Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/10 to 11/16)

sunday ads

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#31 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Two issues with this 'deal': need to be GCU (I'm not, never will be) and it's select titles only.  Versus Target that has no strings attached and you can get any games.  Just keep that in mind when comparing.

Also, ACIV is $5 back at Target if you pre-order.

All very true, although I'm already GCU and it contains all the titles I was planning on getting anyways, so it works better for me (and I can pay with bby funny money instead of cash), but I'll likely still go the Target route due to the total cheapness (b2g1 + 30% off coupon + 5% redcard + the ability to return games for prorated values).  It's still nice to have a release week alternative should shit get nutty at Target and I can't find all three titles I want at one of the twelve Targets in my area.

#32 m3ha

m3ha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

hahahahaha... You can't price match target!  Even if you could, they wouldn't stack all those other things on to it!

BB price match policy, will not do an BOGO deals!!!!

Uhhhhh I've gotten BB to price match B2G1 deal before. They were happy to do it. I fully expect them to price match the deal on the 15th.

#33 bestkeeper14

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

They are not supposed to price match, and even bb has already emailed saying they will not match that deal.  I worked their for 2 years, no price matching gc or bogo deals.  someone does they can get a lot of trouble.

PLEASE VISIT MY PLAYSTATION BLOG!!!!

http://lifestyleplay...n.blogspot.com/

TODAY'S TOPIC:Retro Wednesday - NHL 2004

russdornisch.png

#34 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

They are not supposed to price match, and even bb has already emailed saying they will not match that deal.  I worked their for 2 years, no price matching gc or bogo deals.  someone does they can get a lot of trouble.

As was stated twice, they are not supposed to do it, but a lot of stores will anyway.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#35 fantasyphil

fantasyphil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

question on the best buy website it says all of the games I want are releasing this friday? That means I would have to preorder them before hand right? thanks! 

#36 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

question on the best buy website it says all of the games I want are releasing this friday? That means I would have to preorder them before hand right? thanks! 

^ This. If you still want to get in on the "Get $10" deal. PS4 titles still eligible include:

Assassin's Creed IV

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Madden 25

NBA 2K14

LOTS of titles ship dates seem to be moving up so if you want to get this, preorder today to not miss getting the deal.

And yes, this combines with the buy 3 for $25 in certs in the ad.

Seems reasonable to expect this for Xbox One as well...

#37 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have successfully matched Target's Buy 2 Get 1 every time that I have tried at my local Best Buy. They technically aren't supposed to (hence the YMMV). And Reward Zone offers will go through regardless of a PM.

Gosh, that makes me wonder/extremely hope that my local Best Buy will match.  I only want two games but at the very least I could buy the two I want and trade in the third for $40 or so dollars towards a PS+ yearly membership (I sitll have a month trial to use so I would probably just hold onto the credit until the Black Friday PS+ deal).

#38 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

If only COD Ghosts is part of the Buy 3 deal then BBY will be an easy choice where I'm getting my PS4 games.

Dariel16.png

#39 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

anytime a match for bogo the manager read it as save 33% on all 3.

Really just depends if they're in a good mood.

#40 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Hmmm, since the new GCU kicks in on Sunday I can get Killzone, BF4, AC4 on Tuesday for $48 each, plus get $20 in rewards from BF4 and AC4, and get $25 for the Buy 3 deal.

$144 spent in games

$45 back in Rewards

I like it!

#41 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

Ac tanks within 45 days anyways.

#42 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Wait, I just realized something: The new GCU benefits come later, but you have to preorder for the $10 certificate prior to release. When you preorder, the price for purchase is already locked in, even if you do in-store pickup. Any thoughts?

#43 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Wait, I just realized something: The new GCU benefits come later, but you have to preorder for the $10 certificate prior to release. When you preorder, the price for purchase is already locked in, even if you do in-store pickup. Any thoughts?

The new GCU starts on the 10th so we'll find out if the discount apply on preorders that day or the following day.

From past experience with BBY as long as you preorder the day before release you still get the bonus.

Dariel16.png

#44 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

What I'm going to do is do the in-store preorder of $5, then go in next week with the preorder receipt to pick up the games and make sure everything comes together smoothly (probably after an hour effort as usual at my store).

