Gathr.com - $40 worth of gift cards each month for only $15. (Amazon, Toys R Us, Fandango, Redbox, Living Social) First month is FREE.

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Gathr.com is a new service by AOL that bundles services/gift cards for select stores/websites for a low price.

Gift cards you can possibly get are $10 Amazon, $10 Toys R Us, $10 Fandango, and $10 Living Social.

They also offer stuff like iTunes, Redbox, and bunch more.

You choose 3 and get a bonus of either $10 Amazon, $10 iTunes, or $10 Ticketmaster.

The first month is FREE. If you continue the service it will be $15 each month. It is an insanely good deal. Each month you will get the gift card codes for only $15. No obligation. Cancel at any time.

http://www.gathr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So you spend $15 a month for $30-40 in gift cards? And we get 3 gift cards totally free the first month?

You spend $15 a month on a $10 amazon gift card and the rest are pretty much crap.  Unless you go to the movies every month.

Restaurant.com is the biggest rip off.

Damn. This worked. Might just keep my sub after the free month. 

And Conf: How is $10 of TRU sucky? You can get PSN, Xbox Credit, etc for half off. 

Plus, if you're spending $10 at Amazon already it's not a bad deal at all. 

Damn. This worked. Might just keep my sub after the free month.

And Conf: How is $10 of TRU sucky? You can get PSN, Xbox Credit, etc for half off.

Plus, if you're spending $10 at Amazon already it's not a bad deal at all.
Yeah, I don't shop much at TRU but ok, if you get TRU and Amazon, you've saved $5. Amazon is like cash to me but I'd have to go out of my way to go to TRU. Bonus: Consumer Reports.

If you go to the movies a lot, it's a good deal too.

What the hell, in 4 1. Figure $15 for $20 worth of amazon itself (Free month) is worth it. Thanks OP!

@luxuria - what happened to your signature?

Magazines are free these days. Rewards gold can't stop giving them out for free. I am spammed already with like $3000 a year in free magazine subscriptions. Paying for magazines is a waste. You can't combine tru w/ amazon.. :/

Signed up.  Went with a custom $15 package of:

Amazon $10

Toys R Us $10

Redbox 5 DVD Rentals

Redbox 3 Game Rentals

Even if the first month wasn't free, I'd still have signed up for this.  Amazon = cash means you're getting 8 rentals and $10 at TRU every month for $5!

For those curious on how it works:

Immediately after signing up, they gave me codes for everything immediately.

I already have the $10 in my Amazon account (never expires)

I printed out a virtual gift card for TRU in-store or .com (should be stackable/transferable and never expires)

I have all 8 Redbox codes that expire on October 31st (expire end of month each month)

The only bummer is the lack of BluRay option for Redbox.  I'll contact them today and see if they can come up with an offer for 4 blu-ray codes instead of 5 DVD.

I don't plan on canceling so long as they keep the Amazon offer.

This article (and comments) was the only other info I could find for it on the web.  Seems the trouble comes with canceling, but I'm thinking it's at least half PEBKAC

Signed up. Went with a custom $15 package of:

Amazon $10

Toys R Us $10

Redbox 5 DVD Rentals

Redbox 3 Game Rentals

Even if the first month wasn't free, I'd still have signed up for this. Amazon = cash means you're getting 8 rentals and $10 at TRU every month for $5!

For those curious on how it works:

Immediately after signing up, they gave me codes for everything immediately.

I already have the $10 in my Amazon account (never expires)

I printed out a virtual gift card for TRU in-store or .com (should be stackable/transferable and never expires)

I have all 8 Redbox codes that expire on October 31st (expire end of month each month)

The only bummer is the lack of BluRay option for Redbox. I'll contact them today and see if they can come up with an offer for 4 blu-ray codes instead of 5 DVD.

I don't plan on cancelling so long as they keep the Amazon offer.

This article (and comments) was the only other info I could find for it on the web. Seems the trouble comes with canceling, but I'm thinking it's at least half PEBKAC
I wonder if the Redbox DVD codes can be used to get Blu-ray or games. I know sometimes Redbox codes let you pay the difference. Like it will take $1.20 off of a game or Blu-ray rental. Might be worth a shot. Oh and do the codes work at redbox.com or do you have use them as the kiosk?

I wonder if the Redbox DVD codes can be used to get Blu-ray or games. I know sometimes Redbox codes let you pay the difference. Like it will take $1.20 off of a game or Blu-ray rental. Might be worth a shot. Oh and do the codes work at redbox.com or do you have use them as the kiosk?
Right, I forgot to try that.

Good news all around Gathr DVD codes are universal!

free DVD codes are $1.20 off anything: (free DVD, 32cent BD, 80cent game)

Free Game codes are $2 off anything! You can even use it to get $2 off 2 DVD rentals (net total 42cents for both), I've never seen this type of code before, it's better than any code given directly by Redbox.

They do indeed all work with online reservations.

Consider these as cashmoney codes: $1.20x5 and $2x3 (but can't be combined)

I hate paying for magazines.  is Rewards Gold easy?  I don't mind filling out surveys but I use my Discover for cash back on purchases so I never go for those.

So do the TRU gift cards expire in a month or could you just save up and use them towards a larger purchase (assuming you stick with the program)?

I hate paying for magazines. is Rewards Gold easy? I don't mind filling out surveys but I use my Discover for cash back on purchases so I never go for those.
yeah its pretty easy. For the most part you can answer the brief survey in 6-8 minutes. Most of the time the topic seems to be the same.. favorite soap, watch or yogurt. I do the credit card rewards too just on everything else I purchase. Join ebates.com also. Free money back on every online purchase on top of your CC rewards. They support orders from BB, NewEgg, tru, Microsoft store, Walmart, and tons of other places. You can get back anywhere from 1-30% depending on what specials they have going on.

great deal, take the $10 amazon code and buy a $50 psn code for $40 and get the $10 back with the psn promo. $50 psn credit for $30.

