The Wonderful 101 (Wii U) $50.83 + Free Shipping @Amazon

jholden3249

CAGiversary!
The Wonderful 101 is listed for just $50.83 at Amazon.com right now, tax-free* with free shipping. The official Prima guide is also discounted to $15.61, and if you buy both together an ADDITIONAL 5% is knocked off the price of the game, for a combo price of $63.90.

Not a bad price for a new game, and a fantastic one at that. I pre ordered my copy and just finished beating the game today- I'd definitely rank W101 as one of the funnest games I've played on the Wii U, perhaps even better than Pikmin 3.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in jumping on this:

The Wonderful 101

*** You will be subject to sales tax if you live in one of the following 12 states:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Georgia
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Pennsylvania
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Great game and I hope they make another as it is very fun and so underrated. For those that say the Wii U is dead, too gimmicky, have no exclusive third party games, not next gen, etc... need to wake up and buy this game now as there are some great games for the system currently. You need to support the developers that make these games or they will stop developing for the Wii U and it is as simple as that.

Got this one on my radar simply for the fact it is a Platinum Games game. Everything they have made that I have played has been tons of fun. They definitely know how to put fun first in a game.

That being said, I'm definitely in when this hits my standard $20 price tag. Being a WiiU game and me being broke and still needing to save ~$700 for the new consoles in November means I'll have to wait to snag this gem. Maybe by then they will decide to port it over to one of my preferred consoles so I can play it on one of them. I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2 in much the same way.

I agree. Great game and I hope they make another as it is very fun and so underrated. For those that say the Wii U is dead, too gimmicky, have no exclusive third party games, not next gen, etc... need to wake up and buy this game now as there are some great games for the system currently. You need to support the developers that make these games or they will stop developing for the Wii U and it is as simple as that.
Do you or someone else want to explain how this game is underrated? It has a 78/100 score on Metacritic, most reviewers gave it something in the 8+ range (the few that "didn't get it" gave it a 5 or 6 that tanked the score on Meta), it has a 8.2 average with fans on meta (some people gave it as low as 2, which tanked that), Amazon has 11 5x stars and only 1 score below that at 1, most people on Gamefaqs rave it's amazing, most fans claim it's amazing, all buzz since the demo released was pretty much good, so are we REALLY at a point where scoring before a 9 makes a game underrated? I mean really... are we going to call games that get good scores under dogs because they didn't maintain an average like Grand Theft Auto? Even if you're talking about it in terms of sales... the game got almost no advertising, an extremely low production run (at least in Japan) and came out a little over a week ago with Grand Theft Auto right around the corner...

---

On topic. It's a solid game. Might buy and return my copy to BestBuy.

Got this one on my radar simply for the fact it is a Platinum Games game. Everything they have made that I have played has been tons of fun. They definitely know how to put fun first in a game.

That being said, I'm definitely in when this hits my standard $20 price tag. Being a WiiU game and me being broke and still needing to save ~$700 for the new consoles in November means I'll have to wait to snag this gem. Maybe by then they will decide to port it over to one of my preferred consoles so I can play it on one of them. I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2 in much the same way.
Sorry bud, only console you'll ever play The Wonderful 101 on is the Nintendo Wii U. Nintendo published the game, and they own the IP. You'll see Mario on PS4 before you'll ever see this game on another console. Same for Bayonetta 2- Wii U only forever. Sonic Lost World too, it was part of an exclusivity deal with Nintendo. They're starting to lock in the exclusives so they can't ever be ported...

Damn I played the demo and I was REALLY impressed. If I didnt have $600+ tied up with the PS4 and 3DS and Wii U games I would prolly get this game. For now I will wait.

I want to buy it but I can see this game going for $20 or $30 on black friday and being a fairly easy grab in a packed crowd due to being so niche in appeal. Heck, I could see it for $10 during a Best Buy daily deal if they go hard like they did for their holiday game sales like last year.

Do you or someone else want to explain how this game is underrated? It has a 78/100 score on Metacritic, most reviewers gave it something in the 8+ range (the few that "didn't get it" gave it a 5 or 6 that tanked the score on Meta), it has a 8.2 average with fans on meta (some people gave it as low as 2, which tanked that), Amazon has 11 5x stars and only 1 score below that at 1, most people on Gamefaqs rave it's amazing, most fans claim it's amazing, all buzz since the demo released was pretty much good, so are we REALLY at a point where scoring before a 9 makes a game underrated? I mean really... are we going to call games that get good scores under dogs because they didn't maintain an average like Grand Theft Auto? Even if you're talking about it in terms of sales... the game got almost no advertising, an extremely low production run (at least in Japan) and came out a little over a week ago with Grand Theft Auto right around the corner...