OR, would it be better to order everything online for store-pickup on Sunday, thus all discounts and rewards should be applied?

#45 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

I need to cancel my online orders and see if I can preorder in-store with 5 down so I can get in on these deals.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#46 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Does anyone know what the select games are?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#47 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

The new GCU starts on the 10th so we'll find out if the discount apply on preorders that day or the following day.

From past experience with BBY as long as you preorder the day before release you still get the bonus.

Hmmmmm...my ACIV PS4 is showing release date of Friday, the 8th. Let's hope it's incorrect.

#48 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Odd, yeah Best Buy's site is showing 11/8 release date for AC4. I better go in tomorrow and preorder it as you have 7 days to pick up, just in case!

#49 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Hmmmmm...my ACIV PS4 is showing release date of Friday, the 8th. Let's hope it's incorrect.

This is what I don't get about the release dates of PS4 games. Why can't they just release them the same day as the console releases. No point in releasing the games early when you have no console to play it on anyway. I usually preorder online because I never had any problem with promo compare to instore but I guess I have to do this instore to maximize the bonuses.

Dariel16.png

#50 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

For the buy 3, do you have to do it all at the same time?

I already have AC4 and BF4 on preorder via instore pickup. I don't want to cancel them right now because I used 3 RZ certs on them and I dont think I'd get it back in time to use again (a couple of times Best Buy never even refunded my certs and I had to call CS). But I can deal with that. If I just buy Killzone that same week would the promo just register to my account?

evophile.pngevophile.png

#51 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

For the buy 3, do you have to do it all at the same time?

I already have AC4 and BF4 on preorder via instore pickup. I don't want to cancel them right now because I used 3 RZ certs on them and I dont think I'd get it back in time to use again (a couple of times Best Buy never even refunded my certs and I had to call CS). But I can deal with that. If I just buy Killzone that same week would the promo just register to my account?

That is an EXCELLENT question, you should definitely post of BB's game forum to get an answer on this (http://forums.bestbu.../Gaming-Support). I HATE how BB handles RZ certs if you have to do returns or cancels as you have to wait for them to be put back onto your accounts. =_=

#52 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Buy 3 games save 20% off each would be $36 saving ($12 off each) plus the $25 gift card equaling $61 total Saving :-$

The Same as Target B2G1... Plus if you have something pre-order getting the $10 would make it $71 in all, way more then Target right? :-k  :shock:

#53 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

I like Target's straight up deal better, but then I remembered I have a $30 RZ cert and fiftysomething in GC I can dump on this, and with the bonuses it seems like the best idea.  Now to see if I get the coupon to renew my GCU at the discounted price.

Posted Image

#54 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

So is it confirmed the new gamers club 20% off will stack with a price match? Everyone keeps talking like it does.

#55 Holdmyown83

Holdmyown83

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

So is it points or credit

#56 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

The new Gcu is stupid, paying 120 upfront to save $12 on each game when most people here don't think $48 is a bargain and pm 30-$40 w/o having to be enrolled.

So you pay upfront and some place else has it cheaper, you're SOL

#57 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

The new Gcu is stupid, paying 120 upfront to save $12 on each game when most people here don't think $48 is a bargain and pm 30-$40 w/o having to be enrolled.

So you pay upfront and some place else has it cheaper, you're SOL

I don't think anyone in this thread suggested paying the $120. Current GCU members are grandfathered in to the new promo.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#58 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

I have such a huge backlog of games I guess it's just going to be resogun and contrast for me for a while. I kind of want knack and killzone but haven't even opened killzone 3 yet and not that big into fps's anyways. Does anyone know if anyone is offering the official vertical stand for the suggested $14.00 retail. I have not found one anywhere online and none in store at my local gamestop or walmart. Actually still trying to decide if I'm even going to go vertical with the PS4 because I made just enough space to lay it horizontal beside my vertical PS3. I do think it looks cooler vertical though and my launch PS3 runs far cooler vertical.

#59 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Dammit, Best Buy has AC4 and BF4 releasing tomorrow, wasn't able to preorder in-store just now. Well guess I'll stick with Target unless Amazon truly does the same deal.

#60 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Whats the 30% coupon people are talking about at Target?

My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested