J-Stars Victory Vs.

PimpLimp

CAGiversary!
Release Date: March 19th, 2014

I know a thread for this game already existed, but it seems to have disappeared. I don't know if the OP deleted it, but I can't find some other threads he created so that leaves me to believe that he isn't around anymore for some reason or another.

Fear not, for I'm still very interested in this game. So much so that I had to create my own thread for it. And before I reveal some new info, why not give a little recap of everything that's been announced?

Namco Bandai Games first revealed that this year they're launching the "ultimate Jump game" on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems. Unfortunately this announcement was solely for Japan (rarely do these Jump-centric games make it out of the Land of the Rising Sun.) But a boy can hope and dream! Luckily both the PS3 and Vita are region-free, so importing is well within the realm of possibility.

Here's the original announcement trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEheyhC2jnE

As you can see from the trailer, the original batch of announced characters was: Toriko (Toriko), Luffy (One Piece), Goku (Dragon Ball Z), Naruto's title character, Rurouni Kenshin's Kenshin Himura, Gintama's Gintoki Sakata, and Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo's Kankichi Ryotsu.

Soon after, both Yusuke Urameshi of Yu Yu Hakusho and Gon Freeccs of Hunter x Hunter were announced as playable characters.

jstars-gonyusuke.jpg

A little while later, a trio of new characters were revealed. These were Sasuke Uchiha, Vegeta, and Zebra.

J-Stars_08-281.jpg

And today, two more characters have been added to the roster. Don't be surprised if they don't look familiar though. There's Taro Yamada (from Chinyuki: Taro to Yukaina Nakama Tachi), and then as a support character, there's also Jaguar Junichi (from Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar.)

JSVS_09-17.jpg

The last tidbit makes some interesting news in that support characters have never been mentioned until now. Now it seems the possibilities may be limitless as to which of your favorite Jump characters make it in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news for any Medaka Box fans out there, it's been revealed that two characters from the series are going to be in this game.

AJTU08J.jpg

Medaka Kurokami will be a playable character, while Misogi Kumagawa will be a support-only character.

Here's a new trailer that's out. It shows every announced character (besides Medaka) in action, as well as giving some details on the battle system, and then at the end we get to see some of the various special attacks and character transformations that are in the game so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eXgBNUF6s

I'm back again to share some more details on this game.

First and foremost, there's finally a release date for the game. It's set to come out March 19th.

Next there's the announcement of 4 more characters being added to the game. Only one of them is playable though.

J-Stars-Scan-20.jpg

Boa Hancock from One Piece is a new playable character. While Rukia (from Bleach), Chitoge Kirisaki (from Nisekoi), and LaLa (from To Love-Ru) will all be support characters. 

It was also revealed that there would be both PS3 and Vita LE versions of this game. No details yet on what it's all going to come with though.

I don't know if this is the LE that I mentioned earlier, but there's going to be a version of this game called the "Anime Sound Edition" and will include 21 anime theme songs that will play in the background.

The Vita and PS3 are both getting this edition and it's priced about $30 US more than the standard edition. But that's somewhat expected when you consider how much it probably cost to get the rights to all the different songs.

Another set of characters has been revealed.

J-Stars-Scan-22.jpg

Tsunayoshi Sawada (Reborn!) and Oga Tatsumi (Beelzebub) will both be playable characters, and Kagura (Gintama) will be a support character.

This now brings the total up to 18 playable characters, and 6 support characters.

Thanks for the updates PimpLimp, will keep checking this thread to see if more stuff is added to it.  Game is getting cooler as more new things are announced for it.

There's been 4 more characters revealed but these are all support characters.

dJvljUO.jpg

There's Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko’s Basketball as well as Yusuke Fujisaki, Hime Onizuka, and Kazuyoshi Usui from Sket Dance.

More characters and details have been announced in the new issue of WSJ.

First off, 3 new characters have been revealed and they're all playable:

J-Stars-Scan_12-11.jpg

From the JoJo universe there's Jonathan Joestar and Joseph Joestar. And then there's the main character of Jigoku Sensei Nube (aka Hell Teacher Nube), Meisuke "Nube" Nueno.

If you pre-order the game, it comes with the J-Stars Victory Book. This is a Jump Comic filled with info and visuals of Jump characters from the game.

More characters and details have been announced in the new issue of WSJ.

From the JoJo universe there's Jonathan Joestar and Joseph Joestar. And then there's the main character of Jigoku Sensei Nube (aka Hell Teacher Nube), Meisuke "Nube" Nueno.
Joseph Joestar....cool. Will be importing this definitely.

A new trailer is out and it shows pretty much every character in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6Jd6O3er4

And then at the very end of the trailer, two more characters are revealed for the game. Koro-sensei (from Assassination Classroom) will be a playable character and Neuro (from Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro aka Neuro: Supernatural Detective) will be a support character.

Bbr8FRwCUAAdwB6.jpg

Oh and here's the box art:

235f00f16c8a79d878de4ff307e3f7cc1387298193_full.jpg

There's been yet another round of character announcements and these are pretty big characters.

pvxpNkd.jpg

There's Seiya from Saint Seiya and Allen Walker from D.Gray-man. Seiya will be playable while Allen will be a support character. This now brings the character count up to 23 playable characters and 12 support characters. I'm sure there's still more to come too.

More info about the game was also revealed in that up to four players can play online in 2 vs. 2 matches and there will be no paid DLC characters.

Some pretty big Jump antagonists have been revealed as playable characters:

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-31.jpg

Madara Uchiha of Naruto, Freeza from DBZ, Akainu from One Piece, and Ruroni Kenshin's Makoto Shishio will all be available to play as in the game.

It was also teased that characters from Jump (like Naruto's Kakashi and Sakura) would appear in the story mode as NPCs.

