Android Amazon Appstore Sales

• Please log in to reply
2224 replies to this topic

#61 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

10000000 is shaq-fu'ing amazing. Finished it on Android *and* Linux months ago and I still can't get the music out of my head...

It sounds pretty awesome.

As someone new to Android, it's hard for me to find out about these games.  They don't ever shoot way up the charts in popularity, so I end up glossing over a lot of them.  Super Hexagon is another one I just realized is on Android that I've been dying to play.  I'm sure there are many many more but they're just really hard to find on the store.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#62 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

As someone new to Android, it's hard for me to find out about these games.  They don't ever shoot way up the charts in popularity, so I end up glossing over a lot of them.  Super Hexagon is another one I just realized is on Android that I've been dying to play.  I'm sure there are many many more but they're just really hard to find on the store.

For whatever it's worth, here's a list of some of my favorite Android games:

Super Hexagon

Zen Pinball HD

Cogs

Snuggle/Smuggle Truck

7 Little Words

Cubistry

Time Surfer

I Am Level

Slydris

Canabalt

Totemo HD

I'm not including some great games that I can play on my desktop (e.g. NightSky, Aquaria, EDGE, etc.)

My kids love Pulse, Doodle Jump, Granny Smith & the Temple Run games.

#63 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

For whatever it's worth, here's a list of some of my favorite Android games:

Super Hexagon

Zen Pinball HD

Cogs

Snuggle/Smuggle Truck

7 Little Words

Cubistry

Time Surfer

I Am Level

Slydris

Canabalt

Totemo HD

I'm not including some great games that I can play on my desktop (e.g. NightSky, Aquaria, EDGE, etc.)

My kids love Pulse, Doodle Jump, Granny Smith & the Temple Run games.

Thanks, I'll check out some of them.  I have a few from Humble Bundles already, but I wish I had picked up all the Humble Android Bundles now.  

Haha I love Doodle Jump too.  

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#64 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Reposting from Android Police:

Star Armada RTS – $0.99 from $1.99

Worms 2: Armageddon – $0.99 from $4.99 (in current Humble Bundle)

Tiny Thief – Free from $2.99 (Amazon app of the day)

Tiny Thief is definitely worth picking up for free. It's a neat little stealth game that was published, but not made, by Rovio.

#65 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

If you are having trouble redeeming those kitkat codes,found this in slickdeals

http://slickdeals.ne...t-ymmv?page=106

"If you enter a code and you win (whether it's free Kit Kat minis, a $5 code, or a Nexus) then you're done. However, if you enter a code and it says "Sorry, you didn't win" or whatever the losing message is, don't close that window. Click BACK in the browser which will take you back to the registration screen. Enter in new information (like you're playing a new code) and submit again. Do this until you win something. It may take a few tries, or it may take a lot more, but eventually you should win something with that code."

Posted Image

#66 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

OP Updated. In addition to what Louiedog posted, Drift Mania Championship 2 is also on sale for $0.99 (normally $1.99).

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#67 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

People who design the code/backend for big giveaways like the Kitkat thing don't ever seem to understand how to actually bug test... I guess it's better for the end consumers, but still pretty silly on their part.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#68 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day is Calculator Plus, normally $0.99. No new Amazon sales; new sales on Google Play include:

Root Cleaner - $2.08 $1.06

iFishing - $2.06 $0.99

#69 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

I keep getting already netered when i try to reddem those KitKat codes :(

Any1 know when that walgreen sale on kitkats ends?

Posted Image

#70 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Tablet with 8GB Memory - White  159.99 after gift card (179 before)

is it really worth it though  with black friday around the corner..  and the new kindle seems so much more powerful then this .

this  1.2GHz dual-core processor 

new  kindle   2.2GHz quad-core 

i think i wait  funny feeling these be 99 bucks  black friday  or junk within a year

WOOOO I STINK

#71 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

some major games on  amazon 

FF 3  7.99

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000620471

chaos  rings  4.99

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000620471

tempted on that  FF 3 game

WOOOO I STINK

#72 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

No new sales on Google Play today. Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day is Sci-Fighters (Normal Price: $1.29). They also put a ton of games on sale, most of which seem to be part of Square-Enix and Chillingo publisher sales:

Square-Enix Sale

FINAL FANTASY III - $15.99 $7.99

CRYSTAL DEFENDERS - $7.35 $3.66

SolaRola - $3.16 $1.58

Mensa Academy - $4.68 $2.34

CHAOS RINGS - $8.99 $4.99

CHAOS RINGS Ω (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $8.99 $4.99

Chillingo Sale

Robbery Bob - $1.99 $0.99
Flying Fox - $1.99 $0.99
Ninja Throw - $1.99 $0.99
Catapult King - $1.99 $0.99
Tiny Troopers - $1.99 $0.99
Super Knights - $1.99 $0.99
This Could Hurt - $1.99 $0.99
iBomber Defense Pacific - $1.99 $0.99
Contre Jour - $1.99 $0.99
Grow Away! - $1.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous

Feed Me Oil - $2.99 $0.99

Draw Race 2 - $2.99 $0.99

#73 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I wish games/apps from Amazon wouldn't try to phone home so often. I don't have a data plan and if I'm not connected to WiFi, the app will close on me. Its the only reason I'm apprehensive about buying from Amazon anymore and prefer the Play Store.
76561198025510545.png

#74 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I wish games/apps from Amazon wouldn't try to phone home so often. I don't have a data plan and if I'm not connected to WiFi, the app will close on me. Its the only reason I'm apprehensive about buying from Amazon anymore and prefer the Play Store.

