Trade In Best Buy Best Buy Trade In

• Please log in to reply
7138 replies to this topic

#31 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

thanks for continuing to contribute all...

e^(ipi) = -1

#32 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

If you can't access the trade in page, these were current from this morning, and the TIV's rarely change in the day.

I see I'm not the only one that wrote a screen scraping program...  :)

Posted Image

#33 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I see I'm not the only one that wrote a screen scraping program...   :)

I used a cool Automation tool called WinAutomation Console. No coding required.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#34 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

In otherwords, you simply won't share, but will gladly partake of any info others provide. Gotcha.

Thanks for confirming what we already knew.

He didn't say that.  My 2 cents, they're both right from their point of view.  

DIG is saying that, in a given trade thread, you'll have 1/3 frequent posters and people helping out and 2/3 lurkers who won't even bother to make an account here, and give absolutely nothing to the forum.  Lists makes it easy for them to not give 2 shits about helping out at all and can kill a good trade before most people here can do anything about it.

Stoned just wants everyone to help out and post what they find.  It can help a forum member who might have missed something, like I did with Majin last week at Best Buy.  On the other hand, it helps people who do nothing to help out.  

It all comes down to where you see it, but the bickering is getting old.  Both of them are trying to do what they think is best for the forum, they'll just never see eye to eye on it.

#35 MykelxKnight

MykelxKnight

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Bestbuys cs over email is awesome!  I contacted them about some trade-in points not showing up I had receipts for 2 of them the other 2 I didnt.  The rep got back to me today and she added 1000 points to my account for all the trade ins lol..  Thanks a lot BB :-)

Check me out on Twitch and YouTube!

http://youtube.com/yungfab22

#36 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

I had a store employee actively refuse to help me renew gcu today! Told me that the program was being changed and that she wouldn't renew it until they got new details from on high. So I'm 0 for 2 so far. Maybe I'll try again later. Still getting magazines even though I expired a month ago.

#37 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

He didn't say that.  My 2 cents, they're both right from their point of view.  

DIG is saying that, in a given trade thread, you'll have 1/3 frequent posters and people helping out and 2/3 lurkers who won't even bother to make an account here, and give absolutely nothing to the forum.  Lists makes it easy for them to not give 2 shits about helping out at all and can kill a good trade before most people here can do anything about it.

Stoned just wants everyone to help out and post what they find.  It can help a forum member who might have missed something, like I did with Majin last week at Best Buy.  On the other hand, it helps people who do nothing to help out.  

It all comes down to where you see it, but the bickering is getting old.  Both of them are trying to do what they think is best for the forum, they'll just never see eye to eye on it.

So dudeimstupid should shut his hole, and stop complaining. Stone doesn't speak up unless he's spoken to.

You don't like "lurkers" getting info, well too bad. Go to your precious flip group and complain about it to someone who cares. Stone is actually helping the community and not trying to keep info simply for himself. For that, he should be commended, and not criticized.

That last part is not for you but to anyone who is hating on stone.

#38 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Point out where I said that. 

You said this ------------------My position has always been to not post flips in this thread because of lurkers. I don't care if anyone who at least takes the time to register an account knows what flips and what doesn't. 

Ok, if your position isn't to feed lurkers, can anyone join this flip group of yours? If so, i'd like an invite as I clearly am no lurker.

#39 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Bestbuys cs over email is awesome!  I contacted them about some trade-in points not showing up I had receipts for 2 of them the other 2 I didnt.  The rep got back to me today and she added 1000 points to my account for all the trade ins lol..  Thanks a lot BB :-)

Yeah, I like contacting BB over email rather than over the phone.

I bought a "GTA Lithograph" for $5, and they didn't have any. When my order got here, the package was just a game, no lithograph. I e-mailed them on Sunday, and today, they said they would be giving me $30 GC for not having it! Although, it took half a week, their CS isn't bad. Also, the e-mail didn't have the $30 GC. I don't know if it'll be sent later or if they just forgot to send me the link.

#40 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Why do people need so much help flipping anyway? Here:

AMZ values - http://tivtrackr.com/ (can sort by value and console and search)

BBY values - http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page (search for * and it auto sorts by value, can filter by console or search)

GS values - http://www.cheapassg...r-select-items/ (JP runs a badass thread)

The prices of games can be found in the usual places - GameStop.com, amazon.com, bestbuy.com, etc. CAG's price tracker can be helpful too.

Just correlate the sources and have a modicum of knowledge about how much games are worth and it really doesn't take much time out of your life.

#41 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

All those options are good, but my goal was to compare two lists. Try doing that using the options you outlined. JP's thread is one of my favorites, but flipping to GS is a rare thing unless they are running a promotion.

And you're seriously not suggesting those alternative sources are as convenient are you. lol

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#42 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

I 'm happy as that pays for whatever game came out that week. Some folks apparently are paying their rent flipping !!