And then in the silhouette towards the bottom of the image above, it seems that Aizen from Bleach and Younger Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho may be announced on the 21st  

Those silhouettes I was mentioning yesterday have since been confirmed!

JYHQo22.jpg

Aizen and Younger Toguro will be playable, while Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter will be a support character.

New trailer showing off some new gameplay and the game's theme song "FIghting Stars":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZoPEbTYRg

I'm sure some people were looking forward to this: Both Kenshiro and Raoh from Fist of the North Star will be in this game as playable characters.

New trailer is out showing the various protagonists and antagonists from Jump fighting each other. And then after that we get to see both Kenshiro and Raoh in action for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X61HfaD18m0

oh no why did I start digging through play asia stuff. gundam breaker looks like a souped up virtual on!
Gundam Breaker is amazing. I loved mixing and matching parts to create a model and sending it to the battlefield. Probably going to get the vita version too when it gets cheaper. The PS3 version is usually around $30.

Even more characters have been revealed. Here they are:

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-34.jpg

So that's 5 more characters added to the roster. The 4 playable characters are: Arale Norimaki from Dr. Slump, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo from the series of the same name, Kusuo Saiki from Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan’s and Luckyman from Tottemo Luckyman. And then the other character is a support character and it's Hinata Shoyo from Haikyu.

I was waiting on the scans before I posted anything, and they're finally up.

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-36.jpg

As you can see there are 5 more characters that have been added, with 4 of them being playable and 1 being a support character.

Portgas D. Ace (One Piece), Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter), Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), and Momotaro Tsurugi (Sakigake!! Otokojuku) will all be playable. Leaving Heihachi Edajima (Sakigake!! Otokojuku) as the support character.

This brings the roster up to 52 characters from 32 different series. There's a chance that a couple more characters will be announced, but this could end up being the final roster too.

Just curious, anyone know the item weight of the Anison version for PS3?

I just ordered it off Amiami (Since Playasia was freaking 140$ even before shipping). And I went with EMS shipping, though now I'm finding out the package might weigh so much it'll just push it back up to the 140$ range lol.

I have heard weights ranging from 1.5kg to 3kg (Depending on whether it comes with the Victory Book). Unless the book is freaking hardcover and the size of a dictionary, I don't really see how it could weigh more than a pound or two

Just curious, anyone know the item weight of the Anison version for PS3?

I just ordered it off Amiami (Since Playasia was freaking 140$ even before shipping). And I went with EMS shipping, though now I'm finding out the package might weigh so much it'll just push it back up to the 140$ range lol.

I have heard weights ranging from 1.5kg to 3kg (Depending on whether it comes with the Victory Book). Unless the book is freaking hardcover and the size of a dictionary, I don't really see how it could weigh more than a pound or two
I'm not getting the Anison edition (you rich bastard) but I'm almost positive that from what I've read/seen that the Victory Book isn't hardcover and shouldn't weigh that much. I believe it's about the same size and weight as a standard manga volume.

Weird then, every shipping estimate I have seen is upward of 1.5kg which is insane (And like 30-40$ in price). Even AmiAmi couldnt give me an estimate when I emailed.

And normally I'd pass on something like the Anison edition, but I have been hyped for this game too long to pass it up lol

I want this game so bad. Never played a J stars game but this looks brilliant. Yu yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter :0 

Any idea how hard this game would be for someone who knows no english? Trophies hard? etc

How's playing online? I wish I would've preordered this, but it's probably for the best that I didn't with everything else coming out now.

How's playing online? I wish I would've preordered this, but it's probably for the best that I didn't with everything else coming out now.
Ehh it's okay. Most of the player base is in Japan so it's not really a fair fight. Fun game nonetheless. Also this fighting game is more akin to the Naruto fighting games so I'm not sure if you would have really enjoyed it.

Ehh it's okay. Most of the player base is in Japan so it's not really a fair fight. Fun game nonetheless. Also this fighting game is more akin to the Naruto fighting games so I'm not sure if you would have really enjoyed it.
Having never played Naruto games, that's probably a safe bet. still, the videos made it look waaayy interesting and not just smooshed together fan service.

Just started playing myself, loving the game. Overwhelmed by all the Japanese though lol, though I'm sure by the time I waddle through Adventure mode someone will have made translations for the objective based stuff

Just started playing myself, loving the game. Overwhelmed by all the Japanese though lol, though I'm sure by the time I waddle through Adventure mode someone will have made translations for the objective based stuff
i dont understand why they cant just make a engligh patch that we can download?

i dont understand why they cant just make a engligh patch that we can download?
Because in Japan, all of the manga series belong to Jump, or Jump has the rights to them already. It's simple for them to make the game and they have a more expensive version to pay off the other japanese companies to use their music in the anisound edition.

However, for other countries, some of the anime are owned or dubbed by all kinds of different companies. That would require them to pay every english company involved a sum of money, cutting into profits. And this game wouldn't sell enough to make that worth it.

Or at least that's how I always understood it. Basically, compilation games like these are a nightmare to bring over to english-speaking countries. Very few ever do.

So who's everyones favorite characters?

For me it's:

Killua Zoldyck - He can do so some high damaging combos due to his electrify moves, but his dash to avoid sucks, it seems delayed.

Momotaro Tsurugi - (the Japanese high school Samurai looking guy) This dude is a beast. Charging him up to max makes him take off his coat. It's serious business then. He just hacks away at your life bar like nothing.

Luffy - Mainly got used to him due to the story mode. And a pretty bad ass super move

Joesph Joestar - Really hard to use effectively but I like his style. I think I got into using him because I was watching his arc in the JoJo anime at the time.

For assist:

Vegeta's Final Explosion, nuff said.

bread's done
Back