wii u best buy bb

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#151 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thanks OP, I got the last White Wii U Pro from the Jackson MI Best Buy. Glad I saw this post seeing as I just picked up the Zelda Bundle when it came out. Nice to have an extra controller around for whatever. 

#152 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

No luck here in Monroeville PA.......hmph
Posted Image

#153 nintendokingdom

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Child of Eden, House of the Dead: Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, Dead Space: Extraction (on the Dead Space 2 disc), Little Big Planet 2.

There are an ample number of games if you are willing to look. Moreover, most of those titles can now be acquired for a lot less. I'd strongly suggest picking up at least one set of Move controllers. Especially since the current clearance provides everything you would need for less than $30. (Move, Navigation controller, PSEye, and clip for the TV can all be had for under $30 total)

I have No More Heroes, Dead Space Extraction & House of Dead for Wii and Child of Eden for 360. All of them came out on those systems first and that's where I got them. Still don't consider them worth buying the controllers for. Little Big Planet is better with the Dualshock

Resident Evil Chronicles, Killzone 3, Time Crisis, House of the Dead 3 and 4, Okami HD, Portal 2, RE5 Gold, Sorcery

RE Chronicles also picked up on Wii first. Okami, Portal, Killzone, RE5 are all better with the Dual Shock.

Sorry I should've clarified it as more personal to me, but still I don't see it worth buying the controllers for what are basically light gun shooters.

#154 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

I have No More Heroes, Dead Space Extraction & House of Dead for Wii and Child of Eden for 360. All of them came out on those systems first and that's where I got them. Still don't consider them worth buying the controllers for. Little Big Planet is better with the Dualshock

RE Chronicles also picked up on Wii first. Okami, Portal, Killzone, RE5 are all better with the Dual Shock.

Sorry I should've clarified it as more personal to me, but still I don't see it worth buying the controllers for what are basically light gun shooters.

Well on a personal level I believe most of those are better with Move, but again that's a personal choice. But there are still a good # of games that are enjoyable with a Move.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#155 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well on a personal level I believe most of those are better with Move, but again that's a personal choice. But there are still a good # of games that are enjoyable with a Move.

It strikes me as one of those things where there some good games for it that make it worth it (Portal 2, Bioshock Infinite, Pixeljunk 4am, Joust, etc) but in the end its just an odd accessory that can lead to some really solid experience, albeit just a couple.  I paid $20 for a full kit at my best buy (Move, camera, nav) and honestly, that was the perfect asking price, especially considering it's going to be compatible with the PS4 as well.  Pretty sure it was just on clearance to move in a new SKU, so I'd say if you're remotely interested, its going to be a while before you can get all this stuff for this price ever again, and definitely never again in "new condition."

Also, the damn thing will totally be worth it when Octodad 2 comes out on the PS4. 

#156 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Looks like Tinley Park and Geneva, IL locations are closest...and those are nearly 100 miles away.  Dang.

#157 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Went to the Kings Plaza shopping mall and saw two PDP controllers. I got one for $7.61, should be fine enough, though I prefer a Nintendo Dpad.

Batsugunner.png

#158 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

You guys think there's any chance of the US seeing the Karaoke app that Japan and Europe have? I'm tempted to pick up two microphones while I can get them so dirt cheap.

oIi9lub.png

#159 The Orange Alert

The Orange Alert

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Didn't have any left in my closest store at $11.99, but when I was in my local Target, I figured I'd see if I could get them to price match. I didn't think they would go for it, but they did! In for 2!  

#160 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

You guys think there's any chance of the US seeing the Karaoke app that Japan and Europe have? I'm tempted to pick up two microphones while I can get them so dirt cheap.

Pretty sure any USB mic will work:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cnEvJY8tt3o

uc.png

#161 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Pretty sure any USB mic will work:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cnEvJY8tt3o

Are there USB microphones cheaper than $4?

oIi9lub.png

#162 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Are there USB microphones cheaper than $4?

Probably not, but if you miss out on these you won't be locked out of future :wiiu: karaoke games.  I'm guessing they'll be bundled with at least one mic anyway.

I personally have more Konami USB mics than I know what to do with so the only benefit would be the Wii U branding.

uc.png

#163 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Damn this glowing Wii U brand dildo isn't available in my area. 

http://www.bestbuy.c...customerreviews

#164 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Probably not, but if you miss out on these you won't be locked out of future :wiiu: karaoke games.  I'm guessing they'll be bundled with at least one mic anyway.

I personally have more Konami USB mics than I know what to do with so the only benefit would be the Wii U branding.

Gotcha. I have no microphones to speak of, so I was just thinking I'd buy cheap ones while they were available.

oIi9lub.png

#165 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sorry to bump this but I bought a used pro controller from Amazon Warehouse, and aside from sending me the wrong color, there is one other oddity. On the back there is some writing about FCC rule 15 and such.  Then it talks about interference and there it uses the word "recieved" instead of the proper spelling - "received". Obviously I'm wondering if this is a spelling error on all of them or if mine is fake.

Also under that (in the box) it says "FOR CONSUMER SERVICE"...I guess it makes a little sense but shouldn't that word be CUSTOMER and not CONSUMER?

#166 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Sorry to bump this but I bought a used pro controller from Amazon Warehouse, and aside from sending me the wrong color, there is one other oddity. On the back there is some writing about FCC rule 15 and such. Then it talks about interference and there it uses the word "recieved" instead of the proper spelling - "received". Obviously I'm wondering if this is a spelling error on all of them or if mine is fake.

Also under that (in the box) it says "FOR CONSUMER SERVICE"...I guess it makes a little sense but shouldn't that word be CUSTOMER and not CONSUMER?

Does it say made in Japan? Would explain everything.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#167 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sorry to bump this but I bought a used pro controller from Amazon Warehouse, and aside from sending me the wrong color, there is one other oddity. On the back there is some writing about FCC rule 15 and such.  Then it talks about interference and there it uses the word "recieved" instead of the proper spelling - "received". Obviously I'm wondering if this is a spelling error on all of them or if mine is fake.

Yes sir, the one I bought at Best Buy has both the misspelling and consumer service.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#168 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Same for one from Newegg.

#169 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Does it say made in Japan? Would explain everything.

Engrish