Wii mini + Mario Kart Bundle at Sam's

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

What are the hacker's doing? Is it just the DS snaking or what? (Does this mean that Mario Kart WiiU will be "hacked" out the gate?)

#32 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

What are the hacker's doing? Is it just the DS snaking or what? (Does this mean that Mario Kart WiiU will be "hacked" out the gate?)

Since the Wii's OS has been blown open with all that homebrew nonsense, you'll find multitudes of hackers/cheaters playing online with infinite items. Someone with infinite lightning bolts isn't a whole lot of fun to play against.

Just like Tetris DS back in the day...all it takes is to run into one player with infinite I-blocks to make you want to take the cartridge out and throw it at the wall.

oIi9lub.png

#33 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Since the Wii's OS has been blown open with all that homebrew nonsense, you'll find multitudes of hackers/cheaters playing online with infinite items. Someone with infinite lightning bolts isn't a whole lot of fun to play against.

Just like Tetris DS back in the day...all it takes is to run into one player with infinite I-blocks to make you want to take the cartridge out and throw it at the wall.

Oh that sucks. I don't understand how anyone finds any joy in that.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#34 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Because the Wii is a third of the cost of the Wii U and has a library that's five or six times the size of the Wii U library, most of which is also a third (or less) of the cost.

It's like saying "Why would you buy a PS2 when the PS3 exists?" Because at the PS3's launch the PS2 was, again, like a third of the price and had a shitton of fantastic titles for cheap.

Right, but the Wii U can also play Wii games and is still receiving new content.  It'd be smarter to spend $300 now and be good for the next 5-6 years than to spend $100 now and have to spend $200-300 later anyway.  It's not that big of a difference like the $120 PS2 vs $600 PS3 situation was.  Plus it would save you the headache of having to do the PITA content transfer.  Etc etc etc.

The Wii's library is nowhere near the PS2's as well, in both quantity and quality.

uc.png

#35 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Right, but the Wii U can also play Wii games and is still receiving new content.  It'd be smarter to spend $300 now and be good for the next 5-6 years than to spend $100 now and have to spend $200-300 later anyway.  It's not that big of a difference like the $120 PS2 vs $600 PS3 situation was.  Plus it would save you the headache of having to do the PITA content transfer.  Etc etc etc.

But what if I'm not interested in the Wii U at all? What if I just want to play Wii games? I should be forced into spending $300 when I only need the $100-priced hardware to do what I want it to? That doesn't make any sense.

That's like saying stores should stop selling DVD Players because Blu-Ray is available. What if I don't intend on buying Blu-Rays? I just need something to play DVDs.

oIi9lub.png

#36 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

This is the bundle that's a perfect fit for casual gamers like those who don't give two sh- about online or other things, and want to play a game just like that.

Regular games, definitely avoid this.

Batsugunner.png

#37 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

But what if I'm not interested in the Wii U at all? What if I just want to play Wii games? I should be forced into spending $300 when I only need the $100-priced hardware to do what I want it to? That doesn't make any sense.

That's like saying stores should stop selling DVD Players because Blu-Ray is available. What if I don't intend on buying Blu-Rays? I just need something to play DVDs.

Right, but DVDs still get new releases; Wii games don't.  If all movies were to suddenly be released in Blu-Ray only then it would make more sense to buy a Blu-Ray player that plays both versus a DVD player that is practically obsolete and won't be supported ever again.  It's smarter to futureproof now than to take the cheap route and have to shell out extra money later.

uc.png

#38 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

I wouldn't mind picking up one of these for collecting purposes. Most I'd pay is around $50.

#39 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

The only reason I would want this is for the red Wiimote/nunchuk.

#40 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Why is everyone so surprised that Nintendo would released a stripped-down, cheaper version of one of their consoles? They did the same thing for the NES, SNES, and Game Boy Advance.

#41 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Right, but DVDs still get new releases; Wii games don't.

What do you mean by this comment?

http://www.amazon.co...ob plankton wii

http://www.amazon.co...ords=NBA 2k wii

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#42 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Linking to last year's NBA 2K game doesn't support your case.

default.png2.png

#43 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Who gives a shit why anyone wants to buy this? Obviously someone does, and if you don't want to, time to take a hike.

