Legend of grimrock custom portraits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

just started playing this game, its kinda fun. But the default character portraits are very limited. I see theres an import portrait option, but no instructinos on how to make them. Is there a reliable site out there with a good selection of custom icons for the game?

barring that at least a tutorial site that would show how to make them yourself. File type, size, ect

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

http://www.grimrock....c.php?f=3&t=284

21. How do I use custom portraits?
The custom portraits follow the dimensions 128x128 and are .tga files.

You drop them in:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\Portraits
From there you just start a new game and import them in.

Also FastStone has a decent free solution for batch processing. (will convert, resize, etc.)

edit: Oops...just checked their viewer and it doesn't look like it batch converts to *.tga (can still save each file as *.tga using the viewer though) so I must have used something else for that but the batch resize stuff is good either way.

sudo mklove

#3 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

thanks stumbled on that site and have been browsing it. Still cant find a good place to get portraits though. Im gonna make a couple and snag a few from there. I saw a post on some awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles realistic looking avatars but was having trouble finding a link

guess there isn't a good repository for portaits from this game

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I saw a post on some awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles realistic looking avatars but was having trouble finding a link

As in this screenshot?: http://cloud.steampo...12877C9EAC89BF/

If that's the one then you're in luck 'cause that's my screenshot. :booty:[ Dropbox link for all 15 Grimrock TMNT portraits ]

The original portraits are done by a guy named David Rapoza. (Deviant Art Gallery)

sudo mklove