Wii mini + Mario Kart Bundle at Sam's

EvilMakiPR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I thought this was only for Canada and UK

1381635_10202406893680192_1089828260_n.jpg

EDIT:

That was on Mexico. Nintendo confimed it for US.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/04/wii-mini-confirmed-for-north-america/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

$99 and it includes Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not on their website, did you see this yourself in a us store? Also what was the price?

Last edited:
Bundling the poster child for Nintendo online gaming with a console that can't go online? Ingenious.

As if Wii buyers aren't confused enough.
I'm sure they want to confuse people.

Last edited:
I did a quick google search and noticed they're being sold on Amazon for $125 (fulfilled by Amazon) with no apparent embargo. I thought this was comming out closer to xmas.

I did a quick google search and noticed they're being sold on Amazon for $125 (fulfilled by Amazon) with no apparent embargo. I thought this was comming out closer to xmas.
Amazon doesn't officially sell Nintendo hardware in the US.

Why would Wii buyers be confused? They'd be less confused I'd think since they know they only buy systems when they're sub $130 and have massive libraries. Seems patient and smart to me
It comes with a game that says it can be played online, but the system they are buying has no internet connectivity whatsoever. Tack that onto the fact that Nintendo should have never even bothered with producing such a travesty and put more effort into trying to sell the Wii U.

MSRP was $129.99 CAD in Canada.

Now they reduce to $79.99 CAD for stand alone and another Mario Kart bundle for $99.99 CAD.

Speaking of cables, I have been wracking my brain over Wii2HDMI/ViewHD or a component cable.

Bundling the poster child for Nintendo online gaming with a console that can't go online? Ingenious.

I'm sure they want to confuse people.
I think it should be bundled with the 2DS for MAXIMUM confusion-ess!

I remember hearing about this piece of junk a while back. Haven't heard of it since, so I thought it was canned. Guess not. Between this and the 2DS, I wonder if Nintendo has lost its mind.

Oh man, this is a sneaky release by Nintendo.

I want one as a collectible. Here's hoping they eventually show up at all retail stores.

I don't see how anyone wanting to play Wii games at this point wouldn't just upgrade to a Wii U and be done with it.
Because the Wii is a third of the cost of the Wii U and has a library that's five or six times the size of the Wii U library, most of which is also a third (or less) of the cost.

It's like saying "Why would you buy a PS2 when the PS3 exists?" Because at the PS3's launch the PS2 was, again, like a third of the price and had a shitton of fantastic titles for cheap.

Have you played Mario Kart Wii online lately? It's not pleasant. It's become a hackers' paradise.

What are the hacker's doing? Is it just the DS snaking or what? (Does this mean that Mario Kart WiiU will be "hacked" out the gate?)
Since the Wii's OS has been blown open with all that homebrew nonsense, you'll find multitudes of hackers/cheaters playing online with infinite items. Someone with infinite lightning bolts isn't a whole lot of fun to play against.

Just like Tetris DS back in the day...all it takes is to run into one player with infinite I-blocks to make you want to take the cartridge out and throw it at the wall.

Since the Wii's OS has been blown open with all that homebrew nonsense, you'll find multitudes of hackers/cheaters playing online with infinite items. Someone with infinite lightning bolts isn't a whole lot of fun to play against.

Just like Tetris DS back in the day...all it takes is to run into one player with infinite I-blocks to make you want to take the cartridge out and throw it at the wall.
Oh that sucks. I don't understand how anyone finds any joy in that.

Because the Wii is a third of the cost of the Wii U and has a library that's five or six times the size of the Wii U library, most of which is also a third (or less) of the cost.

It's like saying "Why would you buy a PS2 when the PS3 exists?" Because at the PS3's launch the PS2 was, again, like a third of the price and had a shitton of fantastic titles for cheap.
Right, but the Wii U can also play Wii games and is still receiving new content. It'd be smarter to spend $300 now and be good for the next 5-6 years than to spend $100 now and have to spend $200-300 later anyway. It's not that big of a difference like the $120 PS2 vs $600 PS3 situation was. Plus it would save you the headache of having to do the PITA content transfer. Etc etc etc.

The Wii's library is nowhere near the PS2's as well, in both quantity and quality.