#44 TastyPorkBone

TastyPorkBone

How Could You Not Like Bacon !?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

After tracking the IP address of the OP, it seems he posted from a place called "Montreal, Canada"

;)

w7c9.png

#45 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Lol

#46 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Most people here seem to be against this. I was considering on buying the standalone model from Amazon.

I own an SNES mini, a PSP Go, a Gameboy Micro, and even thinking about getting a 2DS.  So this mini Wii might be up my alley if the price is right.

Edit: Not cool original poster getting my hopes up that the Wii mini was sold in a U.S. physical store.

#47 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Right, but DVDs still get new releases; Wii games don't.

So hey. Guess what? 5 minutes of checking Amazon says you're wrong.

Just Dance 2014: October 8, 2013
Skylanders SWAP Force: October 13, 2013
Cabela's African Adventures: October 15, 2013
Wipeout Create & Crash: October 15, 2013
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: October 22, 2013
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge: October 22, 2013
Just Dance Kids 2014: October 22, 2013
Just Dance: October 29, 2013
Monster High: 13 Wishes: October 29, 2013
Angry Birds Star Wars: October 29, 2013
Ben 10 Omniverse 2: November 5, 2013
Zumba Fitness World Party: November 5, 2013
Zumba Kids: November 19, 2013
Young Justice: Legacy: November 19, 2013
Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse: November 19, 2013
The Croods: Prehistoric Party & Rise of the Guardians: Combo Pack: March 25, 2014
We Sing: UK Hits: March 27, 2014

oIi9lub.png

#48 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Oh man, this is a sneaky release by Nintendo.

I want one as a collectible. Here's hoping they eventually show up at all retail stores.

Who gives a shit why anyone wants to buy this? Obviously someone does, and if you don't want to, time to take a hike.

LOL yeah exactly. Is this a stripped down barebones Wii that can't be hacked, and can't even put an SD card in it? Hell yes.  Is it something that can't even go online or even buy Virtual Console games? Damn straight.

But the funny thing is, this thing is coming SO late that it's going to become a collectors item. I want to own one just to own. Sort of like an NES top loader, SNES Model 2, or a GBA Micro.

Damn, I can remember back when the GBA Micro was a Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart when the DS recently came out and there was a pallet FULL of them for like $40. $40! I bought one, buy unfortunately I got ripped off trying to do a trade online that included that item, and someone stole it from me.

I also remember when Wii launched, even a while after later on - I found a Gamecube silver Mario Kart bundle at Target for $50! One of the better deals I've ever landed. Brand new previous generation systems are rare to come back after a point.

OP can you confirm that you're in the US and at least what state you're in, because I'm curious about this bundle.

It's funny I found ONE on eBay with this bundle and its a NTSC model:

http://www.ebay.com/...W-/271291333041

The specs are weird as well. It has 8GB of onboard memory apparently according to eBay. WTF? That's more than the 360 if that's accurate. And the only thing you can do with that storage is SAVE GAMES.

EDIT: OP's post history shows he's Puerto Rican. Hey that's a US territory correct? Weird but ... I guess it's possible it may come to the mainland US.

#49 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

OP is from Puerto Rico, Canada.

Move along, folks.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#50 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Might get 1 of these things, for under $100, to keep sealed.

Linking to last year's NBA 2K game doesn't support your case.

The Spongebob link does.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#51 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

LOL yeah exactly. Is this a stripped down barebones Wii that can't be hacked, and can't even put an SD card in it? Hell yes. Is it something that can't even go online or even buy Virtual Console games? Damn straight.

But the funny thing is, this thing is coming SO late that it's going to become a collectors item. I want to own one just to own. Sort of like an NES top loader, SNES Model 2, or a GBA Micro.

Damn, I can remember back when the GBA Micro was a Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart when the DS recently came out and there was a pallet FULL of them for like $40. $40! I bought one, buy unfortunately I got ripped off trying to do a trade online that included that item, and someone stole it from me.