I had a CList guy one time want to trade a minivan for a 360.  True story.  Had to turn it down though due to title issues.

Patiently waiting on someone to trade a house for UFC Undisputed 3 and become Vigilante's idol.

#43 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

So dudeimstupid should shut his hole, and stop complaining. Stone doesn't speak up unless he's spoken to.

You don't like "lurkers" getting info, well too bad. Go to your precious flip group and complain about it to someone who cares. Stone is actually helping the community and not trying to keep info simply for himself. For that, he should be commended, and not criticized.

That last part is not for you but to anyone who is hating on stone.

jesus christ calm down. It isn't that serious for you to get so worked up over. Gee whiz you called me stupid what will I ever do? Im sure you can try and act like an adult. I dont keep shit to myself so stop spouting off like you have an idea what you're saying. 

You said this ------------------My position has always been to not post flips in this thread because of lurkers. I don't care if anyone who at least takes the time to register an account knows what flips and what doesn't. 

Ok, if your position isn't to feed lurkers, can anyone join this flip group of yours? If so, i'd like an invite as I clearly am no lurker.

Hah. Get the info from stoned. he's in it anyway. 

#44 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

All those options are good, but my goal was to compare two lists. Try doing that using the options you outlined. JP's thread is one of my favorites, but flipping to GS is a rare thing unless they are running a promotion.

And you're seriously not suggesting those alternative sources are as convenient are you. lol

I haven't looked at whatever you've put together, but I'm sure it's incredibly convenient and helpful and you're clearly very proud of it. Not trying to take away from whatever you're doing, just pointing out that this whole thing isn't rocket science and anyone could find their own flips in a matter of minutes if they could be bothered to using resources that are plastered all over these forums.

#45 lzanagi

lzanagi

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

This is quite an interesting thread. Not much money to be made though. Only a dollar or three to be made. And using real money to buy things to trade in for credit? Pass.

This was posted in the last topic:

What type of reward certificate or gift card do you get when you preorder a game at Gamestop using the paid pro membership?

Typically, when a retailer lowers the worth of his membership, one doesn't bow his head and say "thank you so much for still having it, sir." When you buy things and trade in games, you get Rewards Zone points which can be redeemed for Best Buy credit. Right now, 250 points equals $5. Gamestop has a similar program, but the points are worth far, far less. If Best Buy changed it and said 500 points will now equal $5, would you still say that, that "hey, Best Buy is still giving us more than Gamestop is. Thanks Best Buy for still having Rewards Zone points." I sincerely hope not.

Ok, so first of all, I love seeing people like you "rush" to renew or sign up every month when a game there is a coupon for goes on sale, or beg for the coupon. Oh not to mention that the one "coupon" you get from gamestop for renewing, (the b2g1 PREOWNED) bestbuy gives out b2g1 preowned, AND B2G1 NEW (anyone who complains "well I never got mine" THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, don't wait 8 months saying well it should come EVENTUALLY, post on the forums you will have your packet within days in most cases).
But yeah I know what you mean, the coupons in game informer are SOOOO much better! (oh... wait...)
Not to mention it is more beneficial to shop at BB than at GS (you can hate it but it's true) for one, they pricematch, another one, they don't tend to sell games at inflated values (quick example... look up the prices of portal 2 at both). Not to mention that almost every game save for maybe a handful, has come CIB in spectacular condition.

Their GCU is better than anything else out there.

You are mistaken. I never beg for anything, let alone coupons. Even if there are people who ask for another's unused coupons, they are not begging for them. Don't use that word if you don't know what it means. I am always renewed due to making back enough when I get the 10% off used games. I am nothing like the people you are describing. Furthermore, I am merely saying that I find it unacceptable that Best Buy is devaluing their own promotions. Would you still be so quick to defend them if the scenerio I described to GBAStar comes about? Or if they get rid of the @Gamer coupons completely? If you are alright with it, it will give Best Buy a chance to get rid of more and more. Best Buy is a retailer who wants nothing more than the highest amount of profit. Best Buy decided that it would gain more than it would lose buy giving us $10 of Rewards Zone credit rather than $20. What happens if Best Buy decides to do something like that again?

#46 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

new thread yay !!!! cant wait for the 3/10 list

Hopefully it is not too restrictive!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#47 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

This is quite an interesting thread.

This made me laugh. I assume it's intentional because you make it so obvious, but you do an awful job of hiding your identity when you get banned and make a new account.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#48 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

You are mistaken. I never beg for anything, let alone coupons. Even if there are people who ask for another's unused coupons, they are not begging for them. Don't use that word if you don't know what it means. I am always renewed due to making back enough when I get the 10% off used games. I am nothing like the people you are describing. Furthermore, I am merely saying that I find it unacceptable that Best Buy is devaluing their own promotions. Would you still be so quick to defend them if the scenerio I described to GBAStar comes about? Or if they get rid of the @Gamer coupons completely? If you are alright with it, it will give Best Buy a chance to get rid of more and more. Best Buy is a retailer who wants nothing more than the highest amount of profit. Best Buy decided that it would gain more than it would lose buy giving us $10 of Rewards Zone credit rather than $20. What happens if Best Buy decides to do something like that again?

