Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD"

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

I do like how they reference that 2 of the x-men do not exist.  I guess it has to do with the whole Sony vs. Marvel Studios thing.

538822.png

#62 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Fox vs. Disney. Fox has X-Men rights.

#63 mdmrn

mdmrn

Conservative Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

I haven't seen last night's episode, but I love Agents of SHIELD. Like the characters, like the way they're going with the plot. Looking forward to eventually seeing last night's episode On Demand later this week.

Minimalist Signature

My Website

#64 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

From what I've read on twitter, the events of this week's show and the events of the movie happen concurrently. This is gonna make me go see Cap 2 earlier than I thought.

I've really been digging this show. I only watch two shows when they broadcast. AoS and Arrow. Anything else I'll wait until Netflix has it or I'll stream it later.

#65 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

Last night's show was actually pretty good.  Yes, I do believe that they purposely shot this episode to connect with CA2.  Like I said before the only thing that's keeping this show from being canned is the movies.  As soon as Marvel starts making bad movies, this show will be done.  It's only a matter of time before they have one bad movie that under performs. 

#66 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Dangit, this sucks.  I've been trying to record the show, but since it technically ends at 9:01pm it doesn't record because of other recording conflicts.  I've tried to keep up online, but it's hard.  Luckily there was a mid season break for a few weeks, so I'm only about 5 episode behind.  I have some time off coming up, so hopefully I can catch up.

Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#67 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

Ive watched every episode, can honestly say I almost gave up on it after the first few, but the last 5-6 episodes have been really good.

And of course this only exists because of the movies, but I dont see a bomb coming anytime soon from Marvel. That special episode from a few weeks back about how they set out to create the movie universe was great. They know what they are doing.

Going to see winter soldier on friday and cant wait for guardians.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png

#68 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Yea, after seeing Winter Soldier I'm really interested in how the next ep will tie in if its supposed to be following the same timeline.

538822.png

#69 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

So this get better? I watched most of last season but I was forcing myself the entire time.

#70 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

So this get better? I watched most of last season but I was forcing myself the entire time.

The last few episodes have been really interesting, you really don't know where the show is going. If you've watched Captain America you have more questions than answers now but puts things into perspective.

#71 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

So Captain America: Winter Soldier was basically WrestleMania...

Marvel Agents of SHIELD is basically Monday Night Raw the day after...

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#72 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

Yea, it felt kind of like Gundam 00F. Kind of wish it tied into the film more.

#73 mdmrn

mdmrn

Conservative Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

As one who hasn't seen the film, I'm glad it only tied in a little bit. It was a solid episode. Insane turnarounds every few minutes.

Also, seriously - WARD!

Minimalist Signature

My Website

#74 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

I'm happy they found a way to tie into the movie. Right after we got out both my kids said "What's going to happen to Agents of SHIELD"?.

However, the' who is in Hydra and who is not in Hydra' is getting a little tedious.

#75 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

A bit realistic though, especially since we don't know who IS in Hydra.

One thing said in the series that could be glossed over and wasn't really addressed in Captain America are the other S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters around the world are still crawling with HYDRA agents.

Also kind of Fridge Horror/Nightmare Fuel is that, given the events of the film, S.H.I.E.L.D., which is supposed to protect us from outside forces, was really hiding our worst enemy. 

#76 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

This arc is a perfect reason for this show to exist. Even though Hydra's main plot was foiled, they're still essentially in control with SHIELD still splintered.

Is the perky secret SHIELD base guy from the comics?

#77 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

man, I really need to catch up on this show.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#78 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

This arc is a perfect reason for this show to exist. Even though Hydra's main plot was foiled, they're still essentially in control with SHIELD still splintered.

Is the perky secret SHIELD base guy from the comics?

He existed in the comics, though as a fairly different character since he was a Nazi when Hitler was alive.

http://marvel.wikia....nig_(Earth-616)

538822.png

#79 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

I have to say, the past few episodes have taken the Fridge Horror of Winter Soldier to the extreme.

