Any good Fios current customer renewal/retention offers

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
My contract is about to expire.  Currently when I log into my account they're offering to "only" raise my rates by $20 a month for the first month of a new contract and "only" raise it $50 a month for months 2-24 of the renewal contract.  Oh but they'll sweeten the pot with a $120 gift card and free HBO "A 19.99/month value" for a year. 

Now that free HBO is nice but not worth it.  The $120 gift card only amounts to a $5 a month discount.  That means the total rate hike will be over $1,000 more during the contract period.  Normally I'd call and threaten to switch to get a lower rate but with these increases it would actually be worth the inconvenience to switch.

So to the point of this thread, does anyone know of good deals for fios renewals?

edit: Nevermind, I've cancelled my service at the end of the contract and will sign up for a new contract when I qualify as a "new customer" because I'm not paying $600 a year more for the same service.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the process of signing up with the cable company I was told by them that the phone number wasn't moving.  Apparently I have to remove the disconnect order and THEN move my phone number THEN cancel fios.  So I called VZ to do this and I spoke to some other folks about my phone number moving to and they convinced me to stay.

FYI for anyone interested, you need to talk to a fios "elite" member in order to get a better deal. 

I was able to get the same service for $15 less than I'm currently paying.  I haven't upgraded to 50/25 Internet which would have increased the price $10. 

If you need to renew and they refuse, you can probably just order a disconnect of your service then call back a couple of days and ask why your phone number isn't porting to the cable company (even if you didn't call them) and they'll probably have some "new" deals for you.  I've read that they're playing hardball trying to call people's bluff.  If that's really the case, take it to the next level and order a disconnect with the follow up call a few days later.

My wife is an elite agent at a call center contracted to verizon. Verizon has started a new policy that docks the sales of agents for giving out retention discounts. The elite agents have alittlee more leeway

My wife is an elite agent at a call center contracted to verizon. Verizon has started a new policy that docks the sales of agents for giving out retention discounts. The elite agents have alittlee more leeway
So why did they offer me the retention discount after I had already cancelled service?

Update:

In a process far too complicated and convoluted to explain here, I've lowered my rate for 50/25 Internet, Extreme TV, and Phone to $59.99 + the (rental) rate for the cable box. 

bread's done
Back