Get a Dualshock 4 PS4 controller for $19.99 at amazon by trading a best buy game ($17.99 if you are a gamers club unlocked)

TheBigmac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
First, go here and check if this game is available for you for local pick up. The game is $19.99 (Or $17.99 for best buy gamers club unlocked members):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocksmith-guitar-and-bass-8212-pre-owned-playstation-3/6967458.p?id=1218817523737&skuId=6967458&st=Rocksmith%20Guitar%20and%20Bass&lp=5&cp=1

At the time of this post, amazon is giving $30 trade in credit for the PS3 version of the game. Make sure it's still the case by clicking here, selecvting the ps3 version (then page defaults to 360) and verifying the trade in value on the right side of the page: 

http://www.amazon.com/Rocksmith-Guitar-Bass-Xbox-360/dp/B0088MVQJQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380833211&sr=8-3&keywords=rocksmith+guitar+and+bass

If both things are good, submit your amazon trade immediately (This won't last long) and lock it in. When you submit the $30 trade, amazon will mention they will give you an extra $30 credit if you use it towards a dualshock 4 controller. Basically, what it says in this promotion:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=aaof8ixuEeOiih6lZJZBYQOiz_ukXj3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&docId=1001420741

Once your trade is locked, buy the best buy game. Local pick up is preferred, but if there's none available in your area, you might want to try your luck with shipping. Do lock your amazon trade first thou. 

You don't need to trade a guitar or any accesories with the game. The game is simply called "Guitar and bass". That doesn't mean it includes a guitar or a bass. Just that it's a game that teaches you to play......guitar and bass.

Be mindful of other fellow CAGs who also might want to get an extra dualshock 4 for themselves, and don't be a d-bag and sumbit 100 rocksmith trades while wiping all best buys of any stock of the game. Just don't abuse it. We can be civil and do our best so in Jack Tretton's words, "Everyone who wants one, gets one" ok?

Good luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And 1 minute later it's down to $13.94

Edit :mobile version was being crappy

Best Buy sells a BB exclusive version of the game so there may be possible issues with a trade in.

You'll be able to tell right away because if the copy originally came from Best Buy, you'll see a yellow "Best But exclusive" logo on the front cover which may come with a different UPC.

Thanks for heads up. Two stores report it in stock near me. Locked it in on Amazon and will go see if they're complete.

As others have mentioned, BB's system doesn't differentiate between the Best Buy exclusive regular version of Rocksmith and the actual Rocksmith Guitar and Bass game listed for trade on AMZ.  They're both under the same used SKU at BB.  This TIV has been at $30 on AMZ since late last year and I ran into this issue.

Also, AMZ trade-in processing will likely bump you down to Acceptable for not including the guitar cable with the game as well (which would only net $21 and not qualify you for the DS4 promotion).  Again, I know this from personal experience.

Good luck though...

Best Buy sells a BB exclusive version of the game so there may be possible issues with a trade in.

You'll be able to tell right away because if the copy originally came from Best Buy, you'll see a yellow "Best But exclusive" logo on the front cover which may come with a different UPC.
You got a point. I do know amazon has laxed their policies in this regard lately, to the point their trading banner now reads "Even if you didn't buy them on amazon". Look here:

http://i.imgur.com/VQeOKsm.jpg

If you cannot find it at BB then the Warehouse has LN copies for 30.44. Not as good, but still a free $29.56 if you need another DS4 anyway.

The big issue with this is BB does not promise cover art of manuals. As such you may not be able to get the full value of the trade-in. But you can always request the game sent back to you if rejected and then return it to BBY (if you are Elite or Elite Plus)

The big issue with this is BB does not promise cover art of manuals. As such you may not be able to get the full value of the trade-in. But you can always request the game sent back to you if rejected and then return it to BBY (if you are Elite or Elite Plus)
So it is possible to return open Pre-owned games?

Be mindful of other fellow CAGs who also might want to get an extra dualshock 4 for themselves, and don't be a d-bag and sumbit 100 rocksmith trades while wiping all best buys of any stock of the game. Just don't abuse it. We can be civil and do our best so in Jack Tretton's words, "Everyone who wants one, gets one" ok?
1 star for this part, alone.

Rules?

aint.jpg

I gambled. I locked in two copies and found two Best Buys on the way back to my hometown that each had one.

*Fingers crossed*

**EDIT

I just realized that this was a bumped thread from a couple weeks ago.

Amazon still has the $30 TIV and Best Buy has since dropped the price of the game to only $9.99

This deal will be even sweeter for me then if it goes through! 

Only 9.99 for the game. One instock at the furthest local BB. Not going to pick up PS4 anytime soon, but still might jump on it for 10.

Might be also out of date but I submitted 2 Vanquish PS3 (at the time TIV was $15.xx each) from GS.  Paid just over $20 after Bday coupons in GS credit to get that DS4 preordered.

YMMV. Check your local Sam's Club.  They have both ps3 and 360 versions of Rock smith Guitar and Bass for $4.81. They also have the first version Guitar only with Cable for the same price. 

If you buy both and send in the G&B with the cable it should be $30.00 credit for $10.00.

On a side note Skylanders for 360 trades in to Amazon for $18.35, also on sale for $9.81 at Sam's Club.  Again YMMV

Best buy $9.99 new versions have exclusive tracks, highly doubt the UPC will match for Amazon trade (non exclusive version).

As to used BBuy copies it might not be a BBuy exclusive edition.....

everyone is assuming youd get a complete copy at best buy right to get that $30 value?
Even if not still a 10 flip as acceptable is 21ish so even if its just the game in case with no cable, still doubles to 21, just get 2 copys, pay 20 for 40 credit, still gets you the promo if done as one trade in right?

Did anyone who submitted their Rocksmith game to Amazon have their trades rejected?
My buddy and I both went through with this trade in. We both picked up Rocksmith from BBY and sent a copy into Amazon. His went through just fine but mine got rejected. Both copies were in exactly the same condition with the same included manuals (i.e. none). When I get my copy back, I'm going to send it back in on a different Amazon account. I think it's a very YMMV process.

Even though their website said they had it in stock, Best Buy in Colma, CA only had the regular Rocksmith, not the Guitar and Bass version.

When they read this thread. You know Amazon has a representative who posts here, right?
Of course naturally I know all 624,324,235 members who post on the site. The trade in value was still $30 last week if I recall correctly. Glad I already got in on the promo using Rocksmith.

I think mine took about a week to get graded...my controller just came in the mail a few days ago, hopefully we can find some more trade ins for this before it ends

Just got two copies of BB accepted at $30 a pop with the first giving the promotions. So a DS4 for  essentially $10 bucks and an extra net $20 amazon credit, Not bad for $20 bucks, 16 if I get them to price adjust to themselves right now.

Edit: DS4 ended up costing me $1.58 for tax plus the cost of Rocksmith at BB. Not bad.

Can u take advantage of the offer more than once?
Just tried to make a trade in for arkham origins with value at 30 and it did not seem to trigger the promotion. Either it is over, or it is once per account. Don't know what the promotion is supposed to be until off hand.

Edit: Well weird. Now I put in a trade for PS3 500 GB Grand Theft Auto V Bundle at $146.82 and triggered the promo for both the PS4 and XB1 controller $30 promo offer.

bread's done
Back