Mafia II or Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC Digital Download) Free (When You Cast Your Votes For Golden Joystick Awards)

PetersHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
236 (100%)
Found this over at slickdeals.

"GreenManGaming.com has Mafia II or Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC Digital Download) for Free when you follow the instructions below. Thanks BargainsA

Note, requires Steam Account

1. Click here to vote for your favorites for the 31st Golden Joystick Awards
  2. After casting your votes, you will be prompted to register or log into ComputersAndVideoGames.com
  3. After you log in, on the Thank you for voting page, click red text "click here to get your code"
  4. You will be redirected to GreenManGaming.com
  5. Choose from Mafia II or Sid Meier's Civilization V and log in to register for your free game
    • Note, if your GreenManGaming.com account log in does not work, try to log in with account information used or created at ComputersAndVideoGames.com
  6. After log in, click "I want my free game!"
  7. Check your email
    • You will receive a "Redeem your Free Game" email; you may try the confirmation link however if it is before the wait period of 24 hours it may say that you have not voted yet
  8. After approximately 24 hours, go to back to your "Redeem your Free Game" email and click confirmation link. It will verify and your game will "be on the way".
  9. Immediately you will receive an additional email with the Game Activation Key
  10. Redeem your Game Activation Key on your Steam Account (Steam activation instructions can be found in your Game Activation Key email)"

Last edited by a moderator:
After voting the only thing I see is that I was entered to win an iPad Mini. There's nothing about 'get free game' on the thank you for voting page or email.

After voting, even though there's no "click here to get your code" red text like the OP says, when I clicked on the GreenManGaming.com link in the OP it proceeded like normal, and I got to choose between the two games and logged in to have the email sent to me. It still seems to work, you just have to go GreenManGaming.com yourself instead of clicking directly through after voting.

After clicking the confirmation link in the email though, I can confirm that it told me I hadn't voted yet, even though I had. Gonna check back in a day and hope it works.

Thanks for the heads up!

After voting, even though there's no "click here to get your code" red text like the OP says, when I clicked on the GreenManGaming.com link in the OP it proceeded like normal, and I got to choose between the two games and logged in to have the email sent to me. It still seems to work, you just have to go GreenManGaming.com yourself instead of clicking directly through after voting.

After clicking the confirmation link in the email though, I can confirm that it told me I hadn't voted yet, even though I had. Gonna check back in a day and hope it works.

Thanks for the heads up!
That's the way it worked for me. It wasn't immediate.

Looks like it's dead now. Even from the GGM link in the OP's post it now says: 

"We've had a massive response to our free game offer, and we want to ensure that everybody who has already registered their votes receives their free game. As a result, we are temporarily suspending the promotion registration. 

Just a heads up for those who received their games. I received an email with a coupon code for 75% off all the Mafia II DLC. I'm somewhat tempted... Is the DLC worth $8?

For those who opted for Civ V, did you guys receive an email as well?

Where does it say this is dead?  I was able to submit a request for CIV 5 and was sent a link by GMG to redeem it.  It hasnt shown yet, but it does state that it can take 24hours.

Probably because a lot of signed up and voted for this. We got the email to claim it, upon going to the email link we were told the email address we used did not vote and we were put in this endless loop which kept directing us back to the voting link.

I retract my previous statement. I tried clicking the link today and it worked and gave me a key. The voting goes on until 10/20 according to my email so it should still work.

Thanks for posting. I've seen this many times but when I voted last time I couldn't get a game due to heavy demand. I just loaded up the site and it said I already voted and offered me my game. :D

Unfortunately, even though I voted, my link from GMG says I haven't voted yet and so I have to go back to vote. When I go back it says "Thank you for voting.". Back to GMG and it says I haven't voted yet. I'm stuck in an endless loop. Anyone else have this problem?

It takes about 24h after registering and voting to have the key ready. If you received the "Thank you for voting in the 31st Golden Joystick Awards" and "Thank you from Green Man Gaming and Golden Joysticks" emails, you're all set. The email confirmation link in the latter one will become active after about 24h and then trigger the delivery of the key.

Unfortunately, even though I voted, my link from GMG says I haven't voted yet and so I have to go back to vote. When I go back it says "Thank you for voting.". Back to GMG and it says I haven't voted yet. I'm stuck in an endless loop. Anyone else have this problem?
I got this for about 2 days and then finally the link worked. As long as you registered correctly, you should eventually get it.

bread's done
Back