Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1244 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Game Poll: Halloween Event! (290 member(s) have cast votes)

What game series' multiplayer should be the focus of our Halloween Event?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

MW3 should not be listed in last weeks sale, it was a price drop, along with Black Ops. It just happened to be an Activision title at the same time.

#32 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

J.J. Abrams said he was ashamed to be involved with that shit at all, despite really wanting to make a video game off one of his works.

Obviously you're talking about this game.

Lost-Via-Domus-Achievements-Xbox-360-2.j

#33 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Man I'm gonna miss ya Tyler :(

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#34 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

may bite on R.I.P.D, Reel Steel, and Pacific Rim

Just to warn you in Real Steel and Pacific Rim you have to buy the other fighters and custmization for your Robot/Monster with Real money.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#35 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

thanks bobbytastic for the new thread, thanks to redjoey and tyler for the previous threads

#36 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Tyler and Redd for maintaining the old threads and here's hoping that Bobby's tenure is just as great.

This and here is hoping that Major Nelson starts posting the deals regularly again.

Nothing for me this week but it reminds me I wanted to get back into GOME,

Also, I really have enjoyed Clash of Heroes. It has a lot of depth and some unexpected variations to keep it fresh. And my daughter can play/enjoy it too.

#37 IamnotBatman

IamnotBatman

The Daylight Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Nelson...you're such a slacker.

Hoping another sale is going on with this one.

#38 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Tagged. So. Hard.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#39 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Obviously you're talking about this game.

What I wouldn't give for a good Lost game...Telltale needs to hurry up and make that a reality :pray:

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#40 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Downloading the R.I.P.D. trial right now.

How is Aliens Versus Predator?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#41 gtbrigs

gtbrigs

Short Round

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Tyler for all the hard work you poured into the last thread. And thanks to Bobby for picking up the torch. You have big shoes to fill but I'm confident that you will do a great job! Keep up the good work!

Posted Image
Posted Image
2013 Games 2013 Movies and Books

#42 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for taking over Bobby!

Viva Reddjoey!

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#43 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for taking over the thread Bobby, looking forward to more great discussion and (hopefully) more great XBLM deals for a long time to come!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#44 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks to everyone who has maintained versions of this thread.

This and the XBL Free Content thread are the only two things I even use on CAG at this point.

What an abysmal sale this week.  Movie Games = Bad Games in almost every case, so having a Movie Games sale ultimately means a Bad Games Based on Bad Movies Sale.

So after giving up on M&M: CoH I went back to playing Magic 2013.  I think I've decided it's very good, one of the better GWG games they've had, and it's only last year's version.  I'm trying to imagine giving away Madden 13 or NBA 2k13 for GWG, and I really can't, so Magic 13 is a pretty cool thing IMO.  Not exactly apples to apples, but close enough, they could have easily given away 12 or something even earlier instead.  If you turned down free Magic 2013, that's too bad for you.

Again I'd like to remind everyone that if you follow MajorNelsoln on Twitter, he's rarely been in his office lately.  And it doesn't look like he's going to be much for the rest of the year, what with the XBox One tour thingy.  So if you're expecting timely posts on new weekly deals, don't.  It'll still be hit or miss.  They probably should have someone else releasing those updates.

fs_xbox.png  

#45 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Pleasantly surprised to see one of the best candidates take over the reigns of OP. Thank goodness.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#46 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Alien vs Predator worth $10?

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#47 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

What I wouldn't give for a good Lost game...Telltale needs to hurry up and make that a reality :pray:

So long as most of the last season is retconned!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#48 Flux1

Flux1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Do purchases from xbox.com go into your history properly if you don't download them to a console for a long time?

I got a console ban but my main account escaped. I wasn't planning to get another 360, but since I still have gold for a month and a half I was going to add the games for gold stuff to my purchase history from the site just in case I ever could play them again later on.

#49 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

well since all these sales suck (i'd recommend xmen arcade i guess) just wanted to chime in on how awesome having a 320gb hd is. my console got banned so i got forced to buy an arcade and i got a cheap 320 off ebay. the 4gb of onboard storage has enough room for allll of my game saves (since i'd rather have them there then on the chinese HD) but suprisingly that extra 70gb of storage lets me hold every single game i've ever bought plus the GFG games. no more fiddling to delete the game i play the least anytime i wanna try something new.  that extra little bit makes all the difference, and when GFG inevitably fills that up i still have flash drives i can dump stuff i don't play as much onto.

i went over my data cap in about 6 days though lol i didn't even know i had one with cox, but apparently the 'data cap' email is just a suggestion to upgrade to faster internet, they don't bottleneck you or charge you or anything so it's basically just clever marketing designed to scare you.

Do purchases from xbox.com go into your history properly if you don't download them to a console for a long time?

