Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/10 to 11/16)

sunday ads

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#61 m3ha

m3ha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Dammit, Best Buy has AC4 and BF4 releasing tomorrow, wasn't able to preorder in-store just now. Well guess I'll stick with Target unless Amazon truly does the same deal.

You've always been able to pre-order up to the day before the game is released. You should have been able to pre-order both of them.

#62 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

You've always been able to pre-order up to the day before the game is released. You should have been able to pre-order both of them.

Yeah they wouldn't let me aside from preordering online, which screws up the best deal with the GCU 20% off. Made a topic on BB's forum about it, see if anything happens as I'd be going to a competitor otherwise.

#63 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Answer coming on the preorder issue and how it relates to getting the certs from the Get $10 offer very soon. The issue here is very few of the PS4 and XBX1 games have actual street dates and that is causing problems with preorder.

As you were saying, can still preorder online but not in-store on many of these titles. But if your GCU is expired and you are waiting for your renewal offer to hit, you can't get your 20% discount on the order. If your GCU is still live, no issue for ordering through .com.

You'll see a recommendation on how best to order to make sure you get all the offers you are eligible to get very soon.

#64 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Buy 3 games save 20% off each would be $36 saving ($12 off each) plus the $25 gift card equaling $61 total Saving :-$

The Same as Target B2G1... Plus if you have something pre-order getting the $10 would make it $71 in all, way more then Target right? :-k  :shock:

I'd love to know the answer to this.  Most retailers would never allow that many promos to stack, but Best Buy can be very generous or very foolish at times...

#65 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Buy 3 games save 20% off each would be $36 saving ($12 off each) plus the $25 gift card equaling $61 total Saving :-$
The Same as Target B2G1... Plus if you have something pre-order getting the $10 would make it $71 in all, way more then Target right? :-k :shock:

Target is still better because it is less out of pocket and you aren't limited on what games you can get. Plus the 30% off coupon should be able to be used at Target as well.

At Best Buy if you have the GCU you are paying $144 for 3 games and $25-35 in credit (depends on if you want an eligible $10 promo game). The credit can take up to a month to receive as well.

TheVila.png

#66 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

I'd love to know the answer to this.  Most retailers would never allow that many promos to stack, but Best Buy can be very generous or very foolish at times...

Best Buy Forum post on the subject/question: http://forums.bestbu...ent/td-p/723505

Eligible for both discount AND any reward certificate promotions. If all three of your titles were preordered and part of the Get 10 offer then your total benefit is: $36 in savings (20% GCU discount) + $25 in certificates (buying 3 qualified PS4 games by 11/16) + $30 in certificates (preordering and purchasing 3 "Get 10 titles") - that's $91 total.

If you've got a bunch of BBY credit, even better.

#67 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

If I preorder AC4, Killzone, and BF4 online for pick up now, will I be eligible for the $25 credit? I see that they are taking the 20% off for GCU, but if the $25 credit for 3 games isn't until next week I'm worried it won't be applied even if I pick them up next week.

#68 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

If I preorder AC4, Killzone, and BF4 online for pick up now, will I be eligible for the $25 credit? I see that they are taking the 20% off for GCU, but if the $25 credit for 3 games isn't until next week I'm worried it won't be applied even if I pick them up next week.

Actually just thought about the same thing. The ad scan says "purchase...this week"

#69 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

So, will they count the purchase as the day I ordered or they day I pick them up?

#70 StingrayX

StingrayX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

oh wow, i didnt even know about this crazy deal from best buy = I just ordered BF4, Knack, and lego marvel for $48 each =D

#71 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Wait, are you guys able to get the 20% to work online? I keep going through checkout but it doesn't take off the 20% before I confirm the order...

#72 StingrayX

StingrayX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

yeah, i got the 20% off

#73 rainersnow

rainersnow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

I just called and spoke with a couple of people at My Best Buy and they confirmed that the $10 RZ does indeed stack with the 20%. Here is what I was told:

If you ordered online for in-store pick-up: they will do a price adjustment and give you the $12 back on your CC or on a gift card at the time of pick-up.  

If you ordered on-line with shipping:  once the item is delivered, call the 888 number and speak to "on-line post purchase support" for the adjustment.  They will do the adjustment that way.

#74 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I just called and spoke with a couple of people at My Best Buy and they confirmed that the $10 RZ does indeed stack with the 20%. Here is what I was told:

If you ordered online for in-store pick-up: they will do a price adjustment and give you the $12 back on your CC or on a gift card at the time of pick-up.

If you ordered on-line with shipping: once the item is delivered, call the 888 number and speak to "on-line post purchase support" for the adjustment. They will do the adjustment that way.