---

Totally agree with that,the term underrated gets thrown around way too often, I see games that got endless praise and 9s get called underrated far too often. I also agree that 7.8 is a pretty good score. However unfortunately the gaming community gets too attached to scores. Websites hand out 10s and 9s so frequently that when a game with a dedicated following or a 1st party game gets an 8 the comment sections will be filled with people upset about the score.

The logic basically goes "that game got a 9 or 10 and this game is just as good or better so why is this score lower? "

Instead of seeing a 5 as average the gaming community sees a 7 as an average, sort of like at school where anything below a 7 is a failure. So by that frame of mind the majority of the gaming community would describe a 7.8 as passable. I really don't think that we should be at a point where a 7.8 is considered a bad score, but that's where we're at. The sad thing is that some people get so attached to these scores many won't play or are very reluctant to play a game that gets a 7, let alone a 6 or anything below.

Sorry bud, only console you'll ever play The Wonderful 101 on is the Nintendo Wii U. Nintendo published the game, and they own the IP. You'll see Mario on PS4 before you'll ever see this game on another console. Same for Bayonetta 2- Wii U only forever. Sonic Lost World too, it was part of an exclusivity deal with Nintendo. They're starting to lock in the exclusives so they can't ever be ported...

Well that is disappointing. Still planning on getting it anyway. Just waiting till it hits my buy price regardless of porting.

---

Sales have not been stellar. The hype is not something that rivals a PS3/360 big releases and it has not had any commercials to advertise. I go to my Best Buy and Target the day of the release and neither even knew or had copies of this game out on the floor the day of its release. The staff did not even know that the game came out. These things hurt the potential sales of the game with no public knowledge of its existence. I know this is not true for all regions, but I am going off of what I am seeing firsthand.

Well that is disappointing. Still planning on getting it anyway. Just waiting till it hits my buy price regardless of porting.
I think you'll appreciate playing it on Wii U anyways- it's a game that really wouldn't work on another console. Not just because of the touch-glyph mechanics, drawing shapes for weapons on the gamepad (because highly skilled players such as myself prefer the right analogue, as will you with practice I'm sure), but because the game is packed with 2 screen puzzles where you enter a builing , cave, or cube and control your heroes on the gamepad while paying attention to how you're affecting the environment outside of the building, cave or cube.

For example, in one mission you jump inside a cube, and each of its six sides have a colored jewel on it. On the gamepad you can only see inside the tiny cube you're in, but on the TV you see the cube from above. The floor starts dropping and you have to "roll" the cube left, right, and forward to progress down the path that's still standing. You can only see 3 sides of the cube from the view on the TV, so if you need to go forward and there's a purple jewel on the BACK of the cube, you have to look for the jewel opposite the purple one from inside the cube on the gamepad, and punch it to roll it forward one square. Puzzles like these litter the game, and I just don't think that could be reproduced on another console.

I want to buy it but I can see this game going for $20 or $30 on black friday and being a fairly easy grab in a packed crowd due to being so niche in appeal. Heck, I could see it for $10 during a Best Buy daily deal if they go hard like they did for their holiday game sales like last year.
True indeed, but all games will eventually be dirt cheap if you wait. And by the time price DOES drop you lose interest, because some new game is now being hyped up. And usually you just forget about it, and end up missing out on a real gem. There's also something to be said for buying a game while it's still fairly new I think, when people are talking about it and the hype is still in effect so to speak. I bought DKC Returns 3D and Darksiders 2 for my brother for his coming birthday, but those games probably won't be as exciting to him as something that just came out. That's how I feel anyways. I love playing a game when it's hot out the kitchen...

