Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Gamestop Blast From the Past console bundles. wii and 360

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

XBox 360 20gb refurbished console (114.99)  

Modern Warfare 3

Mass Effect 2

Gears of War 3

Homefront

Halo Reach

Splinter Cell Conviction

20gb hd

1 controller

http://www.gamestop....HTLIoQYJZO4cbPA

Wii refurbished console (79.99)

Disney Epic Mickey

Wii Sports

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga

Nerf-n-Strike

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Wii Play

1 remote

1 nunchuk

1 av cable

1 ac cable

1 sensor

http://www.gamestop....V7q9J1Y7ccHgQKw

#2 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

wii deal seems fine if mediocre i wouldnt touch a 360 that old though

#3 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

the game bundles are pretty nice for new console owners. The Greatest Hits one and RPG ones foe sure

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#4 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Besides Homefront, that bundle for the 360 is excellent. Too bad the console will most likely give you RROD eventually.

#5 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Besides Homefront, that bundle for the 360 is excellent. Too bad the console will most likely give you RROD eventually.

Homefront wasn't a bad game. Just short and not a lot of people online.

Do the links in the OP redirect you to this thread again or is it just me?

#6 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I was going to post the game bundles too but figured everyone would see them on the site. This is really for people new to xbox on the console bundles. Or an extra console

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I thought this bundle was mighty generous of Gamestop and then I remembered a complete Wii trade in was a paltry $17.  Looking at Craigslist, people still believe the console to sell for $100.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#8 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I thought this bundle was mighty generous of Gamestop and then I remembered a complete Wii trade in was a paltry $17.  Looking at Craigslist, people still believe the console to sell for $100.

ESPECIALLY with the holidays coming up.

#9 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Not bad, I like Homefront a lot too but like others have said, not sure I would touch an old model 360 with a 10 foot pole.

#10 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

If I weren't in the market for a used Wii U I'd consider that Wii bundle. It's not actually that bad. Kid-centric, sure, but hey. $80 for that isn't bad.

#11 bgrngod

bgrngod

CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

What's the deal with the links looping back to this thread?

wii deal seems fine if mediocre i wouldnt touch a 360 that old though

These are refurbs.  They go through a bit of effort to make sure they won't RROD before flipping them.  I know of a number of GS bought refurbs that haven't had any problems at all.

I might buy 2 more so I can have my Forza setup without needing to move/borrow both my 360 and my wife's.

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

never buy a used non slim 360, those things are like c4 explosives lmao
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#13 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Not bad, I like Homefront a lot too but like others have said, not sure I would touch an old model 360 with a 10 foot pole.

I could understand not wanting to buy and own one, but why wouldn't you want to touch one? It's not like it has HIV or something...

#14 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Just so you know, you people are much better of going to eBay for bundles. These prices are fair at best. Gamestop's MSRPs are well above average to begin with, so a "sale" isn't always a sale. A complete Wii on eBay is like $45, not $80, or whatever the hell Gamestop sells them for...

#15 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

you can get homefront for $4 currently at gamestop. It's a decent game just hard. Also I haven't seen a 20gb xbox that didn't rrod. I barely played mine because of it and it still ended up rrod. I only have like 6000 game points after owning the system for 3 years

#16 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Just so you know, you people are much better of going to eBay for bundles. These prices are fair at best. Gamestop's MSRPs are well above average to begin with, so a "sale" isn't always a sale. A complete Wii on eBay is like $45, not $80, or whatever the hell Gamestop sells them for...

The plus side of these bundles vs ebay, is being able to go directly to a B&M location and swap out possible disc-only/scratched copies of the games, or even the console itself I suppose. Don't have to deal with return shipping necessarily, or file any claims.

Gamestop's return policys are the only thing that keep me going back these day anyhow.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#17 cacushion

cacushion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Picked up the XBox 360 deal for my 9-year-old son.  The Gamestop closest to me was actually selling the deal in-store (they basically buy it through the online store for you, but they cover the shipping). 

The good news is, when I told them it was for my young son, they said I could trade in the six M-rated games for E-rated games.  YMMV, but they said any manager would Ok the trade.

#18 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Any of those old 20 gb systems are a ticking time bomb... YMMV on those systems so buyers beware!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#19 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Picked up the XBox 360 deal for my 9-year-old son.  The Gamestop closest to me was actually selling the deal in-store (they basically buy it through the online store for you, but they cover the shipping). 

The good news is, when I told them it was for my young son, they said I could trade in the six M-rated games for E-rated games.  YMMV, but they said any manager would Ok the trade.

For as much flack as we all like to give Gamestop, this is worth repeating. That's awesome to hear them do.

#20 bappt

bappt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

There's a PS3 version for $169

http://www.gamestop....m-bundle/107277

There was an earlier bundle for a 40GB for $129, but I'm returning that to a store as soon as it arrives.

#21 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

There's a PS3 version for $169
http://www.gamestop....m-bundle/107277

There was an earlier bundle for a 40GB for $129, but I'm returning that to a store as soon as it arrives.

this is an awful bundle if you've ever had an Xbox or ps3. Those games are a terrible package.

#22 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

That's one of the things I can applaud Nintendo on. At least if you buy a preowned older model of a system, you know it's most likely going to work. Buy an old 360? RROD is a big problem. Buy an old PS2? Disc Read Errors.

Buy an old NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, or Wii? Outside of maybe needing a new pin connector for the NES, rock solid.

The Wii bundle seems mediocre though when Cowboom has grade 5 Wiis up for $40 right now. And probably will stay that way, or lower in price as time goes on, since there's 100 million Wiis worldwide in circulation. 

#23 mutantchipmunk

mutantchipmunk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

so many people hatin' on the old xbox's. if its the super early ones without hdmi then they'll last as long as a ps3. i have one thats non-hdmi and its still going strong although i cant help but think everytime i play it its going to die, its like driving a ford. But the reason is the first batch used lead solder so it holds better than the later ones that have the RRoD.
Posted Image