Right, but the Wii U can also play Wii games and is still receiving new content. It'd be smarter to spend $300 now and be good for the next 5-6 years than to spend $100 now and have to spend $200-300 later anyway. It's not that big of a difference like the $120 PS2 vs $600 PS3 situation was. Plus it would save you the headache of having to do the PITA content transfer. Etc etc etc.
But what if I'm not interested in the Wii U at all? What if I just want to play Wii games? I should be forced into spending $300 when I only need the $100-priced hardware to do what I want it to? That doesn't make any sense.

That's like saying stores should stop selling DVD Players because Blu-Ray is available. What if I don't intend on buying Blu-Rays? I just need something to play DVDs.

This is the bundle that's a perfect fit for casual gamers like those who don't give two sh- about online or other things, and want to play a game just like that.

Regular games, definitely avoid this.

But what if I'm not interested in the Wii U at all? What if I just want to play Wii games? I should be forced into spending $300 when I only need the $100-priced hardware to do what I want it to? That doesn't make any sense.

That's like saying stores should stop selling DVD Players because Blu-Ray is available. What if I don't intend on buying Blu-Rays? I just need something to play DVDs.
Right, but DVDs still get new releases; Wii games don't. If all movies were to suddenly be released in Blu-Ray only then it would make more sense to buy a Blu-Ray player that plays both versus a DVD player that is practically obsolete and won't be supported ever again. It's smarter to futureproof now than to take the cheap route and have to shell out extra money later.

Why is everyone so surprised that Nintendo would released a stripped-down, cheaper version of one of their consoles? They did the same thing for the NES, SNES, and Game Boy Advance.

Who gives a shit why anyone wants to buy this? Obviously someone does, and if you don't want to, time to take a hike.

Most people here seem to be against this. I was considering on buying the standalone model from Amazon.

I own an SNES mini, a PSP Go, a Gameboy Micro, and even thinking about getting a 2DS.  So this mini Wii might be up my alley if the price is right.

Edit: Not cool original poster getting my hopes up that the Wii mini was sold in a U.S. physical store.

Right, but DVDs still get new releases; Wii games don't.
So hey. Guess what? 5 minutes of checking Amazon says you're wrong.

Just Dance 2014: October 8, 2013
Skylanders SWAP Force: October 13, 2013
Cabela's African Adventures: October 15, 2013
Wipeout Create & Crash: October 15, 2013
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: October 22, 2013
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge: October 22, 2013
Just Dance Kids 2014: October 22, 2013
Just Dance: October 29, 2013
Monster High: 13 Wishes: October 29, 2013
Angry Birds Star Wars: October 29, 2013
Ben 10 Omniverse 2: November 5, 2013
Zumba Fitness World Party: November 5, 2013
Zumba Kids: November 19, 2013
Young Justice: Legacy: November 19, 2013
Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse: November 19, 2013
The Croods: Prehistoric Party & Rise of the Guardians: Combo Pack: March 25, 2014
We Sing: UK Hits: March 27, 2014

Oh man, this is a sneaky release by Nintendo.

I want one as a collectible. Here's hoping they eventually show up at all retail stores.

Who gives a shit why anyone wants to buy this? Obviously someone does, and if you don't want to, time to take a hike.
LOL yeah exactly. Is this a stripped down barebones Wii that can't be hacked, and can't even put an SD card in it? Hell yes. Is it something that can't even go online or even buy Virtual Console games? Damn straight.

But the funny thing is, this thing is coming SO late that it's going to become a collectors item. I want to own one just to own. Sort of like an NES top loader, SNES Model 2, or a GBA Micro.

Damn, I can remember back when the GBA Micro was a Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart when the DS recently came out and there was a pallet FULL of them for like $40. $40! I bought one, buy unfortunately I got ripped off trying to do a trade online that included that item, and someone stole it from me.

I also remember when Wii launched, even a while after later on - I found a Gamecube silver Mario Kart bundle at Target for $50! One of the better deals I've ever landed. Brand new previous generation systems are rare to come back after a point.

OP can you confirm that you're in the US and at least what state you're in, because I'm curious about this bundle.

It's funny I found ONE on eBay with this bundle and its a NTSC model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Mini-Console-Red-LIMITED-EDITION-Mario-Kart-Bundle-NEW-/271291333041

The specs are weird as well. It has 8GB of onboard memory apparently according to eBay. WTF? That's more than the 360 if that's accurate. And the only thing you can do with that storage is SAVE GAMES.

EDIT: OP's post history shows he's Puerto Rican. Hey that's a US territory correct? Weird but ... I guess it's possible it may come to the mainland US.

bread's done
Back