Damn I played the demo and I was REALLY impressed. If I didnt have $600+ tied up with the PS4 and 3DS and Wii U games I would prolly get this game. For now I will wait.
Yeah, there's ALOT of games coming out all at once, mostly on Wii U and 3DS. I also pre ordered a PS4, game, and 2nd controller, which was well over $500 even being tax-free. But honestly, I don't even know why I'm buying a PS4. There's no games on it I want (I'm buying CoD Ghosts, AC 4 and Watch Dogs on Wii U- love me some gamepad integration, and GOTTA have my motion controls for CoD). I'm just buying Killzone so I'll have something to play right away. I was all excited at first, but now that my emotion has settled, I'm realizing that I'm spending over $500 and won't have a single game I really want to play. But, I can afford it so, why not. I mean, I know I'd get one eventually anyways. But it's probably gonna collect dust for half a year until some of the good stuff starts coming. Oh well, at this rate I can't even keep up with all the games on Wii U, much less my Wii U, 3DS, Vita, AND PS4 lol...

Totally agree with that,the term underrated gets thrown around way too often, I see games that got endless praise and 9s get called underrated far too often. I also agree that 7.8 is a pretty good score. However unfortunately the gaming community gets too attached to scores. Websites hand out 10s and 9s so frequently that when a game with a dedicated following or a 1st party game gets an 8 the comment sections will be filled with people upset about the score.

The logic basically goes "that game got a 9 or 10 and this game is just as good or better so why is this score lower? "

Instead of seeing a 5 as average the gaming community sees a 7 as an average, sort of like at school where anything below a 7 is a failure. So by that frame of mind the majority of the gaming community would describe a 7.8 as passable. I really don't think that we should be at a point where a 7.8 is considered a bad score, but that's where we're at. The sad thing is that some people get so attached to these scores many won't play or are very reluctant to play a game that gets a 7, let alone a 6 or anything below.
It can be underrated by the public even if it's beloved by the critics. From what I hear, people weren't beating down doors in Japan to get a copy.

That is a great point. There were many amazing games that sold less than 5 copies when originally released even though they were critically acclaimed. Over time they developed a cult following and some were rereleased like Ico, Shadows of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, Okami Wii, etc... but then you have others like Heavy Rain, Enslaved or Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros that very few bought or appreciated and it is a shame as Heavy Rain/Enslaved could have had sequels if they did not lose money on those games due to poor sales. I am not saying Wonderful 101 is at the level of the games on this list, but it is a great game that you could only conceivably play on the Wii U. Not even the 3DS could do this game justice and forget the Move or Kinect. This game was made for the Wii U and for those that feel the system is a gimmick toy, they probably did not buy this game before they made that statement.

Don't fall for the hype train.  If you're interested, play the demo and read a few reviews.

I won't touch it until it hits below $30.00, since I wasn't impressed with the lack of a proper tutorial, forced Wii-u controls, and endless QTEs.

Don't fall for the hype train. If you're interested, play the demo and read a few reviews.

I won't touch it until it hits below $30.00, since I wasn't impressed with the lack of a proper tutorial, forced Wii-u controls, and endless QTEs.
Forced Wii-u controls? I'm not sure what that means. I realize this is an opinion but it sounds somewhat uninformed. Dark Souls lacks a proper tutorial.

Forced Wii-u controls? I'm not sure what that means. I realize this is an opinion but it sounds somewhat uninformed. Dark Souls lacks a proper tutorial.
To Nintendo fanboys everything that could be used as criticism will always be 'user fault', so your comment is but a waste of space.

My 'opinions' happen to also be the opinions of quite of a few reviewers of the game.

I told people to go play the demo, and then read some reviews. If after doing so, you still feel this game deserves your $50+, then by all means support the developer. I happen to think that the game is flawed and doesn't deserve anything beyond $30.00.

To Nintendo fanboys everything that could be used as criticism will always be 'user fault', so your comment is but a waste of space.

My 'opinions' happen to also be the opinions of most of the criticism that the game has received.

I told people to go play the demo, and then read some reviews. If after doing so, you still feel this game deserves your $50+, then by all means support the developer. I happen to think that the game is flawed and doesn't deserve anything beyond $30.00.
You're making quite a few assumptions defensively that come off as personal attacks. I am in no way a nintendo fanboy, I just happen to like the game. I enjoy that it didn't lead me by the hand, I enjoy it's insanity, and it's probably a better selling $40 game than a $60 game.

As much as I like to support Nintendo and new license, I played the demo and just knew this game would be $20 or $30 by this December so I'm waiting to see if that's the case.

Anyone remember when that happened to Ubisoft during the ps2 era? I remember that happened to price of persia, Rayman 3 and Beyond Good and Evil. I bought Rayman 3 full price because I love the series but only a few months later it was $20.