Thanks for the news. I guess I will have to wait til next week to pick up my BF4 and AC4, hope I get the GCU coupon before then and that if I buy Kilkzone seperately it still registers the 3 for $25 cert

No one said launch was easy lol!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#75 fantasyphil

fantasyphil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Question, I buy 3 games online for in store pick up. If I pick them up sunday will I still be able to get the 25 dollar in points? 

#76 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Should just say msrp on ps4 titles but thanks!

LOL!! Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106889.png

#77 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Question, I buy 3 games online for in store pick up. If I pick them up sunday will I still be able to get the 25 dollar in points? 

Wondering the same thing. tried online and still no 20% discount.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 io

io

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

What is the $10 RZ cert preorder offer? Does it only work on ACIV, or can I get it on NBA 2K14 (for PS4)? Now that I'll have GCU unlocked again with the 20% discount I'm looking at getting this there - but only if I can get the additional $10 RZ cert. At just $48, I'll wait... Sorry, I have been totally out of the loop for Best Buy deals recently.

#79 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

What is the $10 RZ cert preorder offer? Does it only work on ACIV, or can I get it on NBA 2K14 (for PS4)? Now that I'll have GCU unlocked again with the 20% discount I'm looking at getting this there - but only if I can get the additional $10 RZ cert. At just $48, I'll wait... Sorry, I have been totally out of the loop for Best Buy deals recently.

www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

NBA 2K14 is one of the games.

#80 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Best Buy's in Northern Virginia have told me they will not match target's B2G1. 

#81 xjwoj

xjwoj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

The wording on this is kinda fishy, maybe I just don't buy from best buy that often but can someone help me out here?

"Purchase 3 of any select titles, receive a $25 My Best Buy Bonus Points *Offer valid through 11/16*"

Aren't the bonus points just 25 points added to your balance? Not an actual GC?

Thanks.

#82 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

The wording on this is kinda fishy, maybe I just don't buy from best buy that often but can someone help me out here?

"Purchase 3 of any select titles, receive a $25 My Best Buy Bonus Points *Offer valid through 11/16*"

Aren't the bonus points just 25 points added to your balance? Not an actual GC?

Thanks.

You will receive $25 worth of points to your account. It usually take 30 days, then it turns into a $25 certificate. 

#83 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

So pretty much today is the last day to preorder BF4 and AC4 online since it's too late to do it instore. I think this is gonna be hard to purchase say KZ next week and call to try and get the extra $25 cert since if you get BF4 and AC 4 this week that promo is not active yet.

I just got shut down trying to do a PM on Batman Origins by using the 20% GCU discount. She told me to return and rebuy but that's not gonna happen since I got the metalpak and the $10 bonus cert.

So it looks like either preorder both BF4 and AC4 now and get the bonus $20 Cert for both or wait til next week and buy 3 games in one transaction to get the $25 cert bonus. Decisions, decisions....

Dariel16.png

#84 ning726

ning726

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

If I preorder 3 games that are eligible for the $10 dollar reward certs, would I still be eligible for the $25 for 3 deal making it $55 reward certs in total? Can this deal be combined?

#85 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Will best buy match the target Buy2G1 free deal?

I haven't been inside BB or target in a looong time.

#86 xjwoj

xjwoj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

At my local best buy you can still pre order BF4 and the like. That's strange. Maybe YMMV?

#87 Burne

Burne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Where is this 30% off coupon for Target? I know others have asked but I haven't seen an answer.

nvm, found it here.

http://www.cheapassg...n-exp-1230ymmv/

#88 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

So is it too late for me to pre-order AC4 on PS4 for the $10 GC bonus, or are they going to work something out?

#89 io

io

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

So is it too late for me to pre-order AC4 on PS4 for the $10 GC bonus, or are they going to work something out?

Same question but for NBA 2K14. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, maybe, if I can get out there. Otherwise I won't be able to do it until Saturday.

Also, how do you know what the in-store cutoff date is for preorders?

#90 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Same question but for NBA 2K14. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, maybe, if I can get out there. Otherwise I won't be able to do it until Saturday.

Also, how do you know what the in-store cutoff date is for preorders?

I've done this a handful of times - I've successfully preordered up to Saturday afternoon in-store prior to release and gotten the points.  As long as it shows up in the kiosk for preorder you should be fine.  The system only really cares that you're in the gamer's club and that you picked it up within X days of release.  I'm going to go pick up an AC4 preorder today since the anecdotal evidence over in the Target b2g1 thread is that shit is gonna suck over there next week.

MildObstruction.png