Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Gamestop B2G1 preowned products (everything) 10/24-10/27 (10/24 exclusive to PUR members)

Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#571 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just getting back from a few GameStops, I won big.

>Take the risk to buy two copies of pre-owned GTA V after selling the previous copy I had to best buy for $45, pick Mahvel Supah Heroes as my game

>Head over to the other part of town after waiting an hour and get a refund on the two copies of GTA V, keep Mahvel.

>Repeat this method with the other two GameStop's in my town, except I pick The Last Of Us

>End up getting $109 back + the $45 from the xtra GTA V, giving me $154, use $25 for gas

>Use accumulated PowerUp Rewards points to get free PowerUp Rewards Pro afterwards at the original gamestop

>mfw after everything was done and done

fq3p.png

I'll probably also flip TLoU to Best Buy once I'm done playing it since I've heard it's really short

Eh. I doubt they'd let you return like that. GameStop isn't that dumb.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#572 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

How would that give you 15,000 points for spend on a PUR Pro membership? And it takes a day to register as points...

#573 cyko

cyko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

On a whim, I decided to pull into a Gamestop on my way home to see if this B2G1 and trade in GTAV would work and it totally did. I snagged a Ps3 and 360 copy of GTAV and then they had a complete Limited Edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 that they just received in today for my third game.

After checking out, I explained to the employee that I wanted to sell the GTAV's back to them for 48.00 each with the promos. He thought about it and after doing the math, he said, "That's BRILLIANT! Totally brilliant!!" I bought an $0.89 copy of Guitar Hero DS to trigger the promo and walked out of the same store with the $3 LE KH 1.5, $1 GH DS, and $95 of credit (that I already planned on using during Black Friday anyways).

Great deal!! Thanks a ton to whoever originally put that together!

#574 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

How would that give you 15,000 points for spend on a PUR Pro membership? And it takes a day to register as points...

With all those return he won't have any points in his powerup account

#575 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I think he just used the wrong word. He probably traded them in.

518815.png

#576 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I don't have the Pro membership, but the other day I did the B2G1 (online) and got the 10% off that Pro would usually get.  Is anyone still getting that discount that isn't Pro also?

#577 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Some of y'all are just too damn ratchet

#578 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Bia Bia, why you actin' like a *** like a ***

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

LMAO! you talking about the turtle who was basically stealing.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Have: 2 $5 eshop codes..Want: Game and Wario

Playing: :xb1: UFC   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Pikmin 3   :360: Remember Me   :ps3: Fight Night Round 4   :3ds: Pokemon Y   :vita: J&D TPL

#579 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

Ratchet_%26_Clank.jpg

LMAO! you talking about the turtle who was basically stealing.

What you talkin bout, kick?

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#580 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Yeah sooooo, Yakuza isn't for me. If I can even find the receipt, it would probably be YMMV trying to return it since the guy gave me Yakuza 4 instead of 3, wouldn't it?

(Rang up Yakuza 3's case but put 4's disc in the case)

#581 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

I firmly believe they did consecutive B2G1 weekends just to lay down the banhammer. Honestly, some people just plain deserve it. There's finding creative ways to get a game for cheap or to flip credit between companies and then there's flat out theft. Is the thirst that real? Returning two games and keeping the free one is the weakest hustle I've ever heard of in my life. It not only takes the most brain dead employee possible but it also takes an old school WWF cartoony heel to be the one to try it.

#582 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Yeah sooooo, Yakuza isn't for me. If I can even find the receipt, it would probably be YMMV trying to return it since the guy gave me Yakuza 4 instead of 3, wouldn't it?

(Rang up Yakuza 3's case but put 4's disc in the case)

Go back to the store you went to and explain xwhat happened. The computer will show how many Yakuza 4 they have and when he checks he should notice a 4 missing but a extra 3 left.

I firmly believe they did consecutive B2G1 weekends just to lay down the banhammer. Honestly, some people just plain deserve it. There's finding creative ways to get a game for cheap or to flip credit between companies and then there's flat out theft. Is the thirst that real? Returning two games and keeping the free one is the weakest hustle I've ever heard of in my life. It not only takes the most brain dead employee possible but it also takes an old school WWF cartoony heel to be the one to try it.

he thought he was doing a legit thing.

Playing: :xb1: UFC   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Pikmin 3   :360: Remember Me   :ps3: Fight Night Round 4   :3ds: Pokemon Y   :vita: J&D TPL

#583 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Also, I should probably ask, does the Holiday Policy even work the same way?