Beyond Good and Evil was $20, really quick. I was going to buy that when it came out, but I didn't have the cash at the time. Walked into Gamestop and it was $20 already. I was astounded!

This is tempting since Nintendo has been nothing but rehash lately, but I think I'll wait till it dips under $30.

Sales have not been stellar. The hype is not something that rivals a PS3/360 big releases and it has not had any commercials to advertise. I go to my Best Buy and Target the day of the release and neither even knew or had copies of this game out on the floor the day of its release. The staff did not even know that the game came out. These things hurt the potential sales of the game with no public knowledge of its existence. I know this is not true for all regions, but I am going off of what I am seeing firsthand.
Believe it or not, but this can be said of most Nintendo games and a lot of games in general...

- When I bought Super Luigi U on releases, the store I went to had absolutely no clue it even existed.

- When I preordered Pokemon Rumble U, I had not released the game would be releasing the next day.

- A lot of people (my friend included) seemed unaware that Rayman Legends released.

Want to know how bad this got if we want to go off anecdotal evidence?

Back when PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale first released, I was at BB at opening to get my preordered copy. I got to the back after being burned on Borderlands 2 (another story for another day) and it simply was not on the rack. I was talking to a sales employee, who said he had no clue what that game was. I pointed down to the picture under the plastic thing on the counter, which was an advertisement for the game. He said they never got any in stock, though I told him I found that impossible to believe. The guy got a manager, who said the game wasn't out yet and would be out on blah blah Tuesday. I noted that today was blah blah Tuesday, which instantly changed her tune. She noted that they had copies in stock, but had no clue where they were. This lasted for about half an under before she actually tracked down the game. The stories point? All-Stars was hyped a lot more than The Wonderful 101 was and people still didn't know shit about it.

It can be underrated by the public even if it's beloved by the critics. From what I hear, people weren't beating down doors in Japan to get a copy.
Underrate

"to rate or value (someone or something) too low"

Market penetration

"the extent to which a product is recognized and bought by customers in a particular market"

This is sort of an on going problem with gamers and really a lot of people on the internet... they instantly jump to a term that makes their point sound better, though that isn't exactly an accurate term. If you want to talk about sales, then say that and not call the game underrated. Most people will read underrated as nothing more than the counter to overrated (something that gets higher / more praise than it deserves) and ultimately leads to confusion. You could have just as easily said under marketed, which is an infinitely more accurate term and one I can't disagree with.

Is "prenatation" Engrish for penetration? Ha ha, I kid; good points.

Niche, cult and sleeper are all more adequate terms than underrated in this case, in my opinion.

You guys are all making very good points about using the word underrated but at the end of the day, it really is just semantics. We all know what people are really saying when they say "Wonderful 101 is underrated", in that it's probably being over by gamers for other games or they just don't care or know about it. Sounds about right to me, as I can agree.

I've heard more people at work talk about the new Call of Duty, Battlefield 4 and GTA V than anything that's ever come out on the Wii U. Personally, I bought a Wii U a few months ago when I saw the upcoming line up from E3 and I'm excited for the new Mario and Donkey Kong games, as well as Super Smash Bros. I would like to play GTA V when it comes to PC but I couldn't care less about the other two. However, it would seem the majority of gamers are interested in these other games than a new IP from Nintendo.

As I put in my post above, I'm interested in Wonderful 101, but as a CAG, I'm waiting for it to drop in price. =)

Yeah, there's ALOT of games coming out all at once, mostly on Wii U and 3DS. I also pre ordered a PS4, game, and 2nd controller, which was well over $500 even being tax-free. But honestly, I don't even know why I'm buying a PS4. There's no games on it I want (I'm buying CoD Ghosts, AC 4 and Watch Dogs on Wii U- love me some gamepad integration, and GOTTA have my motion controls for CoD). I'm just buying Killzone so I'll have something to play right away. I was all excited at first, but now that my emotion has settled, I'm realizing that I'm spending over $500 and won't have a single game I really want to play. But, I can afford it so, why not. I mean, I know I'd get one eventually anyways. But it's probably gonna collect dust for half a year until some of the good stuff starts coming. Oh well, at this rate I can't even keep up with all the games on Wii U, much less my Wii U, 3DS, Vita, AND PS4 lol...
I'm in the exact same boat. I have a Day One/Launch pre-order pending for the XBO and the PS4, but I don't have one must-play game on either system. It's weird buying a system and waiting for a game you want to actually play. I'm old school. I bought a SNES for Mario World, an Xbox for Halo, a PS2 for FFX and a N64 for Zelda. I probably should wait and maintain a backlog. That said, I'm on the fence about getting a WiiU now for W101 and Zelda.

