PS Vita TV Pre-Order Available at PlayAsia

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys,

Didn't see this posted anywhere. If so- sorry.
I pre-ordered one. You usually can get it 7-14 days after it is released.

There are not many places taking pre-orders for this now, but you can get the standard PS Vita TV version HERE for $149.99

They show the bundled version with the controller HERE, but it is currently OOS. No Price Given.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to wait for it to come to the US. Play-Asia is charging a $55 premium over the retail price before shipping cost. The thing retails for 9480 yen which equals to $95.45 right now.

I think I'm going to wait for it to come to the US. Play-Asia is charging a $55 premium over the retail price before shipping cost. The thing retails for 9480 yen which equals to $95.45 right now.
Ouch- Guess they are going after the "can't-wait-need-it-now" crowd...like me. lol

They've been kind of squirrely about whether or not the U.S. is even going to get this. I'm sure we will, but it may be awhile. Understandable decision though.
Not Squirrely.... they just don't have a "release" date to announce at this current time. It will likely be announced around the time Gaikai goes live in the USA. (The same time remote play)

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/378462131529609216
https://twitter.com/yosp/statuses/378122954225106945
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/378367856879992832

Ouch- Guess they are going after the "can't-wait-need-it-now" crowd...like me. lol
It's best to wait on this thing, since we got to see how many games work with it and how well some of them work. Right now there is a list of confirmed games, but some bigger ones like GD and Uncharted don't.

do NOT buy this from play-asia. massively overpriced
Well this is a bit of a double edge sword. Play-Asia is 100% hassle free (next to say importing it from Amazon, which you can't even order) and is sure to have them on release due to the price. Certainly not worth it in the long run, but if you absolutely must have one, then 50% mark up isn't terrible.

Will wait for the USA version as well. If Nintendo were smart they would release a DS TV so they finally have a good home console with a huge collection of great games to play on it.

I could probably do a Google search to answer this, but what does it do and does it require a live broadband connection? At first, I thought it streamed games to the Vita. Then, I think I read that it sends games from the Vita to your television. Can anybody clarify what Vita TV actually does? Thanks.

I could probably do a Google search to answer this, but what does it do and does it require a live broadband connection? At first, I thought it streamed games to the Vita. Then, I think I read that it sends games from the Vita to your television. Can anybody clarify what Vita TV actually does? Thanks.
It is pretty much a Playstation Vita without a screen, that is able to be connected directly to your TV. This means that you can play your PS Vita (Card and Digital), PSP (Digital), and PS1 (Digital) games. It can also be used to stream PS4 games to whatever TV it is connected to. The system uses a PS3 controller to play all of the games. Broadband is not required unless you want to use streaming services such as Netflix or online play.

I thought it wasn't going to be released in the US?  Kind of like the Play TV or whatever it was that was supposed to be a DVR for the ps3, I was looking forward to that and it only happened in Japan.  Wasn't there one also only for the PSP in Japan?

I thought it wasn't going to be released in the US? Kind of like the Play TV or whatever it was that was supposed to be a DVR for the ps3, I was looking forward to that and it only happened in Japan. Wasn't there one also only for the PSP in Japan?
Well Torne wasn't exactly something that would do well here. They probably thought the same for Vita TV, but demand surprised them. Similar to the HDMI recording, since that is being added via patch.

Will this thing have english menus, etc. ?
If it is anything like the PSP, PS3 and PSV, yes. Sony does a universal firmware, which includes a bunch of different languages. It will probably have Japanese by default, though it should be changeable.

bread's done
Back