Looking to Buy A Tablet, Need Input

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Hey guys!

I wanted some other people's opinions and insight on what would be the best Tablet for my needs. I'm asking as I have never really looked into getting one prior, but now I am.

Okay, that said the main things I would be looking for in one are -

• A Good Battery Life
  • Internal Memory doesn't matter so much, but a must is it has to have a memory expansion for a microsd card.
  • I will be mainly using it to watch videos from streaming services, reading, and browsing forums.
  • Looking for it to be an Android based one.
  • And as far as price goes, money is tight right now, so I am looking at an investment of around $120 - $150. Being new or used doesn't necessarily matter to me.

But that is the gist of it.

The one that caught my eye initially was the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but I do not know if that model is exactly good or not.

Any input is needed and welcome! Thanks.

1sale.com (formerly 1saleaday.com) has the Nook HD+ 16GB tablet for $110 with free shipping today only, though I've seen them run the same deal several times over the last couple months. It's refurbished, but it's factory refurbished, so it's official quality. I bought the previous generation Nook Tablet earlier this year from them. It was also refurbished, but came looking brand new in a retail box.

The HD+ version has a 9 inch screen, and it's also 1080p, so it's gorgeous for watching videos. It also has a microSD slot which can add up to 32GB more storage. The only negative is no camera, but that's not a big deal unless you're specifically looking for one with a camera.

https://1sale.com/electronics/computers-tablets/bntv600-16gb

The Nook HD+ as mentioned, or perhaps the Nexus 7 :) I have the Nexus 7 first-gen (last year) and it works great - I get a lot of battery life out of mine as well. You can probably get a used one for your budget, or perhaps find a great deal on a new one.

If you can get the staples $75 off coupon, you may be able to use it on the Samsung Tab 3 which isn't a bad tablet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back