It is annoying when people use the term underrate incorrectly. Is it really that hard to say the game was under appreciated instead? That's a much more accurate way to describe a good game that doesn't sell well.

That is a great point. There were many amazing games that sold less than 5 copies when originally released even though they were critically acclaimed. Over time they developed a cult following and some were rereleased like Ico, Shadows of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, Okami Wii, etc... but then you have others like Heavy Rain, Enslaved or Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros that very few bought or appreciated and it is a shame as Heavy Rain/Enslaved could have had sequels if they did not lose money on those games due to poor sales. I am not saying Wonderful 101 is at the level of the games on this list, but it is a great game that you could only conceivably play on the Wii U. Not even the 3DS could do this game justice and forget the Move or Kinect. This game was made for the Wii U and for those that feel the system is a gimmick toy, they probably did not buy this game before they made that statement.
Heavy Rain made a shit load of money for Sony. That's why Beyond Two Souls is being developed as a Sony exclusive. I personally think Heavy Rain is very overrated. While its unique, it's a game that absolutely hinges on its story and the story is weak, filled with plot holes, and poorly acted. Just my two cents.

Back on topic, this game is on my radar, but for much cheaper. I played the demo twice and still barely knew what I was doing. They did a terrible job explaining how combat works, so that made my decision to wait easy.

Heavy Rain made a shit load of money for Sony. That's why Beyond Two Souls is being developed as a Sony exclusive. I personally think Heavy Rain is very overrated. While its unique, it's a game that absolutely hinges on its story and the story is weak, filled with plot holes, and poorly acted. Just my two cents.

Back on topic, this game is on my radar, but for much cheaper. I played the demo twice and still barely knew what I was doing. They did a terrible job explaining how combat works, so that made my decision to wait easy.
Sorry that I did not do my research on that sales figure as I was going off of memory. I could have sworn I was reading an article where the developers said there was more planned DLC, but they did not make enough money to warrant it. It was another underappreciated game I was thinking of then.

Sorry that I did not do my research on that sales figure as I was going off of memory. I could have sworn I was reading an article where the developers said there was more planned DLC, but they did not make enough money to warrant it. It was another underappreciated game I was thinking of then.
2 more DLC packs were planned, but were cancelled in favor of Move support.

This is tempting since Nintendo has been nothing but rehash lately, but I think I'll wait till it dips under $30.
Nothing but rehash? You could say that about ANY company. Uncharted 3? Rehash. Infamous Second Son? Rehash. Call of Duty Ghosts? Rehash. Killzone Shadowfall? Rehash. Playstation 4? PS3 rehash.

Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, 2 of the most original NON-rehashed games in years, and yet people still throw the "rehash" insult just because that's what's popular to say. Facts don't matter I guess. Sure, Windwaker is a remake, so what? Final Fanasy X, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, MGS Collection, all these are also remakes. EVERYONE does a remake from time to time.

If making a game in an established fanbase is "rehash", we all might as well hang up our controllers now. What matters is FUN, and right now Nintendo is on fire in that department, with much more coming. If you think Nintendo is all rehash right now, you're severely ill-informed.

It's a game that doesn't hold your hand, that much is sure. But it's not hard to figure out, especially with the internet at your immediate disposal. Once you get an hour or two in, it clicks, and the game transforms into one of the finest gems of the year. Once you "get it" with regard to combos and Unite Morphs, the gameplay is more rewarding than you can imagine. I just beat the game last night, and I'm starting it over to play again right now. This, coming from a guy who owns 21 other Wii U games, a 3DS and a Vita including recent entries Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Zelda Windwaker HD. All that, and I'd rather play a game I've already beaten. That speaks volumes.

at least this game is somewhat different from the rehash fest of first party nintendo games. im not supporting this with a $60 purchase though. the demo was weak. $20 seems fair it'll hit that sales price soon.