I'm not sure I've ever had this happen to me besides when I first start an app. As far as I know I've only had to launch it once while connected and can then run it without a connection. At least I was able to do that earlier today with several apps I got through Amazon, but maybe it's different for certain apps.

#75 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Oh course I bought Chaos Ring from play store yesterday morning for full price...not a bad game.

#76 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

If you kill 25 zombies in the free game Zombie Road Trip you can earn 25 Amazon Coins ($0.25 credit for buying other apps).

#77 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm not seeing the free coin notice on the apps listed in the OP.

Anyone confirm?

#78 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm not seeing the free coin notice on the apps listed in the OP.

Anyone confirm?

Looks like that promo has ended, I'm updating the OP now. Thanks for the heads up!

#79 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day is Vam Jump, normally $2.99. No new sales from either Google Play or Amazon yet.

#80 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

A few days ago I was able to earn 25 free Amazon Coins by investigating a room 5 times in the free game Mystery Manor (Kindle Tablet Edition). I don't know if it is still giving the 25 free Amazon Coins.

Once in awhile AppGratis has some good freebies too.

#81 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Once in awhile AppGratis has some good freebies too.

Now that we have a new thread and someone taking care of the OP it's probably worth having a section for these apps that deal seekers should own.

There's AppGratis and App of the Day which often feature limited time freebies. Unfortunately App of the Day is UK only, but the apk can be grabbed from here. The deals themselves work for anyone, and is usually in the form of the code "appoftheday" but it's nice to have it installed and wake up to a notification of a new freebie.

Then there's AppSales to be notified of price drops. 

#82 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Now that we have a new thread and someone taking care of the OP it's probably worth having a section for these apps that deal seekers should own.

There's AppGratis and App of the Day which often feature limited time freebies. Unfortunately App of the Day is UK only, but the apk can be grabbed from here. The deals themselves work for anyone, and is usually in the form of the code "appoftheday" but it's nice to have it installed and wake up to a notification of a new freebie.

Then there's AppSales to be notified of price drops. 

Thanks for the info about the App of the Day. I was wondering why I none of my devices were compatible with it. Being a UK only app explains it. Thanks for the apk.

In case anyone was wondering where I found those games that offer free Amazon Coins, it was via the Amazon Appstore on my Kindle Fire HD. There are ads in the store that mention the free coins offers. Back when those 23 free apps had 20 Amazon Coins ($4.60 free) there was an ad that listed all those apps. I was surprised it lasted for a week.

There is a currently an ad that mentions buying certain indie games and earning Amazon Coins, but it doesn't seem to be offering any coins at the moment. Maybe they haven't updated it yet.

On your Kindle go to apps -> Store. Sometimes you can go to the games section of the store and it will have ads for sales or other offers.

If I spot anything good I'll post it here.

#83 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

sucks my  kindle fire HD that i just got   JULY 28 2013   just blew up   i think.

it will no longer download

launcher fails to open (or load or whatever its called) 

and  the  screen is just froze half of the time

what sucks is i got it from best buy and they say  since they no longer carry that system they cant replace it.   I can only buy the new kindle  system and pay the 100 more for it.  Waiting for someone at the 800 line to call me back

WOOOO I STINK

#84 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Just go the warranty route.

#85 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Just go the warranty route.

see that is the thing i dont like. contacted amazon and they said even though i got the system at best buy  they would  REPLACE IT FOR FREE  just toss the old system..

i think a  169.99  free system would throw so many red flags up  on amazon it would   trigger the ban hammer.

WOOOO I STINK

#86 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Free Amazon Coins with the purchase of select indie games.

Link

#87 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

see that is the thing i dont like. contacted amazon and they said even though i got the system at best buy  they would  REPLACE IT FOR FREE  just toss the old system..

i think a  169.99  free system would throw so many red flags up  on amazon it would   trigger the ban hammer.

How many other times have you abused Amazon recently?

#88 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Free Amazon Coins with the purchase of select indie games.

Link

Hmm...is this a whole different set of games than the first set?  This is sweet, I may even buy a couple full priced games with all these free coins.

EDIT: n/m, didn't notice that "purchase" part, none of these are free games like the first set.  Still, may still grab Super Hexagon from that list after Humble Bundle announces their bonus games.

#89 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

This happens to me too often these days that I don't opt for all the free Amazon apps.  I have enough things from Google Play or Humble Bundles to fill my 16 gigs.

ach.png

#90 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

see that is the thing i dont like. contacted amazon and they said even though i got the system at best buy they would REPLACE IT FOR FREE just toss the old system..

i think a 169.99 free system would throw so many red flags up on amazon it would trigger the ban hammer.

IMHO, I wouldn't worry about it. Amazon doesn't really care about the price of their stuff as much as happy customers buying more stuff. Amazon has also stated that they are not interested in making money off of the Kindles - the content is their money-maker. And warranty replacements are there for the exact situation you are having.
76561198025510545.png