Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pre-Order: Call of Duty: Ghost or Battlefield 4 (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360) $48.99 + Free Shipping

cod battlefield 4

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thinking I'll preorder BF4 for now and maybe Ghosts later. I was gonna go the BB route since I have a couple GC's and want the $10 cert but I plan to buy a TV at BB instead so that will use up my funds.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#32 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for posting the deal.

I've been holding off on pre-ordering any PS4 games until today.  Hopefully Newegg will post more $48.99 deals so I can build my library.  No tax from Newegg beats paying ~$66 bucks at a retail store or Amazon.

#33 Bosnian_Lord

Bosnian_Lord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thank OP!

I ordered BF4 for PS4. I was thinking doing the BF4 for PS3, than later pay 10$ for upgrading to PS4, but, I'm playing BF4 Beta now on PS3, and it is freezing so much, that I gave up on that idea. 

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 chinese55

chinese55

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

where is your location and which warehouse neweegg ship from?. thanks

Wow, this is annoying.  4-7 Day shipping for a next-gen launch game I want ASAP?

To some extent, shipping cripples this deal.

I have pre-ordered 25-30 games from NewEgg.  90% of those "Free 3-Day Shipping" offers arrived in exactly three days.  This worked well for me: game came out Tuesday, it arrives Friday, I have it for the weekend.  Only a few of the pre-ordered games ever arrived on the Thursday, and I had some that didn't get here until the following Monday.  So I take NewEgg at its word that I would not have the game for 4 to 7 shipping days if I went with Free shipping.

I was looking at Battlefield 4 for Xbox One - as it is officially released three days prior to the console's launch.  But if I want it console launch Day One, I either have to pay $5 for shipping - making the grand total a slightly-underwhelming $54 - or I have to wait until the following week to get it for $49.  If getting the game for launch day is a big deal - and for me it certainly is - I may as well just trade in GameStop credit (no taxes here in Washington State) at a credit cost of $60 and call it good.

#35 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Huh, just realized Amazon added $10 credit towards pre-orders of BF4.  FYI - in case anyone else didn't know.

Since I don't pay taxes yet and get release day delivery, gonna stick with Amazon for now.

Still might jump on CoD though...

#36 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It seems COD for XBone and PS4 is coming out on the 5th, over a week before PS4's release date and weeks before XBONE comes out, so the free shipping should be ok.

#37 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Cancelled my preorder of dishonored GOTY, decided money's better spent on pokemon for 35 no tax free ship

Sure that dishonored's DLC would just go to backlog, but I am buying into the hype! First Pokemon in 15 years for me (since Red on GBC lol)

#38 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

where is your location and which warehouse neweegg ship from?. thanks

I'm in southeast Washington State.  (Kennewick, WA)

I believe the games have been coming from a NewEgg warehouse in California, which makes sense as that is its base of operations and has only Oregon between us....

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#39 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for posting...I have to ask though... was there no COD wii u code?

Because nobody is buying it on Wii U. It might sell 100,000 lifetime if it's lucky. :P

#40 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ghosts 360 for me! Thanks a lot!

#41 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Anybody know when Newegg changed their free shipping option to Super Egg Saver (4-8 days) from 3 day? Just noticed this as I was looking at some other games.

Sometimes the free shipping option is Super Egg Saver and other times it's free 3-day shipping. It just depends on the item for sale really. I don't really mind which it is, as long as there IS free shipping available, which sometimes there isn't on Newegg.

#42 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Wow, this is annoying.  4-7 Day shipping for a next-gen launch game I want ASAP?

To some extent, shipping cripples this deal.

I have pre-ordered 25-30 games from NewEgg.  90% of those "Free 3-Day Shipping" offers arrived in exactly three days.  This worked well for me: game came out Tuesday, it arrives Friday, I have it for the weekend.  Only a few of the pre-ordered games ever arrived on the Thursday, and I had some that didn't get here until the following Monday.  So I take NewEgg at its word that I would not have the game for 4 to 7 shipping days if I went with Free shipping.

