Amazon GTAV guide strategy limited

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WalterCronkite

WalterCronkite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

I know Amazon prices change willy nilly but just thought it's still cheaper than normal.

If you just want a nice center piece on a coffee table why not pick it up, it's cheaper than the retail paperback edition (also on amazon for $14.99).

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

#2 dominator

dominator

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Ugh, well looks like I'm returning my copy of back to GS. lol Oh well, it's a good thing I kept mine sealed.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#3 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

the litho in this is actually quite nice

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#4 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I meant to ask how is the quality of the guide as far as details and writing is concerned because I was interested in picking it up but I've seen it sold-out at a few Bestbuys I went to.

#5 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

The guide is gorgeous. Huge, and the lithograph is very nice as well. I really like the guide..

Just a note though, Amazon always has the special edition guides for around twenty on release day. I normally price match when I pick up the pre-order if I like the game enough.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#6 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

gonna wait till tonight and try to price match at BB, I dont have prime and dont wanna pay for shipping/buy something else

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#7 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Would BBY price match Amazon and also accept the 50% off strategy guide coupon from the Gamers Club Unlocked welcome pack?

#8 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Would BBY price match Amazon and also accept the 50% off strategy guide coupon from the Gamers Club Unlocked welcome pack?

Nope, one or the other, as that's considered double-dipping. Even if you get a manager willing to do both (YMMV), I'm pretty sure they won't stack.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

No.

#10 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have the link to the lithograph: http://www.bestbuy.c...41008&sellerId=

It costs $5 + $1.99 for shipping or free in store pickup in 5-7 days. You do realize that Amazon.com is pricing matching walmart.com for the strategy  guides. I got mine for free because I used $10 in RZ Certificates and $5.41 from the Target Tomb Raider deal.

#11 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this OP! Nice hardcover edition! This was going for something like $37-$38 at my local GameStop, so this was a good deal for me. it should show up on Monday, along with the copy of Worms Collection for PS3 that was $18 (Prime shipping) through a 3rd party seller on Amazon. I didn't even know they came out with a Worms collection on consoles, so I was happy to see it on there :)

PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Nintendo Network - stryk187

ach.png

#12 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Wait a little confused... Is the best buy lithograph a exclusive DIFFERENT additional one that comes prepacked with the LE guide?

#13 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

Wait a little confused... Is the best buy lithograph a exclusive DIFFERENT additional one that comes prepacked with the LE guide?

Yes.

#14 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered one since I am going all in with GTA V items at this point lol.

#15 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

I've bought one "limited edition" strategy guide in my life, and two years later, that "limited edition" guide is still for sale...

#16 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up!  I was going to get the regular guide from Gamestop, but I'll wait a bit if it means getting the limited edition guide for around the same price.  I was even able to get another Amazon Prime trial, so I don't have to wait very long to get it.

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.