Walmart: Wind Waker HD physical copies in stock YMMV

Mikeyjl87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I stopped by a grand opening of a Walmart near me and noticed they had several physical copies of Wind Waker HD.

I didn't pick one up because I already have mine pre-ordered through Newegg but I thought I would share in case anyone looking to pick up a copy early should try their luck and check their local Walmart.

In case anyone was wondering, the Walmart I went to was in Cutler Bay, Florida which is a bit south of Miami

I stopped by a grand opening of a Walmart near me and noticed they had several physical copies of Wind Waker HD.

I didn't pick one up because I already have mine pre-ordered through Newegg but I thought I would share in case anyone looking to pick up a copy early should try their luck and check their local Walmart.

In case anyone was wondering, the Walmart I went to was in Cutler Bay, Florida which is a bit south of Miami
Does Walmart's system allow them to sell street-dated items before street date?

My local Target had them out yesterday, but their system wouldn't let them sell it.

Wal-Mart has a similar system in place. The only way to tell if you can buy it is to try. Chances are that some employee put them out because video games usually come out on Tuesday and they didn't realize that the Wind Waker's street day is Friday.

Just a little FYI going forward, unless you can actually buy the game, then it's not a deal. If you go to enough retail stores, then you're bound to find someone that screwed up. I've seen Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary out early and this constantly with Nintendo titles. Since they tend to come out on weird days, they either get shelved late or early. Doesn't really mean anything if the system rejects you, which it will 9/10 times.

You can purchase games before street date at Walmart but the associate has to be a real idiot to see when they scan it before the release date they get a warning about it being too early but it can be sold cause I've seen it done with previous Nintendo titles, Donkey Kong Country 3DS is one example. Thanks for the heads up, me getting the game a couple days early sounds like a "deal" to me, this person is just trying to help us out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Walmart is run by idiots.. but its a chaotic cesspool of dysfunction so I don't think I wanna try and go in. Its the Walmart where the customers trampled and killed the guy who opened the doors on black Friday.

You can purchase games before street date at Walmart but the associate has to be a real idiot to see when they scan it before the release date they get a warning about it being too early but it can be sold cause I've seen it done with previous Nintendo titles, Donkey Kong Country 3DS is one example. Thanks for the heads up, me getting the game a couple days early sounds like a "deal" to me, this person is just trying to help us out.
This is ONLY true if you want a physical copy. The digital copy released nearly 2 weeks ago and can be bought at any time online or you can get a digital code from someone on cag for $30+ dollars.

Every time a new game comes out we have the same thread. Available Early at Walmart! YMMV! The computers don't let them get sold early. IF yours does, you are super lucky.

well then this should be really easy to get at walmart then cause i've never seen someone who wasn't a real idiot working there

bread's done
Back