Toys R Us Online Code FRIENDS20 (20% off order, includes PS4 and Xbox One games)

Number83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Apply code FRIENDS20 for 20% off your entire order.  Works on XB1 and PS4 Pre-Order games.  Free Shipping too on select games. 

Deal is DEAD on the Pre-Orders

XBOX360: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906693

PS3: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906705

WiiU: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902636

3DS: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902678

PSVita: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906766

No Longer usable: 

Xbox One Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320146

PlayStation 4 Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320536

EDIT: Grabbed Coupon image from Dealcatcher.  Hardware is excluded.

print_1379593775.gif

Double Secret Edit:  Also included in the TRU 1.0 Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308996-tru-10-grand-theft-auto-v-offer-10-gift-card-free-rockstar-game-1999-and-under-10-credit-for-loyalty-members-919-921-friends-family/

Last edited by a moderator:
FRIENDS25 for 25 percent off if you pay using a toysRus branded credit card.  There is also a coupon to print out on toysrus.com if you want to shop instore.

Not finding Nintendo eShop point cards online... was hoping to try that out :/

May be worth trying out on other pre-orders...

If you preorder games with TRU when do they charge? Up front?
According to my Order Confirmation:

An important note about debit and credit card transactions:

Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank.

I cant remember, is it easy to cancel an order online at tru.com?
Looks pretty easy...in the email confirmation there is a link.

It does say that the option to cancel your order is available for a limited time, and when it is available there is a 'Cancel Order" button next to your order. I would assume a pre-order would have that button until processing, but I am not sure.

According to my Order Confirmation:

An important note about debit and credit card transactions:

Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank.
Thanks.

Canceled my amazon orders for BF4/Watch Dogs on PS4. Tried to add a PS4 controller but it made shipping skyrocket (free shipping was only for games) =S Still a great deal though!  Thanks, OP!

EDIT: Also tossed in Wind Waker HD and Sonic Lost World!

$24 off and free shipping for two xbone games, sign me up.

Does this work in store as well? If it does I might go grab GTAV tomorrow with it.

does that authorization hold make money unavailable from your bank? good deal but i dontt want $200 being tied up for the next few months..

I want this but at the same time having to wait for shipping seems to kill this for me.

I want my games at 12:01am so that during that whole Friday (that I call in sick) I can game the whole time.

Any idea on the free shipping times? Battlefield says it will ship on the 19th which should hopefully make it by the 22nd then. Black Flag still has a placeholder of 12/31 and then Ryse and Dead Rising 3 all say 11/22

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your order # __________. As a result, your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS (869-7787) for further assistance.

Here is a review of your cancelled order:

Item: 16411895 Description: Forza 5 Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $48.00

Item: 16411552 Description: Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $47.99

Item: 16411859 Description: Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $47.99

:cry:

EDIT* I didn't have funds in my account, transfered money and  tried it again and the money was taken out from my pay pal account and the confirmation is being processed right now.

I put a preorder in for Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and BF4 and still no confirmation or anything yet, though the charge is showing up on Chase.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your order # __________. As a result, your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS (869-7787) for further assistance.

Here is a review of your cancelled order:

Item: 16411895 Description: Forza 5 Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $48.00

Item: 16411552 Description: Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $47.99

Item: 16411859 Description: Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition for Xbox One One Color Quantity: 1 @ $47.99
:cry:

Damn, I was stacking up all the pre-orders, and then I see this.

I got the acknowledgement email, as tru calls it, for both my original pre-orders immediately after I ordered and then just now I got the Confirmation Email for my first pre-order.

Thank you for ordering from us. Your order number is XXXXXXXXX and the pre-ordered item(s) below will be processed at its scheduled release date. As it is processed, you'll receive additional emails about its status.

For  those asking about shipping, TRU is rather slow in that department, even though they say priority they use ups smartpost crap for mine, Last game I preordered was Diablo 3, Released Tuesday, processed and shipped Wednesday, Received the following monday.

Well that may clinch it for me. Placed a preorder for DR3, Forza 5, and Knack. I'm a sucker for bonus DLC but I really like to get one game at launch so I guess I was going to buy 2/3 of these anyway. I didn't see an option for shoprunner shipping. It still doesn't work for videogames, correct?

It does a pre-authorization on your account for the amount which I don't think Newegg or Amazon does. I'm showing a negative balance in my checking account because of it. 

Edit I guess that was already addressed on page 1. 

I placed an order for Infamous Second Son

I wouldve liked to pre-ordered Killzone and Watch Dogs, but I can't wait for shipping since I'll have my PS4 day 1, and gonna need something to play. 

I missed when Newegg did this sale every month. 

Well that may clinch it for me. Placed a preorder for DR3, Forza 5, and Knack. I'm a sucker for bonus DLC but I really like to get one game at launch so I guess I was going to buy 2/3 of these anyway. I didn't see an option for shoprunner shipping. It still doesn't work for videogames, correct?
Did they charge you up front?

Did they charge you up front?

Haven't looked at my account. It's a real pain to log on to citibank's website so I'm not going to bother to check if it did or not. It doesn't really matter either way to me.

Also, why the heck do they not allow in-store pickups for preorders? It seems absurd to not be able to preorder pickup. They would know exactly how many preorders to stock before the game releases so I don't get why they don't. I'll probably end up doing a purchase/return so I can play these on release day anyway.

Not working for me 9/19 at 10:20AM PST.  Says the discount doesn't apply.  Tried with Watch Dogs for PS4, then NBA 2k14, then Infamous, none worked. 

Wasn't working in Chrome browser, works in all others.

bread's done
Back