- SHIELD is gone. Kaput. Not existing anymore.
- Everything SHIELD knew is now able to be freely accessed on the Internet, including all their data on all the superweapons and alien tech they have gleaned.
- SHIELD likely had a lot of not-so-good info on various financial leaders, businesses, and politician's, so the world's political climate and and economy are probably going down the crapper.
- HYDRA, despite losing the Helicarriers, still has a crapton of bases, Loki's scepter, and have captured several SHIELD bases.
- One of those bases held several high threat criminals and had a ton of alien tech. No word of if Blonsky and Sterns are free, though.
- Coulson's team is in a secret base but are essentially on their own and already compromised.
- Because of what happened in Thor 2, Loki likely knows that Coulson's alive.
- Ultron and Thanos are on the way.

Yea, MCU Earth is pretty much Fuck ed.

#80 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I have to say, the past few episodes have taken the Fridge Horror of Winter Soldier to the extreme.

- SHIELD is gone. Kaput. Not existing anymore.
- Everything SHIELD knew is now able to be freely accessed on the Internet, including all their data on all the superweapons and alien tech they have gleaned.
- SHIELD likely had a lot of not-so-good info on various financial leaders, businesses, and politician's, so the world's political climate and and economy are probably going down the crapper.
- HYDRA, despite losing the Helicarriers, still has a crapton of bases, Loki's scepter, and have captured several SHIELD bases.
- One of those bases held several high threat criminals and had a ton of alien tech. No word of if Blonsky and Sterns are free, though.
- Coulson's team is in a secret base but are essentially on their own and already compromised.
- Because of what happened in Thor 2, Loki likely knows that Coulson's alive.
- Ultron and Thanos are on the way.

Yea, MCU Earth is pretty much Fuck ed.

Hang on, why would Loki know Coulson's alive and why would he even care?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

#81 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

zactly

#82 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hang on, why would Loki know Coulson's alive and why would he even care?

Loki knows Coulson's alive because he rules Asgard (as Odin) and Sif would have reported it after her spotlight episode.

As to why Loki would care, he IS a dear friend of Thor's and he did personally kill the guy.

#83 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

Loki knows Coulson's alive because he rules Asgard (as Odin) and Sif would have reported it after her spotlight episode.

As to why Loki would care, he IS a dear friend of Thor's and he did personally kill the guy.

I dunno about dear friend of Thor's...but okay.  Still, I dont think that will matter much compared to what else is going on in the MCU right now.

#84 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

A very tense episode, but aside from finally meeting Coulson's girlfriend, most of the episode seemed to a bridge between the last one and the next one.

#85 Mclovin1108

Mclovin1108

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Agreed, the next episode should add to the story as the last was basically a bridge episode. My wife was sad for Coulson as she likes him a lot. What are your thoughts as to what is going to happen next as I'm assuming we are passed the events of Captain America

:ps3:: The Last of Us
:360:: Resident Evil 6 Archives
:psp:: Uncharted

388011.png

#86 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

I would be shocked if Garrett survives the end of the season. Ward, I'm not sure about. He doesn't have the personality to be a Big Bad, but he could easily continue to be a Dragon.

Obviously, Triplett is Ward's Season 2 replacement.

As for SHIELD, I can see Coulson's team being an independant force and try and rebuild, which will take up most of Season 2. How well that will go will depend on Avengers 2.

#87 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

A decent conclusion to that particular part of the arc, but this story is just begging for at least one Avenger to show up.

#88 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

A decent conclusion to that particular part of the arc, but this story is just begging for at least one Avenger to show up.

Yeah......... Hawkeye.........cause no one gives  a shit about him.

#89 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:12 AM

It would let us know what he did after Cap 2 at least.

Though with Hill being a member of Stark Enterprises now, an Iron Man/Hulk vs Hydra battle is also begging to happen.

#90 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Finally finished the season.  I thought it was pretty good overall.  Glad I stopped watching the episodes so that I could see CA: Winter Soldier and then resume watching the show.  I thought the last episode was pretty good, kept it light with some of the comedy with everyone dying.

Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.