ToysRus ad 10/13-10/19 : Buy 1 get 1 40%off All Video Games

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

After going to TRU tonight since my girlfriend had to get Pokemon immediately, I am not sure how good of a sale this is simply due to the selection.  The TRU here did not have Dragon's Crown or Diagaea D2 which I wanted to get later.  Their selection overall was quite poor.

#32 cactustrav77

cactustrav77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Seems some games dont work for online shipping. Tried to get killzone vita and pokemon x but the discount didnt apply.

Love your life and hate everyone elses.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Seems some games dont work for online shipping. Tried to get killzone vita and pokemon x but the discount didnt apply.

Same here.

#34 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yup no go online for me either for the Pokemons

#35 Mazter

Mazter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sucks that Borderlands 2: GOTY isn't included in this

#36 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

Being right is all that matters.

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Skylanders "deal" typical mentality: jack up msrp, have a sale. Suckers

Currenty Playing / Recently Played / Backlog:  :ps3: Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Puppeteer, DmC  :ps4: MLB 14 The Show, Strider, BF4, The Last of Us: Remastered  :wii: everything retro Nintendo   :wiiu: DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, Batman AO, NES Remix 1 & 2, Shovel Knight   :3ds: Tomodochi Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball  :vita: Tearaway, Murimasa Rebirth  :pc: Darksiders 2, Counter Strike GO, Chivalry, Saints Row 4  :lol: Most Anticipated: SMash Bros Wii U, Far Cry 4, Evolve, Destiny, Halo MC Collection, No Man's Sky, Inside, N++, Diablo 3 PS4, Minecraft PS4

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

#37 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Seems that even though on the web site it says "ALL VIDEO GAMES" the promotion is only for select games..its false advertising

#38 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Pokemon best at home as a download anyway:)

Currenty Playing / Recently Played / Backlog:  :ps3: Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Puppeteer, DmC  :ps4: MLB 14 The Show, Strider, BF4, The Last of Us: Remastered  :wii: everything retro Nintendo   :wiiu: DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, Batman AO, NES Remix 1 & 2, Shovel Knight   :3ds: Tomodochi Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball  :vita: Tearaway, Murimasa Rebirth  :pc: Darksiders 2, Counter Strike GO, Chivalry, Saints Row 4  :lol: Most Anticipated: SMash Bros Wii U, Far Cry 4, Evolve, Destiny, Halo MC Collection, No Man's Sky, Inside, N++, Diablo 3 PS4, Minecraft PS4

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

#39 imirish11

imirish11

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Josh,

There was a promotional item in this weeks ad for a special edition Skylanders Gill Grunt action figure for Rewards R Us members who make a $100+ purchase of skylanders. This figure was not available at any stores on Sunday, and furthermore there was no protocol for stores to take down names/numbers or provide a raincheck. There should be a memo sent out to stores to remedy this issue.

Furthermore, when attempting to purchase a SINGLE video game, the $10off or $15off coupons do not currently work, and require an override. With the buy 1 get 1 40% off promo, a single game will ring up at regular price, but be listed as a promo item in the system, thus making the coupon void on an attempt to purchase just a single game.

#40 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Josh,

There was a promotional item in this weeks ad for a special edition Skylanders Gill Grunt action figure for Rewards R Us members who make a $100+ purchase of skylanders. This figure was not available at any stores on Sunday, and furthermore there was no protocol for stores to take down names/numbers or provide a raincheck. There should be a memo sent out to stores to remedy this issue.

Furthermore, when attempting to purchase a SINGLE video game, the $10off or $15off coupons do not currently work, and require an override. With the buy 1 get 1 40% off promo, a single game will ring up at regular price, but be listed as a promo item in the system, thus making the coupon void on an attempt to purchase just a single game.

Coupon for the free Gill Grunt will be sent out in January to your email address thats linked to your rewards-r-us account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#41 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Brother caved and decided he wanted to jump on the Pokemon X/Y bandwagon. Think we'll jump on this offer while we can.

#42 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Whelp. Bought both Pokemon X and Y for $69 after tax. Store a few miles down the road is the only one in the area to have both games in stock, so I'll be swinging by later this afternoon. Even saved a few bucks with this deal-- certainly won't complain about that!

#43 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Looks like you can buy Pokemon X and Y online now as part of the promotion.

#44 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Looks like you can buy Pokemon X and Y online now as part of the promotion.