I got a console ban but my main account escaped. I wasn't planning to get another 360, but since I still have gold for a month and a half I was going to add the games for gold stuff to my purchase history from the site just in case I ever could play them again later on.

yeah i did that with rainbow 6

#50 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

i got a cheap 320 off ebay. the 4gb of onboard storage has enough room for allll of my game saves (since i'd rather have them there then on the chinese HD)

I stick my low-priority saves on my HD and my high-priority ones on the 500MB cloud.  Truthfully, the cloud isn't good for much else, but it certainly is nice to be really working at a game and knowing the save is backed up both locally and out in the cloud.

fs_xbox.png  

#51 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

So long as most of the last season is retconned!

The game could/should just replace the final season altogether :whee:

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#52 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Alien vs Predator worth $10?

It's one of my favorite games for multiplayer, but I'm pretty sure it would be dead at this point. The "zombie" type mode with aliens and humans was the second scariest multiplayer I've ever played. It also has a map that is one of my favorites. The level is a pyramid that changes as the game is being played (first AVP movie). When travelling in a group, the changes can split everybody up if not careful, just like in the movie. The human single player campaign also has several great parts that will scare the potatoes out of you nose.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: N/A - Next Week on YouTube: N/A ***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#53 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I've put about 2 hours into Clash of Heroes so far. The gameplay is pretty fun and reminds me of the Puzzle Quest games. The story is completely forgettable high fantasy and is thankfully completely skippable. For me, the main issue with the game is that according to How Long To Beat, the campaign is 30 hours long. I don't have nearly that much match-three in me. I will probably just finish the first world/campaign and move on.

#54 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

It's one of my favorite games for multiplayer, but I'm pretty sure it would be dead at this point. The "zombie" type mode with aliens and humans was the second scariest multiplayer I've ever played. It also has a map that is one of my favorites. The level is a pyramid that changes as the game is being played (first AVP movie). When travelling in a group, the changes can split everybody up if not careful, just like in the movie. The human single player campaign also has several great parts that will scare the potatoes out of you nose.

Thanks for the input. I doubt I'd put any time in online, but 3 single player campaigns and being a fan of the source material (well more the series' individual movies than the crossover) makes me think this could be worth $10 (which looks to be a legit deal looking at GS/Amazon prices). I'll keep an eye out for more feedback as the week goes by, especially if Bobby gets that section of the OP up and running soon.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#55 Flux1

Flux1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info. I added an old gift card I had with a couple dollars on it since I couldn't add it without a payment method. I checked afterwards and it is in my download history in case I ever need it now.

Also I can relate to how a bigger hard drive helps. I had a 120 for a while and it kept being full and I had to move stuff off to a USB stick all the time. I thought about getting 2 32s, but the cost of two good ones would have nearly been the same as a 3rd party 320 gig, so I got that instead. Mine is sitting at 21 gigs free now, so at least I still have enough space to install whatever games I'm playing at the moment.

#56 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

well since all these sales suck (i'd recommend xmen arcade i guess) just wanted to chime in on how awesome having a 320gb hd is. my console got banned so i got forced to buy an arcade and i got a cheap 320 off ebay. the 4gb of onboard storage has enough room for allll of my game saves (since i'd rather have them there then on the chinese HD) but suprisingly that extra 70gb of storage lets me hold every single game i've ever bought plus the GFG games. no more fiddling to delete the game i play the least anytime i wanna try something new.  that extra little bit makes all the difference, and when GFG inevitably fills that up i still have flash drives i can dump stuff i don't play as much onto.

i went over my data cap in about 6 days though lol i didn't even know i had one with cox, but apparently the 'data cap' email is just a suggestion to upgrade to faster internet, they don't bottleneck you or charge you or anything so it's basically just clever marketing designed to scare you.

Im in the same boat as you. I have just started looking at these cheap 40 something dollar 320g hd off ebay. Anybody have any horror stories with them?

#57 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Im in the same boat as you. I have just started looking at these cheap 40 something dollar 320g hd off ebay. Anybody have any horror stories with them?

thats what i did, mine came in like 3 days or so shipped from the US, its definitely the way to go i think. just put your saves on the cloud or internal storage or a usb just to be extra safe, even then that's just being careful

this is the one i bought hes sold like a thousand of them

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

#58 Dave4282

Dave4282

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Does anybody have any experience with the SanDisk Cruzer USB drives?  The 32gb ones are on sale at best buy for $15 this week and I'm thinking about getting one to install the GTA5 play disk to, but I want to be sure the game plays ok from it.  If so, I'll be using it for downloading additional games that may go on sale, as my 250gb drive on my slim is full. 

http://www.bestbuy.c...09559&cp=1&lp=1

#59 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Does anybody have any experience with the SanDisk Cruzer USB drives?  The 32gb ones are on sale at best buy for $15 this week and I'm thinking about getting one to install the GTA5 play disk to, but I want to be sure the game plays ok from it.  If so, I'll be using it for downloading additional games that may go on sale, as my 250gb drive on my slim is full. 

http://www.bestbuy.c...09559&cp=1&lp=1

Im a big fan of any of the SanDisk Cruzers, just stay away from the micro ones. ive been using a 16 and 32 for awhile now, with zero issues.

#60 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

http://majornelson.c...e-game-store-2/

Major Nelson just posted the 2 week preview.  My banned ass won't be missing anything, I already have Storm and Capsized from next week and don't care about the rest.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts