- - - - -

RetroN 5 gets a release date!

retron 5 retro retron5 Hyperkin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RatedU4Ugly

RatedU4Ugly

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

he RetroN 5 will be released this December! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

#2 SuperDerek

SuperDerek

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm kind of conflicted when it comes to this system. Part of me is a console purist, loves original hardware, and I'm not a big fan of emulating stuff if I can own something legitimate. But on the other hand, this is something that would seriously de-clutter my living room, and play games from other regions. Not to mention that a single HDMI cable would be extremely convenient.

Personally, I actually wish they'd take it a step farther  though, and  create a system that can emulate disc-based systems, since those seem to be the systems that fail the most often, and are most finicky. And I don't mean PS2 or Xbox, obviously, but if they could play Sega CD and games for the TurboGrafx16-CD, I'd be on-board. And if they did N64/PSX/Saturn, I'd be happy with that as well.

But for the time being, I think I'll keep my original hardware around.

#3 ludus

ludus

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I've made up my mind and I will be getting one of these bad boys. There's so many retro games that I can play on it, plus famicom games work on it, so I can finally build up a collection of famicom games. :D

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#4 John Wayne

John Wayne

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Cant wait for it to release in Europe.

#5 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

That looks pretty sleek, will be keeping an eye out for it.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retron 5, retro, retron5, Hyperkin