Correct. Did it no more than 2 hours ago. I take it the site wasn't allowing you do this earlier?

#45 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Correct. Did it no more than 2 hours ago. I take it the site wasn't allowing you do this earlier?

Yeah, yesterday they weren't allowing you to use them.

#46 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Just got back from Toys R' Us with my copy of Pokemon X and my brother's copy of Pokemon Y.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, but I'm about to open up X and get back into it. Here goes nothing.

#47 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Anyone have any luck stacking the TRU %20 off any Skylanders purchase with the $10 Frito Lay coupon?

#48 Mainiac

Mainiac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Anyone have any luck stacking the TRU %20 off any Skylanders purchase with the $10 Frito Lay coupon?

Yes, I was able to do that and got the starter set for $49.99 + tax.

I pre-ordered so I also got the free Hex Lightcore and a free $10.99 figure (got Roller Brawl).  I tried adding the Tower of Time to take advantage of the buy one get one 40% off deal, but they couldn't get it to work right.  They told me the 40% was coming off the lowest price item which was one of my free items and there was nothing they could do about it.  After a little complaining on my part they got a manager who agreed to just sell me the Tower of Time by itself at 40% off.

#49 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Confirmed that you cannot use any tru coupons on the b1g140% deal. Games scan as "promotional items" thus rendering the coupons invalid had to ask for a manager and argued.

this feels like a scam lol, though I know it has more to do with incompetence than thievery. That said...pathetic. We should be able to use them on something like this. I should've known this was a fallacy the minute I found out that my first $10 gift card lasts a month then expires. Probably won't be able to use it on anything lol. Lord knows what other restrictions are put on these cards.

guess I'll stick to basic b1g1 deals and completely ignore anything having to do with gc or coupons.

the KGB had a saying when inflation was so high and the frank was almost worthless: "they pretend to pay us, so we'll pretend to work." similarly; TRU pretends to give you a deal, so I pretend to shop there and take the promos seriously.

#50 expresso83

expresso83

XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

B1G1 40% off doesn't apply for preorders :(

Last week, B1G1 40% off did work for Wii U preorders

#51 vulcarweb

vulcarweb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Edit: deleted

#52 jatty

jatty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

My wife and I have been waiting to see if there's going to be a b2g1 free sale at the end of the month. If not we were going to jump on this. Decisions decisions.

#53 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Went to my local TRU and they had no copies of Killzone for Vita. My local Best Buy actually price marched the offer. I know it's YMMV but I just asked in the off chance they would. Picked up Wind Waker HD and Killzone for Vita. While there also got an Xbox 360 wireless wheel to give a shot for $12.99 Thanks OP.

#54 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yes, I was able to do that and got the starter set for $49.99 + tax.

I pre-ordered so I also got the free Hex Lightcore and a free $10.99 figure (got Roller Brawl).  I tried adding the Tower of Time to take advantage of the buy one get one 40% off deal, but they couldn't get it to work right.  They told me the 40% was coming off the lowest price item which was one of my free items and there was nothing they could do about it.  After a little complaining on my part they got a manager who agreed to just sell me the Tower of Time by itself at 40% off.

I have the preorder and want to try and follow your lead (lightcore hex).

Missed frito, but there are ones for about $2 on the bay

where is the 20% please?

and how did you get a free $10.99 figure?

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#55 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

I have the preorder and want to try and follow your lead (lightcore hex).

Missed frito, but there are ones for about $2 on the bay

where is the 20% please?

and how did you get a free $10.99 figure?

Here

If you pre ordered during a certain time frame, they were offering the free figure as a bonus. They would have emailed you a coupon for the free figure to your email associated with your rewards account.

#56 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Here

If you pre ordered during a certain time frame, they were offering the free figure as a bonus. They would have emailed you a coupon for the free figure to your email associated with your rewards account.

Thank you for the coupon link

I did preorder but it was on the 4th. I received an email about the release date but no coupon.

and thank you for replying

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#57 RandyGordo

RandyGordo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

If I buy a copy of X/Y could I then return the one that is not 40 percent off and keep the one for 24?

#58 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

If I buy a copy of X/Y could I then return the one that is not 40 percent off and keep the one for 24?

I think you would get $32 back.

First game = $40
Second game = $24
Total = $64 (return value of each game should be $32)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#59 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

They still haven't shipped out my order. How long does it usually take?

#60 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

If I do the BOGO, can I exchange a $60 game for a newer release next month (Injustice Ultimate Edition)?