I was looking at Battlefield 4 for Xbox One - as it is officially released three days prior to the console's launch.  But if I want it console launch Day One, I either have to pay $5 for shipping - making the grand total a slightly-underwhelming $54 - or I have to wait until the following week to get it for $49.  If getting the game for launch day is a big deal - and for me it certainly is - I may as well just trade in GameStop credit (no taxes here in Washington State) at a credit cost of $60 and call it good.

I live within a few hundred miles of their Memphis shipping center so whenever they would ship a game from there on Monday via UPS ground, I would get it on release day. Sometimes they would ship from California and it took the full 3 days but that was rare. Anyway, I've got the 4-8 day free shipping on BF4 so I'll see how that turns out. Probably just end up getting the rest of my launch games at Target using my RedCard for the 5% discount if no other deals come up between now and then.

Edited by Killbomb, 09 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

It seems COD for XBone and PS4 is coming out on the 5th, over a week before PS4's release date and weeks before XBONE comes out, so the free shipping should be ok.

Hey, thanks.  You're spot-on, per this article here.

So if you order next-gen CoD, you should be good to go on the console release date.  Well done, sir!

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#44 juzzak1dd

juzzak1dd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

In for COD for PS4! Thanks!

#45 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

I kinda want BF4 and COD:G. I haven't played either of these franchises in quite awhile. I kinda got away from multiplayer. Can anyone tell me if these will have good single player campaigns?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#46 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I kinda want BF4 and COD:G. I haven't played either of these franchises in quite awhile. I kinda got away from multiplayer. Can anyone tell me if these will have good single player campaigns?

If you're interested mainly in the campaigns you might as well pass or just try to rent them. Both campaigns will almost certainly be only 5-6 hours each.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thanks, OP.  I had a pre order with TRU that was just a dollar or two cheaper, however I have experience with Newegg and their shipping, so I decided to do this one instead based on that. 

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2014 is coming: http://bit.ly/1nUR6fk

#48 fyahbwoy

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Huh, just realized Amazon added $10 credit towards pre-orders of BF4. FYI - in case anyone else didn't know.

Since I don't pay taxes yet and get release day delivery, gonna stick with Amazon for now.

that $10 credit is cool, i have mine pre-ordered on amazon as well, paid it off with credit already

#49 rambojones90

rambojones90

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Threw in a couple of preorders for now, will see when it gets closer to the release dates.

#50 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Huh, just realized Amazon added $10 credit towards pre-orders of BF4.  FYI - in case anyone else didn't know.

It looks like the $10 Amazon credit is for current gen only.  Has anyone seen the $10 Amazon credit for next gen?

#51 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

It looks like the $10 Amazon credit is for current gen only.  Has anyone seen the $10 Amazon credit for next gen?

Yup.  That $10 credit is only for current gen BF4.  For next gen, MS Store or Newegg are probably the way to go for people who want it asap; otherwise I'd suggest waiting for Black Friday as BF3 dropped to ~$40 during the Black Friday of its release year.

#52 scorch62

scorch62

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Just preordered the PS4 version of BF4 using the promo code so it is still working. Very happy too, because I didn't see this thread at all when it was posted.

#53 Lubu

Lubu

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yup. That $10 credit is only for current gen BF4. For next gen, MS Store or Newegg are probably the way to go for people who want it asap; otherwise I'd suggest waiting for Black Friday as BF3 dropped to ~$40 during the Black Friday of its release year.

But won't you miss out on the china rising preorder dlc by waiting until black Friday to pick it up?

#54 Lubu

Lubu

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Double post, sorry

#55 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

But won't you miss out on the china rising preorder dlc by waiting until black Friday to pick it up?

Good point.  If you're not getting Premium, then yes, you probably would miss that DLC.  I'm not sure how they're packaging the DLC code, but if it's on a sheet included inside all first run copies, then it's possible to still get the DLC if first run copies are readily available (as has been the case with many other games in past...)