* * * * * 3 votes

Official Redbox Thread

Redbox Free Movies Games Codes Kiosk Streaming

• Please log in to reply
698 replies to this topic

#1 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

This will hopefully be an up-to-date thread on the current promotions offered by Redbox.

10 Days of Deals is back. Text BIG daily through 3/3 to get a code

If anyone knows of any other current promotions or has questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Sorry, I haven't updated the OP in a while. There used to be global codes, but they did away with that system. Guess it was costing them too much money. Every once in a while there will probably be a new global code, which can sometimes be used for up to 5 rentals per cc. 

#2 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Just went to three Redbox machines and all three them were out of stock of Grand Theft Auto. How does that happen?!

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#3 Gorilla Monsoon

Gorilla Monsoon

Gorilla Monsoon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Redbox: Use code 2XQD3N7D for Rent 1 Get 1 Free. Valid @ Giant. Exp 9/26/13@11:59pCT. Rply STOP to cancel

#4 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Just went to three Redbox machines and all three them were out of stock of Grand Theft Auto. How does that happen?!

Either that, or they haven't stocked it yet, or rather, lurkers getting it as early as possible, I dunno, I even searched for the game in my area, and there aren't any, lol.

#5 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Use redbox.com or the Redbox app on your smartphone to track down a copy without going to each machine and wasting gas.

MLIFTgM.gif

#6 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well there were three literally on one block. I checked the site and only one showed up and I refused to believe all of them were literally gone in 2 hours of being open.

Emoney244.png

Fuck Sega

#7 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well there were three literally on one block. I checked the site and only one showed up and I refused to believe all of them were literally gone in 2 hours of being open.

I reserved the last of us at 5am when it released. You can Make a reservation before the store opens.

#8 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Oh I didn't know that. I'll do that next time thanks.

Emoney244.png

Fuck Sega

#9 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

WOOOO I STINK

#10 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

If you've texted to join their list for free codes and stuff, be on the look out for a free game rental text. I got one today. Not sure if universal or single codes. I'll try later today if I can find GTA V and Madden.

#11 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

About time we got an official Redbox thread.

Got the only copy of GTA5 in my vacinity the morning it released. Decent game for the 12 hours I played.

Here's a free game code (expires 9/20): M7QRK27H

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#12 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I actually have a question in my own thread. Why isn't the 360 version of GTA V in the redbox kiosks? And if they are, why doesn't it show up at all on the redbox app/site. 

#13 iSUX

iSUX

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

This will hopefully be an up-to-date thread on the current promotions offered by Redbox.

If anyone knows of any other current promotions or has questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

This could also be for the new app for 360. I don't know of any current promotions for it though. 

Movie Rental Codes:

DVDNIGHT (1x per cc, doesn't expire)

DVDONME (1xper cc, doesn't expire)

MCPC213S (1xper cc, 9/25/13?)

Games:

Text SAINTS to 727272 to get a free 1 day game rental. These are unique codes. If you have multiple cell phones, or can get friends, family to do it for you, more rentals. 

You can also text GAMES to 727272 to become a member of their messaging list, in which they send free game codes.

(Last code sent on 09/18/13)

I would like to ask for a permission to copy paste this thread in my Twitter account.

492320.png

#14 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Go for it. Glad you think it's layed out well. 

#15 Mufasa47

Mufasa47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I actually have a question in my own thread. Why isn't the 360 version of GTA V in the redbox kiosks? And if they are, why doesn't it show up at all on the redbox app/site. 

GTAV is two discs for xbox 360 and one for PS3. Redbox never carries the games with multiple discs.

#16 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Can this thread be Wikified? It would also be nice if it was pinned.

#17 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

While I planned on keeping up with it myself, I don't mind it being a wiki. And pinning it is a good idea. I always have trouble finding redbox threads.

#18 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Game Code for the Month came today.  Check your phone text. Expire 9/20

artimus_black - I'll help you w/ this page.

#19 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Game Code for the Month came today.  Check your phone text. Expire 9/20

artimus_black - I'll help you w/ this page.

I'm good, thanks.

And I posted this already, just forgot to add to OP. 

Double edit - I did already post it in OP, I just forgot.  It says (last code sent on 9/18)

#20 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Uh oh

(Reuters) - Outerwall Inc (OUTR.O), operator of the Redbox video rental kiosks, slashed its third-quarter and full-year earnings forecast as average transaction size fell below its expectations due to higher discounts, sending its shares down 20 percent.

The heavy discounting drove consumers toward more single-night rentals, the company, earlier known as Coinstar, said.

"The revenue per person was less than they thought. They had many rentals, but fewer nights rented," First Analysis Securities Corp analyst Lawrence Berlin said. He has an "overweight" rating on the stock.

#21 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Be on the lookout for a R1G1 code in your texts if you've signed up for Redbox texts. If not, you should do it.

Join now and we'll text you great deals, like promo codes every month. You'll also be the first to hear about special offers.

To get on the list*, text SIGNUP to 727272.

#22 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Be on the lookout for a R1G1 code in your texts if you've signed up for Redbox texts. If not, you should do it.

Join now and we'll text you great deals, like promo codes every month. You'll also be the first to hear about special offers.

To get on the list*, text SIGNUP to 727272.

Here's my R1G1: GW5N5J6T

MLIFTgM.gif

#23 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Here's my R1G1: GW5N5J6T

Thanks! 

Edit--First person to pm me will get a free game code. May have another one tonight, depending on what I can find in my area. Diablo III is completely gone, and had trouble finding Madden. Not to mention that GTA V is only on PS3 :(

#24 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well, here's another R1G1 for 9/19!

DVNZT33D

#25 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well, here's another R1G1 for 9/19!

DVNZT33D

Just wanted to post before everyone gives these away. If you only put one in your cart at checkout online (reserving it for pickup). Then proceed to checkout and enter promo code. You will get the one movie for free without another.

Edit--Code's gone. Thanks for posting!

#26 crazy913

crazy913

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just wanted to post before everyone gives these away. If you only put one in your cart at checkout online (reserving it for pickup). Then proceed to checkout and enter promo code. You will get the one movie for free without another.

Edit--Code's gone. Thanks for posting!

Didn't know that! Worked like a charm - thanks!

#27 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Didn't know that! Worked like a charm - thanks!

That would be the one thing I would want to keep out of OP. I feel like if it gets abused too much, Redbox will fix the problem. 

#28 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Uh oh

(Reuters) - Outerwall Inc (OUTR.O), operator of the Redbox video rental kiosks, slashed its third-quarter and full-year earnings forecast as average transaction size fell below its expectations due to higher discounts, sending its shares down 20 percent.

The heavy discounting drove consumers toward more single-night rentals, the company, earlier known as Coinstar, said.

"The revenue per person was less than they thought. They had many rentals, but fewer nights rented," First Analysis Securities Corp analyst Lawrence Berlin said. He has an "overweight" rating on the stock.

Too many free games! I'd rather have them around and pay then not have them around for sure.

#29 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Too many free games! I'd rather have them around and pay then not have them around for sure.

Yeah, it's good to rent something to try it. Especially if it's got bad reviews. I still don't understand why anyone would buy a game at launch, when you can wait for everyone else to and review it for you/ drive the price down. 

#30 broheem

broheem

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Here is a free 1-day Game rental code:

6HK7M667

Exp 9/20/13 @ 11:59pm CT

I bought GTA V and I am too busy playing it to rent any other games at the moment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Redbox, Free, Movies, Games, Codes, Kiosk, Streaming