Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5042 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Has anyone been able to get away with purchasing more than 3 per title with their GCU discount? I went over the limit thinking it was 3 per title per platform just like the trade ins :\ this was the first time I went over though.

My RWZ account with GCU was banned, so its possible. I'm not able to sign on to it or make online or instore purchases when using it. I did go over the limit a few times around the holidays. When I called in they never confirmed that going over the GCU limit caused it, but I think it played a part.

#5043 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

My RWZ account with GCU was banned, so its possible. I'm not able to sign on to it or make online or instore purchases when using it. I did go over the limit a few times around the holidays. When I called in they never confirmed that going over the GCU limit caused it, but I think it played a part.

You're the 1st person I've heard of to have GCU banned ?

Are you able to trade, and when you say you went over the limit are we talking 1-2 extra or something else.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5044 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Their probably not going ban unless a person goes crazy overboard & even then it`ll take some time. Just be careful not to going forward.

This is my guess too. At the end of the day the policy only exist to limit people from buying 100 copies of something for the intent of reselling. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5045 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

You're the 1st person I've heard of to have GCU banned ?

Are you able to trade, and when you say you went over the limit are we talking 1-2 extra or something else.

I haven't tried a trade in a while so I'm not sure. I went over the 3 per limit a few times with different games. I was mostly buying for friends and presents for Christmas time. This is the error I get when trying to sign in.

E03: The information you entered is correct, however we are unable to access your account. Please call Customer Care at 1-888-Best Buy (I-888-237-8289) for assistance.

#5046 vwbeetlvr

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

I haven't tried a trade in a while so I'm not sure. I went over the 3 per limit a few times with different games. I was mostly buying for friends and presents for Christmas time. This is the error I get when trying to sign in.

E03: The information you entered is correct, however we are unable to access your account. Please call Customer Care at 1-888-Best Buy (I-888-237-8289) for assistance.

I have the same error, I was able to get around it by creating a new bestbuy.Com account and calling in to have the two accounts linked. I never bought more than 3 copies of a game, so it wasn't an account ban.

538006.png

#5047 asspickle

asspickle

Scandinavian King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

I have the same error, I was able to get around it by creating a new bestbuy.Com account and calling in to have the two accounts linked. I never bought more than 3 copies of a game, so it wasn't an account ban.

That's interesting, when they got back to me I was told that my RWZ account was banned and there was nothing they could do to reinstate it. They wouldn't even give me a reason as to why. Thank you for posting though I will definitely try your method.

#5048 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

That's interesting, when they got back to me I was told that my RWZ account was banned and there was nothing they could do to reinstate it. They wouldn't even give me a reason as to why. Thank you for posting though I will definitely try your method.

Post on the forums. It honestly seems like they divide the employees based on some sort of merit test. Those capable of solving a high school level math based word problem and those who spell their name wrong on the same test. The latter wind up on the phone service and the former wind up working on the forums. 

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5049 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Post on the forums. It honestly seems like they divide the employees based on some sort of merit test. Those capable of solving a high school level math based word problem and those who spell their name wrong on the same test. The latter wind up on the phone service and the former wind up working on the forums.

The social media team is also pretty responsive. Twitter@bestbuy.com.

#5050 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

I got my confirmation e-mail. It says that they will ship a gift card through USPS within 7 days. I thought it was an e-gift card.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#5051 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

I got my confirmation e-mail. It says that they will ship a gift card through USPS within 7 days. I thought it was an e-gift card.

They always say that (a confirmation email  I have from last week where later I received an egift says will be mailed), but you'll receive an e-gift. I believe they use to send USPS and the automated reply just never was corrected. You'll get an email with the e-gift in 2/3 days now.

#5052 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

Thanks. The last time they were meant to mail a gift card, they didn't mail it until I called again two weeks later asking about the status. Then they cancelled it when I got it and they mailed another one.

#5053 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Nope, you'll have to receive a received email first. They come in at exactly 2 A.M. each day. After that it takes about 3 days more.

how long does it take after they receive it to send the email? my game arrived yesterday

Miami+Flash15.png

#5054 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

how long does it take after they receive it to send the email? my game arrived yesterday

IIRC, it takes nearly a week, but I'm not 100% positive on that. If you don't hear anything within 7 days after they received it, you can contact them with the Trade-In ID, but you shouldn't need to do that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Normal] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5055 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

They always say that (a confirmation email I have from last week where later I received an egift says will be mailed), but you'll receive an e-gift. I believe they use to send USPS and the automated reply just never was corrected. You'll get an email with the e-gift in 2/3 days now.

Really? I have a $5 GC coming from them for something and it was supposed to be here over a week ago. Wonder if it was an e-gift card instead...

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#5056 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

IIRC, it takes nearly a week, but I'm not 100% positive on that. If you don't hear anything within 7 days after they received it, you can contact them with the Trade-In ID, but you shouldn't need to do that.

Okay I see. I'll give it till the end of the week and send them an email. Don't want it expiring and then losing out. Thanks

Miami+Flash15.png

#5057 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Doesn't BB email you the gift card for the value of your game? I got the email saying: "Within 7 calendar days, a gift card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service."

Miami+Flash15.png

#5058 Narukami

Narukami

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Doesn't BB email you the gift card for the value of your game? I got the email saying: "Within 7 calendar days, a gift card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service."

It says that for everyone. It's wrong. In 2-3 days, you'll be emailed your e-gift card.

#5059 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

It says that for everyone. It's wrong. In 2-3 days, you'll be emailed your e-gift card.

Ahh I see. Thank you

Miami+Flash15.png

#5060 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

yup. i just got the e-gift card after that fighter within fiasco. you can print and use instore tho or online

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5061 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Still mad at myself for not trading in last week when they had the promo for xb1\ps4 goin. Atleast I locked some in at $40 online..Already sent one in and planning to send the other two by this week.

It has to be received within 14 days from quote correct?

1080i is for douchebags

#5062 Narukami

Narukami

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ahh I see. Thank you

You're welcome.

Still mad at myself for not trading in last week when they had the promo for xb1\ps4 goin. Atleast I locked some in at $40 online..Already sent one in and planning to send the other two by this week.

Yes.

#5063 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

yup. i just got the e-gift card after that fighter within fiasco. you can print and use instore tho or online

Yup that's good. Just would rather have it by email than mail.

Miami+Flash15.png

#5064 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, kinda sucks I lost out on the extra $4 but oh well. Need to get my Battlefield 4 in the mail. Good news though is that the place it goes is like a mile down the road from where I work. lol

#5065 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, kinda sucks I lost out on the extra $4 but oh well. Need to get my Battlefield 4 in the mail. Good news though is that the place it goes is like a mile down the road from where I work. lol

Lol I'm sending that same game in.

1080i is for douchebags

#5066 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

So do people w/o Gamers Unlocked not get points anymore for trading in games?

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Pay Day 2 | ACIV:BF |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Edge of Tomorrow  :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#5067 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

You should get points. It's just less.

#5068 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

I wish they would roll over some of the instore benefits to the online trade ins..

1080i is for douchebags

#5069 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

You should get points. It's just less.

Yea a best buy customer rep tried telling me through email that I dont get point.

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Pay Day 2 | ACIV:BF |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Edge of Tomorrow  :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#5070 david0820

david0820

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

Yea a best buy customer rep tried telling me through email that I dont get point.

I think you get double points for gcu and regular points for just rewards membership.