* * * * - 14 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 5.0 - see FAQ in OP!

Trade In Best Buy Best Buy Trade In

• Please log in to reply
8900 replies to this topic

#8881 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

The trades are never down for me when I try to trade. It takes a while sometimes, but it always works. Guess I'm just fortunate when it comes to that.

#8882 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Well yesterday was the first time I was told that. Basically I asked to do a trade, rep said let me check something because its been down most of the day, and then came back and said still down. This was around 5PM EST.

That being said, i still wish the process was quicker. 

Today the rep was basically looking me up and down after scanning my games. I guess the system asks them to describe the person trading in the game. She literally asked me if I was hispanic and what my weight was.  I just don't want to be dealing with that.. especially If i've traded in before at the store.

Luckily ive had no issues getting the extra 10%

1080i is for douchebags

#8883 tH6FOTAdfyR1RQ

tH6FOTAdfyR1RQ

Posted Yesterday, 08:18 PM

How quick is the turn-around with the Best Buy online trade-in? I sent two in to Walmart and it only took me like a week or so.

#8884 no658ea3

no658ea3

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

How quick is the turn-around with the Best Buy online trade-in? I sent two in to Walmart and it only took me like a week or so.

To get your gift card, about a week.

jac522.png

#8885 robErob

robErob

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

BBY is like 2 weeks

#8886 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:07 AM

Today the rep was basically looking me up and down after scanning my games. I guess the system asks them to describe the person trading in the game. She literally asked me if I was hispanic and what my weight was.  I just don't want to be dealing with that.. especially If i've traded in before at the store.

report the store/rep to corp.
Your measurements shouldn`t matter plus that`s info on the DL(at least in my state), race shouldn`t ever matter can`t see them keeping race trade in file.

#8887 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:19 AM

Your measurements shouldn`t matter plus that`s info on the DL(at least in my state), race shouldn`t ever matter can`t see them keeping race trade in file.

If they're just following local law rules, hard to blame the rep for that. Not everything has to be an escalation to corporate.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#8888 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

If they're just following local law rules, hard to blame the rep for that. Not everything has to be an escalation to corporate.

I think the assumption here is that isn't the case, due to how ridiculous it sounds.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#8889 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 08:04 AM

Yeah they collect that stuff here and the CSR is usually just trying to fill out the form.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8890 stuntrogue

stuntrogue

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:22 AM

I trade in a lot at best buy and the rep is just doing her job. Race and weight is one of the questions the rep has to put in to do the trade in.

:whee: Free iPad Mini/$430. Visit the CAG iPad Mini Conga Line Thread for details. Go Go Go...  :whee:

How about an iPhone or $490?  Join this Conga line, too!

#8891 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 11:16 AM

probably not even local rules - that info is all on your driver's license (which is required to trade in).  seems weird to ask the person when you can just pull the info off the DL, but whatevs.  

#8892 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

probably not even local rules - that info is all on your driver's license (which is required to trade in). seems weird to ask the person when you can just pull the info off the DL, but whatevs.

Some local laws don't trust that a DL is real, hence the extra questions.

#8893 sfabo

sfabo

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

for me,

2 days after delivery, received confirmation. 3 days later, payment.

Walmart has always paid me a day after confirmation

#8894 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 02:58 PM

Some local laws don't trust that a DL is real, hence the extra questions.

Or that the person the DL belongs to is the one that's actually in front of them.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8895 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 07:24 PM

No bonus next, hopefully Destiny value holds up. Game is becoming UNPLAYABLE for me, always getting kick out of game. 

#8896 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted Today, 07:49 PM

No bonus next, hopefully Destiny value holds up. Game is becoming UNPLAYABLE for me, always getting kick out of game.

Unfortunately, that's what happens when your internet connection sucks ballz.

I traded in my physical copy for $44 earlier during the week and I downloaded the Digital Guardian Edition. I've been having a blast

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#8897 SigV

SigV

Posted Today, 09:25 PM

For me in Florida the reps always ask for height, weight, race, eye color, hair color, build, work address, work number, home address, home number for each trade. 

They did ask for my social security/passport once but that was when the BB system wasn't working right.

#8898 aircobra

aircobra

Posted Today, 10:14 PM

Unfortunately, that's what happens when your internet connection sucks ballz.

I traded in my physical copy for $44 earlier during the week and I downloaded the Digital Guardian Edition. I've been having a blast

Lol getting disconnected from this game doesn't mean you have a crappy connection. The servers just suck.

644690.png

#8899 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 10:17 PM

Lol getting disconnected from this game doesn't mean you have a crappy connection. The servers just suck.

Not quite

http://kotaku.com/ha...ty-s-1637217226

contra.gif

#8900 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 10:25 PM

no problem trading in for me today, got rid of destiny, p vs z and need for speed rivals all on ps4. got around $90. not bad for a free destiny and cheap nfs from gamefly.

#8901 aircobra

aircobra

Posted Today, 11:23 PM

Not quite

http://kotaku.com/ha...ty-s-1637217226

That was only like 30 mins.

644690.png