This was during the 1st B2G1 sale and it's past the normal 7 day window.

Edit: I was also looking through my receipts and noticed something, on my GTA V receipt, from launch day, there's a code for B2G1 Preowned coupon to use between 9/19 and 9/29. Did everyone get one of those? The employee didn't mention it

#584 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Also, I should probably ask, does the Holiday Policy even work the same way?

This was during the 1st B2G1 sale and it's past the normal 7 day window.

Edit: I was also looking through my receipts and noticed something, on my GTA V receipt, from launch day, there's a code for B2G1 Preowned coupon to use between 9/19 and 9/29. Did everyone get one of those? The employee didn't mention it

Yea I think there was a thread about it. Check the first page, it shows the terms for the Holiday return policy

#585 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Everyone that picked it up within 48 hours.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#586 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

yeah that coupon was great for GTA pickups, was able to use that and the B2G1 for PRO signup to build some good GS credit.  Worked out well.

Probably should have tried to get to GS today to see if I could snag the 2 GTAs I traded in yesterday but just didnt have time.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#587 PubeAndCube

PubeAndCube

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

If there's a fool to exploit legally, go ahead and exploit mate.
 Especially at companies like GameStop.

pKKHv.gif

#588 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I bought 2 GTAs and had to choose Last of Us as the 3rd game because they were out of stock. It was only when I got home that it occurred to me that Last of Us needs an online pass.

Is Last of Us one of the games that Gamestop has a relationship with in which they are supposed to print an online pass code on your receipt? I can't remember but it seemed like Sony had some arrangement with Gamestop that some 1st-party used games are provided with online passes. Any1 remember the specifics about a deal like this, possibly with a different publisher if I'm wrong?

#589 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I bought 2 GTAs and had to choose Last of Us as the 3rd game because they were out of stock. It was only when I got home that it occurred to me that Last of Us needs an online pass.

Is Last of Us one of the games that Gamestop has a relationship with in which they are supposed to print an online pass code on your receipt? I can't remember but it seemed like Sony had some arrangement with Gamestop that some 1st-party used games are provided with online passes. Cags, help me out here?

Not any more. I too bought a TLOU and got no code, I bought one 2 months ago and that one didn't print either. : (

#590 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Is Last of Us one of the games that Gamestop has a relationship with in which they are supposed to print an online pass code on your receipt? I can't remember but it seemed like Sony had some arrangement with Gamestop that some 1st-party used games are provided with online passes. Any1 remember the specifics about a deal like this, possibly with a different publisher if I'm wrong?

I also did not get one two sales ago.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#591 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Not any more. I too bought a TLOU and got no code, I bought one 2 months ago and that one didn't print either. : (

I also did not get one two sales ago.

Thanks for the heads up, guys

#592 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

I did a b2g1 and one of the games is just horrible. The walking dead survival instinct btw. It's almost Brink bad. GameStop should let me a
Swap that game for another the same price or am I going to have to return all 3?

#593 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I did a b2g1 and one of the games is just horrible. The walking dead survival instinct btw. It's almost Brink bad. GameStop should let me a
Swap that game for another the same price or am I going to have to return all 3?

#594 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

On a whim, I decided to pull into a Gamestop on my way home to see if this B2G1 and trade in GTAV would work and it totally did. I snagged a Ps3 and 360 copy of GTAV and then they had a complete Limited Edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 that they just received in today for my third game.

After checking out, I explained to the employee that I wanted to sell the GTAV's back to them for 48.00 each with the promos. He thought about it and after doing the math, he said, "That's BRILLIANT! Totally brilliant!!" I bought an $0.89 copy of Guitar Hero DS to trigger the promo and walked out of the same store with the $3 LE KH 1.5, $1 GH DS, and $95 of credit (that I already planned on using during Black Friday anyways).

Great deal!! Thanks a ton to whoever originally put that together!

That is pretty genius, but I feel bad for the employee because he might get fired.

#595 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

I went today to purchase a Kindle card and my store still had signs all over the place, even on the front door, about the b2g1 free. Should've tried doing it with the SOTW coupon. grr

Miami+Flash15.png

#596 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Did you pay for it or was it the free game?  If you paid for it they would probably be willing to just return that one and sell you a different one as long as it would be more than the game you had gotten free.  If it was the free game it's going to be YMMV, as I mentioned in the previous thread, because that would mean they would have to manually mark the new game down to free.  Normally in these situations they have to return all three and repurchase them so the promo triggers.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png