CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

SHUTDOWN Is good for the next 4 months

#152 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

SHUTDOWN Is good for the next 4 months

The last shutdown was 17 years ago.  The next one will be another 2 decades at the earliest.  The shutdown was very unpopular and now the Republicans have the ACA site problems to latch onto.

#153 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

The last shutdown was 17 years ago.  The next one will be another 2 decades at the earliest.  The shutdown was very unpopular and now the Republicans have the ACA site problems to latch onto.

I dont think it'll be that long.  For one, the Republican party in general, but the Tea Party Republicans in particular, dont care what polls say.  They can be insulated from that facet of reality.  Right now establishment/moderate Republicans are planning to fundraise and to fight them.  However, this I'll believe when I see.  Right now the voting record of the two groups is ALMOST indistinguishable.

As far as the budget goes, the Democrats have basically conceded that Ryan Budget figures are a STARTING POINT for negotiations.  Since Republicans are going to continue to move the goalposts and cut even more, there might one day come to a point when further cuts are unacceptable to Democrats.  Revenues of course, stay unacceptable to Republicans under any circumstances.  The possible scenarios here are even more criminally insane budget cuts, clean(ish) CRs, or shutdowns.  Passing a budget looks like the worst option.  CRs at least maintain marginally higher spending levels.  Shutdowns benefit Democrats politically.

#154 Soc27cer

Soc27cer

CAG footsoldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

a lot of people made a lot of money, so you won't hear too much complaining, sometimes extortion pays.

Landscape.png

#155 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

Since I'm dumpster diving tonight, I'm gonna say that I'm glad that there wasn't another shutdown and the raising of the debt ceiling wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If anything, it kinda went without a hitch...well...as smoothly as it can go anyways.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!