Underrate
"to rate or value (someone or something) too low"

Market penetration

"the extent to which a product is recognized and bought by customers in a particular market"

This is sort of an on going problem with gamers and really a lot of people on the internet... they instantly jump to a term that makes their point sound better, though that isn't exactly an accurate term. If you want to talk about sales, then say that and not call the game underrated. Most people will read underrated as nothing more than the counter to overrated (something that gets higher / more praise than it deserves) and ultimately leads to confusion. You could have just as easily said under marketed, which is an infinitely more accurate term and one I can't disagree with.
Perhaps "underrate" is the wrong word. I'll admit Grammer isn't my strongest subject, and I'm overly prone to not bother looking up actual definitions. "I don't think it means what you think it means", and all that.

So, 'underrate" is the wrong word. Perhaps "overlook" is better, or maybe "unwanted" would be even more accurate that that. So let me clarify. A game can be praised by critics and weirdos like myself, but fail to light off fireworks in the hearts and minds of the larger buying public.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have a Day One/Launch pre-order pending for the XBO and the PS4, but I don't have one must-play game on either system. It's weird buying a system and waiting for a game you want to actually play. I'm old school. I bought a SNES for Mario World, an Xbox for Halo, a PS2 for FFX and a N64 for Zelda. I probably should wait and maintain a backlog. That said, I'm on the fence about getting a WiiU now for W101 and Zelda.
Oh you don't have a Wii U? Well, it may not be worth much seeing as I'm just some random guy on the internet, but I do own a Wii U and I can tell you right now, I've had more fun on that console than anything in recent memory. Pikmin 3 was good enough to me to be a system seller in its own right. And Wonderful 101 was just as good, if not better than Pikmin 3. And of course Zelda Windwaker HD is just timeless. Not to mention that NSMBU game is actually really great, even though it doesn't get much recognition. The NSLU game is also a nice challenging addition for people like me who like their platformers tough as nails lol. The multiplats have also been superb- games like Batman Arkham City, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends and Darksiders 2 that really use the gamepad to take the game to another level entirely. I'm anxiously waiting for Sonic Lost World, DKC Tropical Freeze and Mario 3D World though. All 3 look like amazing fun.

I'd really recommend getting a Wii U- I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's not just the games, or the gamepad, it's really Miiverse that puts the console in it's own league. It becomes part of the experience. Every time I play a game, I'm constantly going on Miiverse and posting screenshots of accomplishments, asking for help, giving help, etc... It's just a whole new experience that I've never had.

at least this game is somewhat different from the rehash fest of first party nintendo games. im not supporting this with a $60 purchase though. the demo was weak. $20 seems fair it'll hit that sales price soon.
Speak for yourself. I played the demo 3 times straight I loved it so much. And the rehash argument is getting old. Everything's a rehash now if it's a Nintendo game. Doesn't matter how original or fun it is, if Nintendo made it people shout "rehash!"

Case in point: Pikmin 3. Most original, unique, fun, amazing game in many years. One month later, Wonderful 101, just as original, unique, fun and amazing as Pikmin 3. And Zelda Windwaker HD is done no justice if you're referring to it as "rehash". It's one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. So if "rehash" is what you call it, then yes, more rehash please! LOTS OF REHASH FOR ME!

And again, if making new entries in an established franchise is "rehash", like NSMBU or DKC Tropical Freeze, then yes, bring it on. I love rehash then. Assassin's Creed 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Dark Souls 2, Uncharted 3. Guess all those are rehash too since they're all just sequels to a franchise huh.

Nintendo can't win. They make some of the funnest games in the industry, yet people like you will scream "REHASH" for new amazing fun games of established franchises and "WEAK" for amazing new games and fresh IPs. Doesn't matter what they do, or how great the game is, or how much fun it is to play, people like you will insult everything they do.

With the killer onslaught of both established IPs and fresh new content on Wii U, THE LAST thing I would expect to hear is complaining. Want games of well-established franchises with that Nintendo seal of quality? You got it. New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zelda Windwaker HD, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Smash Bros 4, and Mario Kart 8 are here and coming soon. Want brand new experiences of fresh, brand new or recent IPs? You got it. Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and SMT x Fire Emblem are here and coming soon.

And it should be noted that "rehash" shouldn't matter anyways. Only one thing matters. One. And that's "is the game fun?" If the game is amazing fun, does anything else matter? Does it? Cause I coulda sworn that's why we play games in the first place- TO HAVE FUN. But no, people want to get all political now and say "well this game is just rehashed" or "this game is copy-paste" or "this game has poor graphics". None of those things matter if the game provides a fun experience, something people are losing sight of at a dizzying rate.

