This is the NHL 2013-2014 Thread!

Vulcan2422

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
Discuss!

Preseason is coming to an end soon and then we start with the regular games with the new conferences! Let's Go Lightning!

I still think the new jursey player rule for the Player safety is just stupid. Elbows I can see in a way. You think they would make Gretzy enforce that rule today? I doubt it.

How's everybody doing. Did not pay attention to the preseason and the Wings picked up their first win yesterday. I'm excited for the new division. Hyped about this team too. Didn't want Cleary back but otherwise I like the team. Penalty kill looked good yesterday. Then again that was against the Sabres where you can afford to have two 5 on 3s against you.

Predators play their first game tonight against the Blues. Excited to see the new acquisitions play...and excited to see both Forsberg and Seth Jones on the team from day one. Really hoping Rinne has a big year too.

Man was Roy pissed off! Funny how Boudreau got scared as the glass fell.

http://youtu.be/FxW_n8keVPg

Also glad to see Marty get the C. If they gave it to Stamkos, it just would have been stupid.

After checking out a couple preseason games, I am pumped to see how the Kings perform out of the gate here against Minnesota.

I ended up winning tickets to last nights Blues and Predators game.  I was expecting nose bleed, but the seats were really nice.  I was surprised to see the game 3-0 in the first 9:31 and Nashville change goaltenders.  I'm not sure if it was just a bad night for Nashville or what.  Their power play was bad and their penalty kill seemed just as bad if not worse.  I really expected more from Nashville,  I'm wondering if they just underestimated St. Louis.  Hell it even looked like at times around the net they were getting desperate just to get a point so it wouldn't be a shutout.  I'm looking forward to the game against Chicago next week.  Hell if I can get decent seats for it I may even go to it.   

EDIT:  The start from Florida is what I expected from Nashville.  I really think that goal by Tarasenko should have been goaltender interference.  I guess the true test to see how good St. Louis is at the start will be Chicago next week.  Really thought with the speed of Florida this game would have been different.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised the Lightning beat the Blackhawks in a shootout. Was quite a great game played by both teams. Shows how much of a clutch Captain Martty is.

I was surprised, but glad to hear that when a friend of mine told me last night.  I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago Wednesday night.  I really hope it isn't a blow out on either side.  

Well it's not like we can find a goalie...so we have to go with our best bet. I still think Bishop is our best guy. Wish they would have waited and grabbed Jonathan Bernier. Well they kind of had to get rid of Vinny. I wish we could have kept him though. I guess they kept Brewer because they have such a hard time finding defense as it is

Preds finally picked up their first win last night against Minnesota. Filip Forsberg scored his first NHL goal, with Seth Jones getting the secondary assist for his first NHL point. Really nice to see the young guys chipping in. And as usual, Nashville was outshot...34-25. Rinne with 32 saves, making me feel much better about taking him in fantasy. At the end of the day, he's my guy. But God damn, he was making me nervous the way he started the season.

Looks lime Tomas Hertl had the dirtiest play of the season so far. Kid was drafted 17th in the 2012 draft and is only 19. I see him becoming the next Crosby. (You can hate Crosby all you want, but he is an amazing player this generation so far.)

iDKZFy78hwyL3.gif

The more I see that the more I hate the kid and wonder if play like that will ever make it into an NHL game from EA.

That goal is sick. The only thing that would have made it better is if he would have started riding his stick immediately. I mean, he was already in position for it, lol.

That is skill but how much of it will now go to his head. Also the first 20 of the blues and blackhawk game is what I have been wanting to see and what I expected from Nashville. St. Louis seems to really be tested in this game.

That is skill but how much of it will now go to his head. Also the first 20 of the blues and blackhawk game is what I have been wanting to see and what I expected from Nashville. St. Louis seems to really be tested in this game.
Well, Chicago is the defending champion, haha. I'd hope they would bring their A game. As for Nashville, I'm hoping it's just going to take a little bit for them to start gelling together. There are a lot of new faces on the team. Forsberg, Cullen, Hendricks, Nystrom, Jones, and Stalberg all weren't on the team last year. I don't really expect them to be Cup contenders this year, but they should definitely improve from what they showed last year.

Had to be a good game no? Blues look strong.

Blues do look go this year as did Chicago. Chicago gave everything I expected to see. I will need to see more, but maybe St. Louis has what it takes this year to make it past round 2 of the playoffs. I would love to see St. Louis and Boston or St. Louis and new Jersey go at it for the cup. Also really looking forward to seeing the games against la, San Jose, and more of Chicago and Nashville.

