• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Discuss!

Preseason is coming to an end soon and then we start with the regular games with the new conferences! Let's Go Lightning!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#2 zyk

zyk

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Surprised there isnt a thread for this already. Anyway.. Go Kings! 

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#3 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I still think the new jursey player rule for the Player safety is just stupid. Elbows I can see in a way. You think they would make Gretzy enforce that rule today? I doubt it.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#4 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

How's everybody doing. Did not pay attention to the preseason and the Wings picked up their first win yesterday. I'm excited for the new division. Hyped about this team too. Didn't want Cleary back but otherwise I like the team. Penalty kill looked good yesterday. Then again that was against the Sabres where you can afford to have two 5 on 3s against you.

#5 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Predators play their first game tonight against the Blues. Excited to see the new acquisitions play...and excited to see both Forsberg and Seth Jones on the team from day one. Really hoping Rinne has a big year too.

#6 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Man was Roy pissed off! Funny how Boudreau got scared as the glass fell.

Also glad to see Marty get the C. If they gave it to Stamkos, it just would have been stupid.

Vulcan7905.png

#7 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

After checking out a couple preseason games, I am pumped to see how the Kings perform out of the gate here against Minnesota.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#8 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I ended up winning tickets to last nights Blues and Predators game.  I was expecting nose bleed, but the seats were really nice.  I was surprised to see the game 3-0 in the first 9:31 and Nashville change goaltenders.  I'm not sure if it was just a bad night for Nashville or what.  Their power play was bad and their penalty kill seemed just as bad if not worse.  I really expected more from Nashville,  I'm wondering if they just underestimated St. Louis.  Hell it even looked like at times around the net they were getting desperate just to get a point so it wouldn't be a shutout.  I'm looking forward to the game against Chicago next week.  Hell if I can get decent seats for it I may even go to it.   

EDIT:  The start from Florida is what I expected from Nashville.  I really think that goal by Tarasenko should have been goaltender interference.  I guess the true test to see how good St. Louis is at the start will be Chicago next week.  Really thought with the speed of Florida this game would have been different.  

Posted Image

#9 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Surprised the Lightning beat the Blackhawks in a shootout. Was quite a great game played by both teams. Shows how much of a clutch Captain Martty is.

Vulcan7905.png

#10 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

I was surprised, but glad to hear that when a friend of mine told me last night.  I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago Wednesday night.  I really hope it isn't a blow out on either side.  

Posted Image

#11 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

Surprised the Lightning beat the Blackhawks in a shootout. Was quite a great game played by both teams. Shows how much of a clutch Captain Martty is.

Hopefully that gets Bishop more starts. Lindback is not starter material. 

Formerly known as slickkill77

#12 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

I still don't see Bishop as a starter though. Still, they get rid of Vinny but they keep Brewer. I don't get it. 

Vulcan7905.png

#13 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well played Quick, well played lol.

Vulcan7905.png

#14 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well it's not like we can find a goalie...so we have to go with our best bet. I still think Bishop is our best guy. Wish they would have waited and grabbed Jonathan Bernier. Well they kind of had to get rid of Vinny. I wish we could have kept him though. I guess they kept Brewer because they have such a hard time finding defense as it is

#15 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

Thought I was watching a NHL14 sharks dynasty replay. Lolol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#16 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Preds finally picked up their first win last night against Minnesota. Filip Forsberg scored his first NHL goal, with Seth Jones getting the secondary assist for his first NHL point. Really nice to see the young guys chipping in. And as usual, Nashville was outshot...34-25. Rinne with 32 saves, making me feel much better about taking him in fantasy. At the end of the day, he's my guy. But God damn, he was making me nervous the way he started the season.

#17 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Looks lime Tomas Hertl had the dirtiest play of the season so far. Kid was drafted 17th in the 2012 draft and is only 19. I see him becoming the next Crosby. (You can hate Crosby all you want, but he is an amazing player this generation so far.)

iDKZFy78hwyL3.gif

Vulcan7905.png

#18 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

The more I see that the more I hate the kid and wonder if play like that will ever make it into an NHL game from EA.

Posted Image

#19 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

The more I see that the more I hate the kid and wonder if play like that will ever make it into an NHL game from EA.

Can't hate the kid, damn happy for him. To answer your question, yes. 

Vulcan7905.png

#20 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

That goal is sick. The only thing that would have made it better is if he would have started riding his stick immediately. I mean, he was already in position for it, lol.

#21 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

That is skill but how much of it will now go to his head. Also the first 20 of the blues and blackhawk game is what I have been wanting to see and what I expected from Nashville. St. Louis seems to really be tested in this game.
Posted Image

#22 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

That is skill but how much of it will now go to his head. Also the first 20 of the blues and blackhawk game is what I have been wanting to see and what I expected from Nashville. St. Louis seems to really be tested in this game.

Well, Chicago is the defending champion, haha. I'd hope they would bring their A game. As for Nashville, I'm hoping it's just going to take a little bit for them to start gelling together. There are a lot of new faces on the team. Forsberg, Cullen, Hendricks, Nystrom, Jones, and Stalberg all weren't on the team last year. I don't really expect them to be Cup contenders this year, but they should definitely improve from what they showed last year.

#23 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Had to be a good game no? Blues look strong.

Trade List

#24 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Blues do look go this year as did Chicago. Chicago gave everything I expected to see. I will need to see more, but maybe St. Louis has what it takes this year to make it past round 2 of the playoffs. I would love to see St. Louis and Boston or St. Louis and new Jersey go at it for the cup. Also really looking forward to seeing the games against la, San Jose, and more of Chicago and Nashville.
Posted Image

#25 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hopefully that gets Bishop more starts. Lindback is not starter material. 

After watching him start, you have changed my mind. Bishop is a great starter. Lindback is def second string. 

Vulcan7905.png

#26 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Yea he's been pretty good this year. Its unfortunate that he had to miss that Penguins game. Bishop has been awesome tonight. Only goal he's given up so far was a complete defensive lapse. My nickname for Lindback is the Swedish statue  

#27 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Long story short, my roomy and I have NHL Gamecenter now.

Went to watch the Sharks game (we live in SJ) and the game... is BLACKED OUT.

WTF is the point in having fucking gamecenter if it's blacked out!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

That's a great way to keep fans NHL, keep doing that... yeah. Should've stayed locked out...

Trade List

#28 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Long story short, my roomy and I have NHL Gamecenter now.

Went to watch the Sharks game (we live in SJ) and the game... is BLACKED OUT.

WTF is the point in having fucking gamecenter if it's blacked out!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

That's a great way to keep fans NHL, keep doing that... yeah. Should've stayed locked out...

That's how all of those internet sport things work. You can watch all of the games, except the ones that air in your area on cable. There's a way around it, but I've never cared enough to figure it out.

Posted Image

#29 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

That's why I won't buy it. Also I have heard they block out playoffs.
Posted Image

#30 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's why I won't buy it. Also I have heard they block out playoffs.

Most people get the playoffs on regular television channels. Its the same way with NFL, MLB, NBA etc....