It's a game that doesn't hold your hand, that much is sure. But it's not hard to figure out, especially with the internet at your immediate disposal. Once you get an hour or two in, it clicks, and the game transforms into one of the finest gems of the year. Once you "get it" with regard to combos and Unite Morphs, the gameplay is more rewarding than you can imagine. I just beat the game last night, and I'm starting it over to play again right now. This, coming from a guy who owns 21 other Wii U games, a 3DS and a Vita including recent entries Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Zelda Windwaker HD. All that, and I'd rather play a game I've already beaten. That speaks volumes.
Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't justify $50+ for a game that I need to hope clicks with me after a few hours of play. I'll check it out eventually, but sub $20.

Speak for yourself. I played the demo 3 times straight I loved it so much. And the rehash argument is getting old. Everything's a rehash now if it's a Nintendo game. Doesn't matter how original or fun it is, if Nintendo made it people shout "rehash!"

Case in point: Pikmin 3. Most original, unique, fun, amazing game in many years. One month later, Wonderful 101, just as original, unique, fun and amazing as Pikmin 3. And Zelda Windwaker HD is done no justice if you're referring to it as "rehash". It's one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. So if "rehash" is what you call it, then yes, more rehash please! LOTS OF REHASH FOR ME!

And again, if making new entries in an established franchise is "rehash", like NSMBU or DKC Tropical Freeze, then yes, bring it on. I love rehash then. Assassin's Creed 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Dark Souls 2, Uncharted 3. Guess all those are rehash too since they're all just sequels to a franchise huh.

Nintendo can't win. They make some of the funnest games in the industry, yet people like you will scream "REHASH" for new amazing fun games of established franchises and "WEAK" for amazing new games and fresh IPs. Doesn't matter what they do, or how great the game is, or how much fun it is to play, people like you will insult everything they do.

With the killer onslaught of both established IPs and fresh new content on Wii U, THE LAST thing I would expect to hear is complaining. Want games of well-established franchises with that Nintendo seal of quality? You got it. New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zelda Windwaker HD, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Smash Bros 4, and Mario Kart 8 are here and coming soon. Want brand new experiences of fresh, brand new or recent IPs? You got it. Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and SMT x Fire Emblem are here and coming soon.

And it should be noted that "rehash" shouldn't matter anyways. Only one thing matters. One. And that's "is the game fun?" If the game is amazing fun, does anything else matter? Does it? Cause I coulda sworn that's why we play games in the first place- TO HAVE FUN. But no, people want to get all political now and say "well this game is just rehashed" or "this game is copy-paste" or "this game has poor graphics". None of those things matter if the game provides a fun experience, something people are losing sight of at a dizzying rate.
i am speaking for myself. the demo was weak, nintendo is in rehash mode & im not buying this game for more than $20. learn to deal with peoples views & opinions and stop raging when people dont like the wii u as much as you do. a quick look at your post history shows that seems to be all you do on here.

i am speaking for myself. the demo was weak, nintendo is in rehash mode & im not buying this game for more than $20. learn to deal with peoples views & opinions and stop raging when people dont like the wii u as much as you do. a quick look at your post history shows that seems to be all you do on here.
My post history hardly shows that's all I do on here, especially considering I posted this thread in the first place. But that post wasn't for you, so don't take it personally. It was for the hundreds, thousands even, of readers who will never comment but do read these posts, and are easily influenced when they read comments from people like you trashing anything Nintendo.

It seems that any time a post is made for a game pertaining to Wii U, the comment section fills with responses like yours that serve as nothing more than insults. And it wasn't just you that made such a comment, which is why there is 2 responses instead of just one. I don't discriminate.

And I don't rage when people don't like the Wii U as much as me (though judging by your post, you don't like it at ALL). I rage when people come onto a thread about scoring a great Wii U game for a great price and start posting about how weak the game is, and how everything on the Wii U is rehash. That's when I rage, and you would do well to remember it.

You're more than welcome to your own opinions, but on a thread dedicated to a great deal on a desirable Nintendo title, I find it strange that you would bother posting here just to say the game is weak, and furthermore, that all Nintendo's games are rehash. This isn't a Wii U bash-fest, this is a thread for those considering picking up the game. If you just want to throw out insults at Nintendo's games, take it to one of the many console-racist fanboy sites on the internet. I'm sure they'd be glad to have you.

bread's done
Back