Monsters University Blu-Ray Deals?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Alright guys, Amazon has the Ultimate Collector's Edition for $35 (comes with 4 discs, 3D, blah, blah, blah...) HERE.  Any cheaper deals out there?  Will there be a $8/$5 coupon from Disney?

I was able to lock in the BD+DVD+DC version for $22.49 back in July, but I see it's now up to $30.99. I'd just wait until next week when the ads are leaked for B&M stores. That'll give you an idea of what Amazons price will drop to.

TRU is going to have another $10 off any movie $19.99 or more if you pre-order planes, it's just strange that a coupon from Disney hasn't arisen but one from Planes has and it's about a month after this releases.

I bought my Monsters University Blu-ray Combo Pack (NOT 3D) at Toys R Us yesterday.

$22.99 Monsters University Blu-ray Combo Pack

+ $1.00 Planes Pre-order

-$10.00 Planes Pre-order Discount

-$10.00 Groupon (Paid $6 for this)

-$3.00 Disney Movie Rewards Coupon (100 DMR points)

----------

$0.99 + tax

So, in all, I paid a little over $7 including the cost of the Groupon.

I don't even need to actually buy Planes when it comes out, but if I do then I'll have another $1 discount.

I bought my Monsters University Blu-ray Combo Pack (NOT 3D) at Toys R Us yesterday.

$22.99 Monsters University Blu-ray Combo Pack

+ $1.00 Planes Pre-order

-$10.00 Planes Pre-order Discount

-$10.00 Groupon (Paid $6 for this)

-$3.00 Disney Movie Rewards Coupon (100 DMR points)

----------

$0.99 + tax

So, in all, I paid a little over $7 including the cost of the Groupon.

I don't even need to actually buy Planes when it comes out, but if I do then I'll have another $1 discount.
I managed to get a $5 for $10 groupon but I didn't put the $1 down for the pre-order, she swore up and down it's when I pick up Planes when I get the discount and since I already pre-ordered Monsters University she took the $10 down that way. Either way I planned on picking up Planes 3D at Target for there exclusive, this way I don't have to feel compelled to jerk TRU over this.

At Wal-Mart they have cereal 2 packs for $5 and that nets you a $3 coupon for Monsters University when you register the code on the Kellogs Rewards site, I read somewhere that the $3 DMR coupons have sold out on the site.

Ahh I see. I received an email $3 off coupon from DMR earlier this month. The coupon is good until Nov 28, right before Black Friday, go figure. Anyways I ended up using it this morning to get the blu ray, Infinity figure bundle. No complaints

In regards to DMR coupons I know they usually only let you print them out a maximum of three times but can you make a copy of one and say use it at a different store or are the barcodes unique?

Ahh I see. I received an email $3 off coupon from DMR earlier this month. The coupon is good until Nov 28, right before Black Friday, go figure. Anyways I ended up using it this morning to get the blu ray, Infinity figure bundle. No complaints

In regards to DMR coupons I know they usually only let you print them out a maximum of three times but can you make a copy of one and say use it at a different store or are the barcodes unique?
The barcodes are unique. I've heard of people making copies of them and then being banned from being able to print out the coupons again. If you click back in your browser after printing a coupon, you can get an additional coupon with a unique barcode.

Missed out on both the groupon and the DMR coupon(both unavailable) but still got the $10 discount from preordering planes. Realize i really saved $9 but still beats any one else local ad this week. 

I picked up the 4 disc 3D set for $7.02.  Well, not really but I was lazy and we found a shit ton of gift cards in the junk drawer that we forgot about and one of them was for $25 to Target.  So the set was $30+tax.  Got a few Best Buy and GameStop GCs so not a bad find!

That Black Friday deal sounds amazing, but for those looking for 3D, WalMart currently has the 3D combo pack for $24.96. That plus the $10 GC I got for them canceling an order placed during the recent pricing error debacle means I got this for $16.96 w/ store pickup (includes tax). Happy with that.

Now if I can just find The Hobbit: AUJ Extended Ed. 3D for less than $40 and a good deal on Pacific Rim 3D, I'll be in good shape...

That Black Friday deal sounds amazing, but for those looking for 3D, WalMart currently has the 3D combo pack for $24.96. That plus the $10 GC I got for them canceling an order placed during the recent pricing error debacle means I got this for $16.96 w/ store pickup (includes tax). Happy with that.

Now if I can just find The Hobbit: AUJ Extended Ed. 3D for less than $40 and a good deal on Pacific Rim 3D, I'll be in good shape...
The Hobbit Extended 3D was $29.99 all last week on Amazon (mine arrived yesterday), so you just missed it. I doubt it will be that cheap again anytime soon, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Costco has an $8 off Disney Blu Ray coupon that starts Thursday 11/21.  While the selection will vary for each store, they do show the Monsters University BD in the coupon image.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheCarsForever said:
Costco has an $8 off Disney Blu Ray coupon that starts Thursday 11/21. While the selection will vary for each store, they do show the Monsters University BD in the coupon image.
Awesome, thanks - I may just head up there then. What does $8 off make them though (at first I read this as costing $8). If it isn't close to $10 then I might just wait till BF and hope Amazon price matches Target.

Hah - I just realized that I read that "TRU" in the first quote as Target. I guess I don't even think of TRU as selling movies so it didn't register with me.Hmmm - no way I'm going to Target then. Hopefully Amazon matches that or at least I can get it online from Target.
Target is where I'm getting my PS3 and 2 3DSXL's for 10% off the sale price...

Hah - I just realized that I read that "TRU" in the first quote as Target. I guess I don't even think of TRU as selling movies so it didn't register with me.

Hmmm - no way I'm going to Target then. Hopefully Amazon matches that or at least I can get it online from Target.
Amazon should likely match if it's a published BF deal from Target.

Awesome, thanks - I may just head up there then. What does $8 off make them though (at first I read this as costing $8). If it isn't close to $10 then I might just wait till BF and hope Amazon price matches Target.
I would expect Costco to have it for between $27.99 - $34.99 before the coupon (3D combo) / $22.99 - $26.99 (2D combo), so you'd be looking at $19.99 - $26.99 (3D combo) / $14.99 - $18.99 (2D combo) after the coupon.

shrike4242 said:
Amazon should likely match if it's a published BF deal from Target.

I would expect Costco to have it for between $27.99 - $34.99 before the coupon (3D combo) / $22.99 - $26.99 (2D combo), so you'd be looking at $19.99 - $26.99 (3D combo) / $14.99 - $18.99 (2D combo) after the coupon.
Thanks. I was in the parking lot of Costco yesterday and almost ran in just to see what the prices were prior to the coupon being active. Now that it is active hopefully someone can give a final price. I might bite at $15, though that is my upper limit. Knowing it will be $10 at Target makes that hard ;). I'm really hoping Amazon will pull through for me and I won't have to go to any stores over the next week and a half.

bread's done
Back