Beg, verb.
1. ask (someone) earnestly or humbly for something.
ask for something, typically food or money, as charity or a gift.
So yes by definition people do beg, don't claim someone improperly uses a word when you YOURSELF do not know the definition.

Also back on topic, did I once say I was happy they got rid of the $20 coupons? No, but like you said "
Best Buy is a retailer who wants nothing more than the highest amount of profit." well DUH! I merely am arguing not to act entitled, just because something became less beneficial, does not mean that it ceases entirely to be beneficial. Also I said people "LIKE" you, I never said you specifically were begging for coupons. But in the event there is a coupon that ends up giving an extremely cheap/free item as the result of a sale, there WILL be MANY people who rush to renew, and people who beg for a coupon, people who very possibly in the past made the same argument "oh it's not as good as it used to be!" well it is still pretty damned good!

It just seems that people love to hate GCU when there is no better alternative. If the changes they made help them stay in business (and me to keep getting great deals from them) so be it. I don't like it, but I can understand, and accept it.

#49 lzanagi

lzanagi

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

This made me laugh. I assume it's intentional because you make it so obvious, but you do an awful job of hiding your identity when you get banned and make a new account.

I haven't the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

#50 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Saw someone in the last thread that was offered $22.50 for Madden 25 a couple of days ago.

I traded in mines in today for $45  + 10% GCU Bonus for a total of $49.50

#51 guessed

guessed

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Not sure if this will end up being useful or not, won't know until Sunday, but, if:
A. Trade in values hold, and
B. The trade 3 get $10 bonus is good for all games

Then here is a list of games in the GS 2for$10 that trade for at least $4 base at BB:

• $9
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3)

• $7
    :360: America's Army: True Soldiers (360)
    :360: Black eyed peas the experience (360)
    :ps3: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (PS3)
    :ps3: Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3)

• $6 :360: Call of Juarez (360)
    :360: Divinity II: Ego Draconis (360)
    :ps3: God of War 3 (PS3)
    :ps3: Infamous (PS3)
    :360: LA Noire (360)
    :ps3: The Saboteur (PS3)
    :360: Saw (360)
    :ps3: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (PS3)
    :360: Vanquish (360)
    :ps3: The Wheelman (PS3)

• $5 :ps3: Afro Samurai (PS3)
    :ps3: BlazBlue Continuum Shift

• $4 :ps3: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011
    :360: Dead to Rights: Retribution
    :ps3: F1: 2010
    :ps3: Michael Jackson: The Experience
    :ps3: Tron: Evolution

Edit: not useful. Bonus $10 for 3 applies to base value $5 each, and all of these got nuked.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#52 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for the new thread Budz!

512847.png

#53 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

What is this 3/10 deal everyone is talking about?

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#54 guessed

guessed

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Check the BB weekly ad thread for next week.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#55 lzanagi

lzanagi

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

Trade in 3 *select games and get an additional $10 bonus.

*valid on over 1000 games. *cue applause*

*crickets*

#56 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

3x Kinect Adventures

:rofl:

#57 sbaker44

sbaker44

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Anyone else preorder NBA 2k14 from Best Buy? I only ask because, when I bought it, it had a Bonus Offer of being part of the upgrade to Xbox One for $10 promo.  It no longer says that next to it but it definitely did when I bought it.  I  took a screen shot just in case.  Any chance they'll actually honor it? Here's the  screenshot, I'm not sure how to make it any bigger.

Nba 2k14 zoom

#58 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

So tomorrow is the last day to trade in Madden.. 

I didn't really have any other reason to go in store so I was thinking of locking it in online and shipping it...(which i haven't tried before)

Should I be safe as long as they receive within the 14 days?

1080i is for douchebags

#59 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Anyone else preorder NBA 2k14 from Best Buy? I only ask because, when I bought it, it had a Bonus Offer of being part of the upgrade to Xbox One for $10 promo.  It no longer says that next to it but it definitely did when I bought it.  I  took a screen shot just in case.  Any chance they'll actually honor it? Here's the  screenshot, I'm not sure how to make it any bigger.

I would think so.. post on their forums.

http://forums.bestbu...ses/td-p/710059

edit- crap. I sent the wrong link.

http://forums.bestbu...fer/td-p/710703

It says there its not part of it..wtf... oh well.. send it to amazon

1080i is for douchebags

#60 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's a difficult area, you could argue they have to honor it because it influenced your purchase, and for them to take it away it could be seen as a bait and switch. 

If you have RZ Silver/ Elite Plus I'd recommend calling them up and asking directly.