Galaxy S3 for $0.01 or Galaxy S4 for $100-$150?

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
So I'm gonna be brand new to the Android scene.  I know the S3 is a little bit outdated, but does the S4 have enough cool new stuff to justify an extra $100 or so?

Right now I'm really leaning towards just picking up a cheap S3.  Thanks for any advise you all may have.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the proper forum to post in.  Still, if you can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you dead set on Samsung? If so, the S4 is the way to go.

If you are open to ideas, I would whole heartedly suggest the HTC One. I've owned one for about a month now and it is hands down the best cell phone I've ever held.

Not deadset on Samsung, no. I'll look a little bit into the HTC One.
I own both the S3 and S4. While for me the changes weren't drastic, they upgraded the usual res, battery life, cam, ram, which really makes the phone worth the extra $100.

But honestly if you want the sexiest phone on the planet, go with the HTC one.

Not deadset on Samsung, no. I'll look a little bit into the HTC One.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

I'll give you a short overview of the differences.

S4 has a microSD slot. One does not.

One's camera is better in bad lighting.

S4 is plastic. One is a single piece of aluminum.

Sense(One) has a better (imo) and more responsive interface than TouchWiz (S4).

S4 has a replacable battery. One's is impossible to replace.

How big are your hands?

The S4 (5 inches) is a tad too big for most hands. The One (4.7 inches) seems to be just right.

If you need more than 32gb of space, the One is out because no storage can be added.

I don't know if you are into phone modding but HTC supports it and Samsung does not.

The HTC Double Dip is sexy. I own one and it's even sleeker in person. http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-official-hard-shell-case-review

The Galaxy Note 3 comes out this week

Which means the Galaxy note 2 is an option for you

I have NO idea how low the Galaxy note 2's prices will go, but I imagine a bargain could be around the corner

Its possible the note 2 could be cheaper than the s4 

(the note 2 is currently 100-125$ with a contract extension, so it could certainly be 50$~ or so by the end of the month) 

Its definitely nicer  newer and of course bigger than the s3

If you can get a note 2 for under 50$, I think that could be your best bet.

The HTC one is still 150-200$ with contract 

(im not saying the Note 2 is the best option, but depending on how low the prices get cut this week it certainly could be. I think for 50$ it would be your most cost effective choice) 

Love my Note 2. Will be getting Note 4 or whatever it's called then when my 2 years are up.

bread's done
Back