Yea he's been pretty good this year. Its unfortunate that he had to miss that Penguins game. Bishop has been awesome tonight. Only goal he's given up so far was a complete defensive lapse. My nickname for Lindback is the Swedish statue  

Long story short, my roomy and I have NHL Gamecenter now.

Went to watch the Sharks game (we live in SJ) and the game... is BLACKED OUT.

WTF is the point in having fucking gamecenter if it's blacked out!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

That's a great way to keep fans NHL, keep doing that... yeah. Should've stayed locked out...

Long story short, my roomy and I have NHL Gamecenter now.

Went to watch the Sharks game (we live in SJ) and the game... is BLACKED OUT.

WTF is the point in having fucking gamecenter if it's blacked out!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

That's a great way to keep fans NHL, keep doing that... yeah. Should've stayed locked out...
That's how all of those internet sport things work. You can watch all of the games, except the ones that air in your area on cable. There's a way around it, but I've never cared enough to figure it out.

Yeah there's a web site for it. I just love how game center says you can see ALL the games you want...

I'm glad I didn't pay for that fuckin bullshit... Never will.

Pekka Rinne and Jonathan Quick both were on top of their game tonight. Luckily, the Kings pulled it out in the shootout and won the game 2-1.

Any one know of a site that offers CHL games to watch?  With the St. Louis area getting a team I would like to see some of the games from time to time.

So I just moved to Indianapolis from Chicago a few months ago, and I finally got my own place this week. I don't want or need cable, just the internet. I am, however, looking for a way to watch the Hawk's games. Is there any way I can get the Hawk's games without breaking the bank (either streaming or through a cable/satellite provider)? I've never had cable or really been a sports fan, so it's hard to sift through all of the bullshit packages that Comcast is trying to scam me into.

Quick has been shit I think. Just a fluke one year, Same with Thomas and it seems like the Panthers might be having a fire sale soon.

Also love how much of a little bitch Iginlia was being to Gudas. 

That 5th goal the Blackhawks "scored" had to have been the stupidest play I've ever seen in a hockey game.  Matt Carle essentially took a slap shot from the blue line to pass the puck back to his other defenseman and he hit the puck so hard it deflected off him and went in the net. There was literally no one near either guy

The Preds are on a nice little streak 5-1-1 in their last 7. I'm hopeful it means the team is starting to gel a little better. It still makes me nervous when the defensemen are scoring a good amount of the goals, but I guess it at least means they've been moving the puck well. Weber seems to be turning it on (finally) and Seth Jones got his first GWG the other night. It's probably not a coincidence that they got Stalberg back from injury during this stretch as well.

Caps won tonight, so that's good I guess.  They're starting this season out a bit better, despite it being a longer one.

I have to say I'm surprised in Nashville.  I keep expecting more out of them.  It's nice to see someone scoring goals now for St. Louis.  Steen keeps this up and he might get 50 in 50.  Only player to have 10 goals right now is Ovechkin and that's with 11 games.  Steen has done that in 9.  This Central Division is going to be a tough one this year.

Does anyone have the link to the blog that was posted during last years lockout? Its the one from the unknown player. I was telling a coworker about it and now I can't find it.

I still wish I knew who it was

On a sidenote, I'm now a believer, slickkill , that Bishop will be our best bet. Lindback will always be second string. 

I thought at one time it was narrowed down to a player on a Canadian team.  I saw that it is out as an ebook now.  

I still wish I knew who it was

On a sidenote, I'm now a believer, slickkill , that Bishop will be our best bet. Lindback will always be second string.
Yea it's still a shame that Bishop missed the Penguins game with an injury. I feel like we would have won that game. The Lightning have to figure out the Bruins and the Devils though. I don't know what it is about the Devils but the Lightning just fold like wet paper against them. The thing that amazes me the most about this team is the fact that they can go a whole period without a shot and yet they are still one of the top offensive teams. Hopefully Druin is the real deal next year. Seth Jones is doing really well in Nashville

The NHL's schedule is so wacky this year. The Lightning played a game last Saturday. Then they didn't have a game until this Thursday.Then they play Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

It's crazy that with losing Detroit and Columbus, and gaining Winnipeg (and having 2 fewer teams), the Western Conference is still incredibly beastly right now. They have 10 teams with 18 or more points. The Eastern Conference has 6 teams with 18 or more points. 18 points would get you 2nd place in the Metrosexual division, lol. :lol:

Isn't the win loss record for Western Conference and Eastern Conference in favor of the west?  Last I had heard was the west has beat the east in most of the games played against.  Also last I looked the east had more teams close to the bottom of the list with only 4 or 5 wins.  Doesn't look like a good year for the east.  However only 14 to 17? games into the season so anything can change.

bread's done
Back