I also remember when Wii launched, even a while after later on - I found a Gamecube silver Mario Kart bundle at Target for $50! One of the better deals I've ever landed. Brand new previous generation systems are rare to come back after a point.

OP can you confirm that you're in the US and at least what state you're in, because I'm curious about this bundle.

It's funny I found ONE on eBay with this bundle and its a NTSC model:

http://www.ebay.com/...W-/271291333041

The specs are weird as well. It has 8GB of onboard memory apparently according to eBay. WTF? That's more than the 360 if that's accurate. And the only thing you can do with that storage is SAVE GAMES.

EDIT: OP's post history shows he's Puerto Rican. Hey that's a US territory correct? Weird but ... I guess it's possible it may come to the mainland US.

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad someone else remembers that GB Micro Walmart was selling for dirty cheap...too bad I sneered at it at the time...

#52 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

If it did component i would get one but it only does composite....WTF nintendo.

#53 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

So hey. Guess what? 5 minutes of checking Amazon says you're wrong.

Just Dance 2014: October 8, 2013
Skylanders SWAP Force: October 13, 2013
Cabela's African Adventures: October 15, 2013
Wipeout Create & Crash: October 15, 2013
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: October 22, 2013
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge: October 22, 2013
Just Dance Kids 2014: October 22, 2013
Just Dance: October 29, 2013
Monster High: 13 Wishes: October 29, 2013
Angry Birds Star Wars: October 29, 2013
Ben 10 Omniverse 2: November 5, 2013
Zumba Fitness World Party: November 5, 2013
Zumba Kids: November 19, 2013
Young Justice: Legacy: November 19, 2013
Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse: November 19, 2013
The Croods: Prehistoric Party & Rise of the Guardians: Combo Pack: March 25, 2014
We Sing: UK Hits: March 27, 2014

All multiplats/shovelware.  The only quality(ish) game on that list is Skylanders, and that's available on every other system including Wii U.  You knew what I meant by "no games"; I'm not going to go into a binary semantics battle to satisfy your obsession with playing devil's advocate.  No one is buying a Wii to play fucking Barbie or Young Justice.

Nintendo isn't making games for it and won't be manufacturing the console itself soon.  It's dead, and if you're in the market for a new Nintendo system it would be a waste of money to buy one at this point.

uc.png

#54 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

I'm getting Young Justice for the Wii...

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#55 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

I just bought a Wii U, but now I'm going to buy a Wii just because I can. My money to waste, stop worrying about what everyone else spends their money on.

#56 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

All multiplats/shovelware.  The only quality(ish) game on that list is Skylanders, and that's available on every other system including Wii U.  You knew what I meant by "no games"; I'm not going to go into a binary semantics battle to satisfy your obsession with playing devil's advocate.  No one is buying a Wii to play fucking Barbie or Young Justice.

Nintendo isn't making games for it and won't be manufacturing the console itself soon.  It's dead, and if you're in the market for a new Nintendo system it would be a waste of money to buy one at this point.

Stop moving the goddamn goalposts. First you say that there's no new Wii releases, now you're saying that shovelware and multiplatform titles don't count.

And how do you know that a parent isn't going to buy a inexpensive Wii this Christmas for their daughter to play Barbie & Mario? Or for their son to play Young Justice and Zelda? Just because these games aren't meant for you doesn't automatically invalid their existence.

oIi9lub.png

#57 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

WTF is the point of putting the Nintendo WiFi logo on the game if the system can't play online games?

You can play online with the Ethernet Adapter.

Ok let get this right. It wasn't me that found it on Sam's it was a friend of mine that live in Mexico. But anyways its supposed to stay on Canada and UK right? Maybe soon we will see it on the States?

EDIT

Also on a Facebook Mexican Fanpage a lot of members have bought it.

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

#58 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

You can play online with the Ethernet Adapter.

I don't believe this is possible, but someone feel free to correct me.

oIi9lub.png

#59 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Stores still sell DVD players lol.

#60 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I don't believe this is possible, but someone feel free to correct me.

GBATemp.net