So do the TRU gift cards expire in a month or could you just save up and use them towards a larger purchase (assuming you stick with the program)?
Every month your account is active, you'll be offered a new code. Claiming your code is easy. Just sign in to your Gathr account each month and select GO SHOP to claim your new monthly code. Once claimed, you can redeem the code at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, and at www.toysrus.com orwww.babiesrus.com, and it doesn’t expire until redeemed. And be sure to make note of the code's PIN number, or just come back and copy it - you'll need to apply it at checkout for online purchases.
you can also print it out for in-store shopping.

How easy is it to cancel your service? Can you do it online or would you have to call it in? It's a good deal and all but I'm a "get in, get out" sort of person. 

Thanks. Just a heads up it charged my card a dollar which was probably the "taxes" the mentioned in the ToU

Hmm...does it stack???

Telling some of my friends and then I started to wonder if I was able to use their coupons with mine...is it...possible?

Hmm...does it stack???

Telling some of my friends and then I started to wonder if I was able to use their coupons with mine...is it...possible?
I would think it does. Like for Amazon, you would just input the gift card code into your amazon account and the credit would show up, right? I don't know about the Toys R Us one though, or much about the Fandango ones.

I was thinking about signing up for this and picking Fandango/Toys R Us/3 Redbox Rentals. I could always use Amazon and Toys R Us on video games and such. Fandango would be perfect for Hunger Games next month. I'd probably try to get rid of the Redbox codes.

Both amazon and TRU are just gift cards so yes they stack. You can also buy multiple bundles. I might so TRU+amazon x2.
I'm just looking into this now, didn't know you could buy multiple bundles. How does that work with the free 30 day trial thing? Can I pay for another bundle while I'm on the 30 day trial? Basically x2 of everything for only $15, and then next month x2 of everything for $30.

I'm just looking into this now, didn't know you could buy multiple bundles. How does that work with the free 30 day trial thing? Can I pay for another bundle while I'm on the 30 day trial? Basically x2 of everything for only $15, and then next month x2 of everything for $30.
I think this is how it'd work. Let me know If you get both bundles free. That would be bananas.

Signed up for the free trial.  Anyone know if the fandango codes stack? I dont see how Aol makes money off this thing if you can get $30+ in stackable gift cards for only $15 a month.

Great, I think the site went down. I put in all of my info but it brought up a 404 page and I didn't get any emails about my account being confirmed or anything.

TRU Coupons are gone...Got super excited but....damn...was gonna use the gift cards in store and also get the b1g1 40% off to get Pokemon X and Y. Only managed to get 1 card until it was gone.

Yep, looks like TRU coupons are gone. I'm kinda pissed about it though. I had the coupon in my cart and put in all my credit card details and everything...waited on a long 'loading' screen and then got a 404. Don't even know if my stuff went though or not. They must have JUST taken down the coupons at the exact moment I submitted my details.

Just my luck...

I wonder how this affects existing bundles. If no TRU next month, I'd have to cancel. I wonder of TRU was supposed to be "bonus" choice.

Yeah, I just don't see these deals lasting until next month. If TRU is already dried up, Amazon probably will be too. TRU + Amazon would have made the $15 a month worth it, without it I'll just cancel.

Amazon is one of the bonus 4th options. You only see it after you pick your first 3.
I see this is run or somehow connected by AOL so it makes me feel a bit better.
Not sure if its something I would use beyond the trial though.

How soon are you allowed to cancel?

Signed up and immediately canceled. Gave myself 5 Redbox DVD codes, 3 Redbox game codes, $10 Amazon gift card, and a $10 LivingSocial gift card (what the hell can I get with that one?). I was considering signing up when TRU was still active, and going back to the page took it off my selection, so I wouldn't want to continue doing this without that one.

It lets me sign up for the free trial AGAIN with myself still logged in, all I had to do was enter my security code on my credit card. Let me quickly check my credit card account, and then stay up all night getting myself a free PS4. Brb.

Glad you're enjoying your subscriptions! Unfortunately you've reached the maximum number of allowed purchases. Please call us at 1-855-405-2008, from 8 am to 8pm, for assistance.

Limit of two, at least with the one card I have.

Still, $20 Amazon, $10 LivingSocial, $10 Fandago, 10 Redbox DVD codes, and 6 Redbox movie codes for free? Done and done.

Please erase your post. If you want to do it, fine. But I want this service for the long haul and don't need it ruined.

Edit: good.

Please erase your post. If you want to do it, fine. But I want to be able to post what I want and don't need to be told.

I wonder how this affects existing bundles. If no TRU next month, I'd have to cancel. I wonder of TRU was supposed to be "bonus" choice.
Maybe they have a per-month limit on the codes and they'll restock next month. We can hope...

The concept sounds interesting at first, but seeing the TRU option disappear brings up a few concerns.  I  have a feeling that they do have a limited number of each section.  As people cancel they should re-appear next month for people wishing to get a different bundle or switch theirs up...all conjecture, though.  I certainly do not want to ever be in the group stuck with Restaurant.com, a magazine and a 6.95 subscription service. 

It's new and the free trial promotion is great, but they are setting themselves up for failure.  I'm likely going to cancel my sub before the free trial is up and just sit back to see how they perform for a few months.  Then decide if I want a long-term sub (though the good ones will likely be claimed already).  

bread's done
Back