for it on Steam and see if it already own it. Then if it's not on Steam I search for it on Desura and see if I already own it. That's simple and works for me.

The advantage to something like Backloggery is you can link to it.  So if a friend wants to play a specific game with you, they can just look it up and see what you both have in common (from reading, I can't recall if it has a list compare function).

Actually, CAG has that kind of thing as well, doesn't it?

I think I finally found what I was looking for.  

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/index.php

It keeps a list of all the games you have and you can sort them into playing, completed, backlog, replay, completed, retired, and custom.  You can even put the time you've played it so you can get an idea of how far you've progressed in the main game.  All it needs is to pull in your raptr play times and it would be perfect.

Well grouvee looks nice, but it doesn't look like there's a way to edit the system you have the game for. I think it's time to start an Excel spreadsheet and customize it to my needs.
I just found this thread because I saw there was some traffic coming to Grouvee because of it :)

You actually can now specify which system(s) you have the game for. You also can import your Steam library, and it will pull in your time played.

[quote name="peteace" post="11439578" timestamp="1389581899"]I just found this thread because I saw there was some traffic coming to Grouvee because of it :)

You actually can now specify which system(s) you have the game for. You also can import your Steam library, and it will pull in your time played.[/quote]
Very cool, thanks for the heads up. I will have to check that out ^_^

bread's done
Back