Meijer 20 percent off Kindle Cards, 10 percent off Electronics

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

You just need to sign up for an mperks account online for free to take advantage. 

Sale is Friday and Saturday this week, 9/27-9-/28

#2 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

One more thing in case people are confused. Kindle Cards are considered General Merchandise which is why you are able to get 20 percent off, I've done this a couple time personally. 

#3 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

FYI the 20% is on one item so plan accordingly.  If you can find a rechargeable card then I think you can get more than $50.

Posted Image

#4 srac84

srac84

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

so psn cards are 10% and amazon kindle cards are 20?

#5 srac84

srac84

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

also i thought I heard something about meijer carrying a new type of amazon kindle card that lets you charge it up until $500 which would actually be 400 with the mperks coupon :)

#6 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

also i thought I heard something about meijer carrying a new type of amazon kindle card that lets you charge it up until $500 which would actually be 400 with the mperks coupon :)

You are correct sir, They have the 25, the 50, and a black card that lets you put any amount between 15-500

#7 BobTheFlub

BobTheFlub

Sepulchritude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Just a heads up, last time I tried using the 20% off coupon it didn't work, but the 10% off Electronics did. I think it's because Electronics is technically a sub-section of General Merchandise, and since there's a separate coupon, it only works with that. Or maybe it was a mess up on my end, but in any case, make sure you pay attention to what discount gets applied.

#8 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

has a reward coupon for  6 off 40 in Electronics

could buy a  40 buck game get 10% off and then get another 6...   40 buck for 30  

WOOOO I STINK

#9 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

You are correct sir, They have the 25, the 50, and a black card that lets you put any amount between 15-500

I don't have a Meijer near me, can you get them online by any chance?

:hot: Earn free Amazon Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#10 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

I feel like the last time they did this, the Kindle card rang up as an electronics item for me, and I only got the 10% off..just saying, proceed with caution there.

#11 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

last time they did the 20% off an item it worked fine for me on the $15-$500 amazon card. I had to do multiple transactions but was able to use the mperks coupon that was loaded to my account for each transaction. Didn't need the printed coupons at all

#12 AMillsy

AMillsy

Northern Michigan CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

@BobTheFlub is right. As someone who has personally taken advantage of these deals many, many times I can all but guarantee that the 10% off electronics will override the 20% off general merchandise because Kindle, PSN, Microsoft Points, etc. are all considered electronics in Meijer's system.

The 20% also says it excluded electronics.

Still, $45 for a $50 GC isn't bad. I'm sure the "Meijer Bucks" coupons for better discounts on these cards will show up around Halloween, though.

#13 srac84

srac84

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

hmmm if the kindle card turns out to be general merchandise and gives the 20% off.. if you wanted a psn card you could just buy it off of amazon as a code :) and it'll be available instantly so either way you could still ge the 20% and combine it with the current spend 50 get 10 back psn promo until october 29 thats going on..

#14 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

@BobTheFlub is right. As someone who has personally taken advantage of these deals many, many times I can all but guarantee that the 10% off electronics will override the 20% off general merchandise because Kindle, PSN, Microsoft Points, etc. are all considered electronics in Meijer's system.

The 20% also says it excluded electronics.

Still, $45 for a $50 GC isn't bad. I'm sure the "Meijer Bucks" coupons for better discounts on these cards will show up around Halloween, though.

Then just don't clip the 10% electronics coupon and only the 20% general merchandise one and there shouldn't be a problem.

#15 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Then just don't clip the 10% electronics coupon and only the 20% general merchandise one and there shouldn't be a problem.

Ha! Never even thought about that. I just unclipped the 10% one.  I will hopefully at least get a $50 card for $40.

Only issue is if the excludes electronics for the 20% coupon prohibits Kindle cards.

Posted Image

#16 vtalon

vtalon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

The last time (8/30/13) Meijer  had a 10% off electronics and 20% off general merchandise they stacked for me.  But since the cashier was helping me she said it wasn't suppose to.  She then called her boss.  I am not sure if they then changed it in the computer for it not to happen again.  This was at before 7:00 am on the Friday of the sale.  Maybe this is why timberwolfbobby only got 10% off.

#17 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Listen to the tiny trollop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Last time I tried to buy kindle cards, no discount was applied at all until the cashier manually put it in. Even then, she only gave me a 10% discount. My plan was to purchase multiple kindle cards, but I just ended up putting them all back because I didn't want to attract unnecessary attention to myself. It was at the self-check out lane.

#18 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

I never had issues doing the 20% last time weird.

#19 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

I never had issues doing the 20% last time weird.

Me neither, had no troubles last time.

#20 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

Guess I'm going to have to have to find some more BBY credit to spend at Meijer.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#21 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Ha! Never even thought about that. I just unclipped the 10% one.  I will hopefully at least get a $50 card for $40.

Only issue is if the excludes electronics for the 20% coupon prohibits Kindle cards.

I've done it two different times when it said 20 percent off general merchandise, hopefully it works again but I don't see why it wouldn't. 

#22 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

I don't have a Meijer near me, can you get them online by any chance?

sorry in store only.

#23 GaminFanatic

GaminFanatic

CAG Apprentice

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I know someone who works at Meijer, it would be amazing if their employee discount stacks on top of this...

#24 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I know someone who works at Meijer, it would be amazing if their employee discount stacks on top of this...

I worked at meijer during the summer. You get a 10 percent discount card on general merchandise and it does stack with whatever promotion or sale they have including summer/winter bucks and mperks.

#25 GaminFanatic

GaminFanatic

CAG Apprentice

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I worked at meijer during the summer. You get a 10 percent discount card on general merchandise and it does stack with whatever promotion or sale they have including summer/winter bucks and mperks.

Well, it's certainly worth a shot then. Hopefully my Meijer carries the special black cards and I can get a major discount on a PS4.

#26 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I wish Kroger would do this. That would lead to so much discounted money. 

#27 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

If this actually works, I will need to head over to Meijer after work tomorrow.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I wish I knew what a Meijer is.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#29 Peyton_Manning

Peyton_Manning

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wish I knew what a Meijer is.

I think it's like Target. 

KY, IL, OH, IN, MI

If I were to want a 500 card, it would almost be worth it for me to drive to KY for 50 dollars after gas. Been wanting to go to Mammoth Caves. 

#30 fantasyphil

fantasyphil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

heres a question, I want to buy a 500 dollar card. Thats a black amazon gift card at meijer? Do i do self check out or do I have to go to cashier? Thanks!